Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

I do like a good locker room talk. That message was maybe realizing the team is hitting a wall and will be a quick out if things change and people don’t step up. Either score points or get physical if you can’t. Do your job

Last edited:
But more than anyone, she is herself. I get tired of and it is not fair to compare her (good or bad) to Pat Summitt. Every time I see one of those post I want to make a post that she reminds me of Wes Moore when he and her were at Chattanooga.
I want to make a post, or better have the media ask about or write about, her original coach and inspiration, her dad Ken Jolly. He's a legend in White Co. The continuous Pat stuff is just lazy, obvious "journalism" 3 yrs in.

Reactions: T_Vol376
I want to make a post, or better have the media ask about or write about, her original coach and inspiration, her dad Ken Jolly. He's a legend in White Co. The continuous Pat stuff is just lazy, obvious "journalism" 3 yrs in.
Easy to write about, when you played and won under Pat. Media/fans want to believe because of the mannerisms and looks because they can’t let go of the past.

Easy to write about, when you played and won under Pat. Media/fans want to believe because of the mannerisms and looks because they can’t let go of the past.

Only human nature. After all, in ten years, we'll encounter obnoxious people at ball games and wryly comment, "Just like _____." :rolleyes:

Reactions: Majors
Look at me y'all, I'm just like Pat!

VrZM.gif

Being respectful is hard.

maybe yes, maybe no but you just don't pull out a performance like that out of the air. I think that clip gives us KJH's vibe and how she responds to a lack of toughness and effort.
The film crew followed her around several days and she couldn’t do her job and focus on them 100% of the time. I doubt it’s the first time she let her team have it, just the first time it was filmed. She goes after the refs, during live games, frequently. She was intensely competitive as a player and is likely the same as a coach. Take a breath. They are 21-4 and 2nd place in the toughest women’s basketball conference in America.

The film crew followed her around several days and she couldn’t do her job and focus on them 100% of the time. I doubt it’s the first time she let her team have it, just the first time it was filmed. She goes after the refs, during live games, frequently. She was intensely competitive as a player and is likely the same as a coach. Take a breath. They are 21-4 and 2nd place in the toughest women’s basketball conference in America.

Why are telling me this and why do you assume I need to take a breath? Everything I have said in this thread is 100% compatible with your post.

I still don't believe in her recruiting skills and in women's basketball, it's all about your 5 stars. Yes you have to turn them into a team (sorry Holly), but you don't see teams of 3 star recruits making it to the Final Four.

Now if she starts getting the recruits, I believe she's got the coaching skills to win a NC.

I still don't believe in her recruiting skills and in women's basketball, it's all about your 5 stars. Yes you have to turn them into a team (sorry Holly), but you don't see teams of 3 star recruits making it to the Final Four.

Now if she starts getting the recruits, I believe she's got the coaching skills to win a NC.

The greatest compliment a coach can get is,,"I believe you could take either team and win"
Stars are for galaxies.
Real coaches create their own stars

Puckett and Striplin were both rated as 4 star recruits. Justine Pissott is a five star. Kaiya Wynn on paper is the best recruit of the bunch,. ranked as a top 10 guard prospect and a five star.

Kaiya Wynn

I mean they did just get a commitment from Darby's little sister, and they made the top 12 for some very highly rated players. Things are turning around...

Look at me y'all, I'm just like Pat!

VrZM.gif

You are so miserable, it’s quite funny. I stay away from posting on this site, but read often. Nothing better to do with your life as I think you spend every waking minute of your life trying to come up with the next idiotic remark about these 18-23 year old young women and their coach.
Maybe you should pick up a new hobby, maybe a good book or crocheting would do you good, or literally anything other than watching Lady Vols basketball, because quite frankly these young women and their coach could care less what some nameless nobody has to say on a message board.
moving on is hard..

Yet. We'll see in time. BTW, very few coaches are great.
Would people say Stanford’s Coach Tara VanDeVere is a great Coach? Her team won the National Championship last year, but it had been 29 years since she last won it. Pat Coached 38 years and won 8 Championships, that’s 30 years without winning the National Championship, and she is considered a great Coach.

We have people here comparing our 3rd year Coach to Pat, or just criticizing her no matter how many games we win, or how much adversity she has faced, losing Marta, then Rae, then Keyen.

Personally, I think when she came here to Coach, she hit the ground running. In her first year here, we beat several SEC teams we lost to the year before, even though we no longer had Cheriden Green, Westbrook or Collins, and Zaay Green got injured and was out, then gone.

Don’t want to repeat myself about Kellie being hired a month before signing day her first year, then had Covid restrictions the second year, still got a couple of grad students and a player from Spain, and a highly rated Freshman class this year.

Kellie is smart, relentless, a Champion, a tireless worker, and even personable. Personally, I think Kellie is a great Coach now, the Final Fours and National Championships will come, I‘m just giving some people here time to realize it.

Last edited:
Would people say Stanford’s Coach Tara VanDeVere is a great Coach? Her team won the National Championship last year, but it had been 29 years since she last won it. Pat Coached 38 years and won 8 Championships, that’s 30 years without winning the National Championship, and she is considered a great Coach.

We have people here comparing our 3rd year Coach to Pat, or just criticizing her no matter how many games we win, or how much adversity she has faced, losing Marta, then Rae, then Keyen.

Personally, I think when she came here to Coach, she hit the ground running. In her first year here, we beat several SEC teams we lost to the year before, even though we no longer had Cheriden Green, Westbrook or Collins, and Zaay Green got injured and was out, then gone.

Don’t want to repeat myself about Kellie being hired a month before signing day her first year, then had Covid restrictions the second year, still got a couple of grad students and a player from Spain, and a highly rated Freshman class this year.

Kellie is smart, relentless, a Champion, a tireless worker, and even personable. Personally, I think Kellie is a great Coach now, the Final Fours and National Championships will come, I‘m just giving some people here time to realize it.

100%

i'm not ready to declare Kellie a great coach now, mainly because she hasn't won anything yet. But she's been doing a very good job so far. Maybe one day she'll be great. LIke I said, there are very few great ones. I'm just happy now that she's making very good progress year over year.

The greatest compliment a coach can get is,,"I believe you could take either team and win"
Stars are for galaxies.
Real coaches create their own stars

It's why you play the ^%$#ing game rather than doing stare and compare of rosters and declaring a winner.

VN Store

Back