‘23 GA TE Ethan Davis (Tennessee commit)

Man we ain't had an elite/good even tight end in I couldn't tell u how long..Was Written really the last great dude?That's amazing to me,I guess the way offenses run now their not as important as they once were,I'm not sure.Im not a big fan of Warren or Fant,maybe they show up idk.Kid like Davis can really make this offense even better.
Tight ends are very important in any offense. Until Heupel got here we didn’t did a good job at recruiting or developing a good tight end. Of course our play at the LOS has to get better or it’s all for naught. People need to realize it’s still a LOS league, if you can’t get the tough yards and don’t have a good short yardage game the good teams will beat you. And you need a defense that can go disrupt a quarterback. If a good quarterback has all day he is either going to find somebody or run no matter how great your DB’s are. A good reciever can still get open if given enough time. Playing on your heels defense will get your arse kicked! GBO!!!!

I still can't get over how bad our 3rd down Defense was...Just something doesn't add up with the other numbers but anyways.It def is a LOS league.We saw that in the bowl game,They didn't get any push and our tight ends failed badly at blocking it seemed.It would be nice to have the line hold up run some PA,hit a tight end across the middle.I feel like they could have been more creative in the RedZone area.I guess they expected guys to do the simple stuff but we had some growing pains.It wasn't a bad season all things considered when u look back.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I still can't get over how bad our 3rd down Defense was...Just something doesn't add up with the other numbers but anyways.It def is a LOS league.We saw that in the bowl game,They didn't get any push and our tight ends failed badly at blocking it seemed.It would be nice to have the line hold up run some PA,hit a tight end across the middle.I feel like they could have been more creative in the RedZone area.I guess they expected guys to do the simple stuff but we had some growing pains.It wasn't a bad season all things considered when u look back.
Go back and look at the film of the games. Our LBs were being pushed all over the file and they can the safeties could not cove any slant or over the middle pass. We almost never stopped a passing play over the middle unless were blitzed the passer and sacked him. In the Perdue game, we had the ball last and did not have time to score. Well, we did miss on a couple of 3rd and 4th downs at the end of the game.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I guess he should just decommit then…
If that’s his only plan. Someone can lie to him and tell him he’d have a shot to play both but I bet my house he never plays both at a Power 5 level. Not that he’s bad at either but it’s just never going to happen.

Is he 6’3” or 6’5”? At the lower height, no way. At 6’5”…maybe? I admittedly haven’t kept up with these type guys but Julius Peppers is the last I can remember that did it at a relatively high level. He was a lot taller though

I was fixing to ask uf anyone knew of the athletes recently that had played duel sports and been successful.It seems u hear this alot with recruits but never comes to fruition.

Don’t know the notable fencers.
oX5DITQ.gif

Is he 6’3” or 6’5”? At the lower height, no way. At 6’5”…maybe? I admittedly haven’t kept up with these type guys but Julius Peppers is the last I can remember that did it at a relatively high level. He was a lot taller though

He has a year to add an inch to reach Admiral's height and bet the frame is not all that different. Never say never. Chances of success in both is pretty low, but he does increase his odds if he gets two shots. Nothing wrong with lofty goals either.

Reactions: American_PitVol
I mean this in the nicest way, but…..no he isn’t. The exact same thing was said about Dee Beckwith and Malachi Wideman. He’s not going to be able to spend enough time with the team to play defense the way Rick demands to get playing time.
Since we have no idea what he and the coaching staffs have discussed, I will wait to see what develops after he arrives next year. Anything else is speculation- a wild ass guess.

Reactions: volKano
Since we have no idea what he and the coaching staffs have discussed, I will wait to see what develops after he arrives next year. Anything else is speculation- a wild ass guess.

Yeah, it’s all just a “guess” but that’s what message boards are for. Discussion. It’s more likely that they’re using the basketball card as a favor to keep other schools from trying to flip him by using that excuse.

I’m sure he’s a good basketball player, but there is just no way he can play both football and basketball at a high level that I’m sure Heupel and Rick demand by splitting his time.

Barnes demands a lot from his players, and I can’t see Davis being able to do what Rick wants if he isn’t completely focused on basketball.

We had the same discussion when Wideman and Beckwith were saying they wanted to play basketball. It just doesn’t happen often anymore and you have to be truly special to pull off both.

It would be easier for him to do it if Tennessee was a bad basketball program and needed talent, but we’re one of the better programs in the country right now, so less minutes are available with our deep bench.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back