Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuonzo threw away some good teams. He should have made the tournament 3 years in a row. Finally made it by way of play-in game and got lucky that our region got crazy with upsets. Paved the way for the Sweet 16. Credit to him to get there, but man did he underachieve.

He was awful and then he dumped on us again leaving after the sweet 16 and having a pretty good recruiting class lined up. I have no idea how you have McRae, Stokes, and Richardson and do that poorly.

He was awful and then he dumped on us again leaving after the sweet 16 and having a pretty good recruiting class lined up. I have no idea how you have McRae, Stokes, and Richardson and do that poorly.
Every year we were on the bubble because of boneheaded losses. Then we would completely crap the bed late in the season or in the SEC Tourny and miss the dance.

They could still have an early exit...because...basketball. It doesn't matter to me, I still love this team. Even when they don't score well, they bust their ass on defense, which a lot of teams won't do nowadays.
I don't expect a thing from the tournament. . . mainly because we're UT and we'll most likely draw a #14 seed team on a historic Cinderella run of the century.

triple-h-disgusted.gif

At this point I just want him to go to Texas.

A lot of people who've watched him think he's overrated because he should be dominating the competition he plays and he hasn't really done that. I don't know if that's sour grapes from fans feeling left out but I've heard it from a lot of different people (fans of other teams). I haven't kept up with him, tbh but I don't think CJH needs a superstar type QB to put up epic numbers. Give Heupel someone even half-way competent and he'll put up gaudy numbers. Give him a gamebreaker and those numbers would probably shoot through the stratosphere.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Btw, any of you who've had covid had a relapse period? I went out shopping this weekend for essentials and was feeling better but starting last night I was hacking and coughing again. I thought I was better. I'm certainly not as bad as I was when I first got sick but it was like I had a few days of feeling better (no cough or anything) only to start feeling bad again. Is this normal? Do I need to drag myself to a doc for some antibiotics? (Feels like as low level as this is that it could be a waste of resources).

ETA: Well poop... took my temperature and 99.3. Low fever but dang it this ish is back.

Cuonzo threw away some good teams. He should have made the tournament 3 years in a row. Finally made it by way of play-in game and got lucky that our region got crazy with upsets. Paved the way for the Sweet 16. Credit to him to get there, but man did he underachieve.
Yeah Zo was pretty bad….. his recruiting was what had me shaking my head….. he would get someone like Stokes and then follow it with guys that had no business playing in the SEC.

I just think we're moving the goal posts if an elite 8 is your standard. When I was a freshman, Cuonzo was the head coach and my goal/standard was to just get in the tourney so we have a chance at winning anything meaningful. Final 4 is my ultimate goal for basketball but I'll never complain about not meeting expectations when we go to the tourney every year and we at least have a chance at that. A first-round bounce this year and I would say we did not meet expectations but March is always tough.
My goals is always the same no matter if it is Zo as our coach or Wade Houston….. the bare minimum to stay as basketball coach is to make the tournament almost every year…Rick Barnes is a great coach and even better representative of our university…. That still doesn’t change what defines a truly successful season…. I don’t ever want to be like Kentucky Football program and give a coach a lifetime contract if they manage seven wins a season.

Been there…..and it’s just freaking beautiful
Yes...it is..

For the unknowing, this is Mt Moran, named for the great artist Thomas Moran, who helped get Yellowstone made into our first National Park with the beautiful paintings of Yellowstone he made on one of the first exploratory missions, inspiring the imaginations of our young nation...

Mt Moran is the highest peak on the far right in this photo taken from the Oxbow Bend viewpoint on the Snake River in Grand Teton National Park
FB_IMG_1585274830403_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back