Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes great guard play to advance in the tournament. We have 3 great guards.

If Aidoo is as real as last night looked, and Uros and Fulk can stay healthy, and we've got our guards zooming around the perimeter. With veteran leadership in Vescovi and Fulky, the fearless spirit and tenacity that ZZ brings, and the star power of Chandler...

We might mess around and do something.

We haven't shifted into 5th yet, and we might have a 6th gear that we don't know about.

One game Powell is going to turn into the sniper from Saving Private Ryan and knock down like 10 3's while methodically reciting his shooter's scripture.

You also gotta keep JJJ in the mix, he does so much for this team and any night where he's hot offensively he can carry us (like he did on the road at South Carolina & at Mississippi State).

If we ever get anything from Powell, Mashack, Bailey, or BHH on a more regular basis we'll be unbeatable.

The announcers blatantly ignored that this dude instigated the whole ruckus despite multiple replays.

Yep, completely agree. Santi rushing over to help up Fulky is typical. Hell to their credit the KY bench weren't even being a-holes. But then that little POS decides to hop up and try to block Santi? Like wth

I think Mashack, Q, Powell, will all improve. Aidoo, BHH, Uros & Tamba will all improve too.

ZZ, Santi, James also gonna be good any improvement from them is gravy.

And I think Edwards will be a baller himself.

If Bailey leaves we can add another as well.
Barnes is at his best when he has time to develop his players. Hopefully, some of these guys understand this and hang around at least 3 years.

Awesome win for them Vols. Wasn't expecting much but they showed up with revenge on their minds. A few weeks ago I pretty much had resigned myself to an early tournament exit. They really seem to be playing their best ball right now. An Auburn win would make the world right again.
They could still have an early exit...because...basketball. It doesn't matter to me, I still love this team. Even when they don't score well, they bust their ass on defense, which a lot of teams won't do nowadays.

I don't care if he does or doesn't...nobody else has EVER done it here, and until a few Pearly years, all we had was mostly crap after Ray Mears, and even he never did a whole lot, but he usually had good teams.

This is patently false. Mears coached 15 years at UT with an overall 71.3% winning percentage, three conference championships and 2 time SEC coach of the year. Need to remember the NCAA tournament was only 16 teams during his tenure. He put UT on the national map with the Ernie and Bernie show and his lasting legacy is he coined BIG ORANGE COUNTRY all while battling mental depression.

Yep, completely agree. Santi rushing over to help up Fulky is typical. Hell to their credit the KY bench weren't even being a-holes. But then that little POS decides to hop up and try to block Santi? Like wth
I think it's a team rule that when one of our players is on the floor, the other players rush to help him up. That's part of team chemistry and I've seen it every game.

Tennessee has always had the "potential" to be an annual power in basketball, our fanbase is awesome and will support any real effort to be great.

I have to give Pearl credit here..he did a lot to build it up from nothing, only to screw it all back up...but we were just waiting for the opportunity to be great again.

Public apology to John Fulkerson as I posted a couple of games ago he had significantly regressed over the past two years. Last couple of games has proved this comment false as he has elevated his play and is a key contributor to the success of this team. Evidenced by his desire to come off the bench versus returning to a starting role since the injury to OKN. Very few players in today's game would make that choice and no one can question his commitment and love for the team and the Big Orange

I have a picture of Mt Moran from Oxbow Bend there in Grand Teton NP that I always want to post as a joke...but only the very few people who've been there would get it. We usually stay in a cabin at Colter Bay right up hwy 89 from Moran Junction.
Screenshot_20220216-112249_Maps.jpg

I don't care if he does or doesn't...nobody else has EVER done it here, and until a few Pearly years, all we had was mostly crap after Ray Mears, and even he never did a whole lot, but he usually had good teams.
So we shouldn’t hold him to standards bc our administration has run such piss poor programs? The standards shouldn’t change….. they should have been the same when Wade Houston was here winning 5 games( I was at every single home game that year) as it is now….. Basketball is a tournament sport and that is how coaches and programs are judged…. That would be like saying bc we haven’t won anything in 15 years that an SEC championship isn’t our goal….. That being said…. No, I don’t want him fired if he loses in the first round but there is nuance allowed in these discussions.

So we shouldn’t hold him to standards bc our administration has run such piss poor programs? The standards shouldn’t change….. they should have been the same when Wade Houston was here winning 5 games( I was at every single home game that year) as it is now….. Basketball is a tournament sport and that is how coaches and programs are judged…. That would be like saying bc we haven’t won anything in 15 years that an SEC championship isn’t our goal….. That being said…. No, I don’t want him fired if he loses in the first round but there is nuance allowed in these discussions.
Jeez...sthu..🤦‍♂️

Tennessee has always had the "potential" to be an annual power in basketball, our fanbase is awesome and will support any real effort to be great.

I have to give Pearl credit here..he did a lot to build it up from nothing, only to screw it all back up...but we were just waiting for the opportunity to be great again.
F*** Pearl.

I have a picture of Mt Moran from Oxbow Bend there in Grand Teton NP that I always want to post as a joke...but only the very few people who've been there would get it. We usually stay in a cabin at Colter Bay right up hwy 89 from Moran Junction.
View attachment 434432
A lot of recruiting forum posters were birthed there.

I agree…. Don’t want him fired but the discussion will continue if the early tournament exists continue. I bet if that situation ever came they’ll both say “retired”. Hope we can break the final 4 barrier this season. I like the Aidoo kid

I agree…. Don’t want him fired but the discussion will continue if the early tournament exists continue. I bet if that situation ever came they’ll both say “retired”. Hope we can break the final 4 barrier this season. I like the Aidoo kid
We have been needing someone like Aidoo for awhile….. he looks really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back