2022 Target List

That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure if Barnes would prefer to keep him off-ball or not. I would assume, barring any unforeseen circumstances, next year's starting rotation will be:

ZZ
Vescovi
James
ON
Plavsic (unless we get a transfer big)

I would prefer Uros be a role player, so I am hoping we can find someone in the transfer market to play the post.
Hopefully Aidoo progresses enough he can fill one of those spots. ON and Aidoo would be a hell of a bouncy front court.

Personally, I think Edwards becomes a better PG than Chandler at the college level.
My guess is you are on Minority Island with that hot take.

I've never seen a Tennessee freshman have to do so much to impress our fans. A lot of people are missing out on just how good KC has been and continues to be as a freshman PG leading his team. He's going to be gone, and his actual greatness will have been wasted on many fans because they kept expecting him to walk on water.

Disclaimer: Not all of that is a shot directed at you, VFJ. I just think KC is being held to an incredibly high standard, in general.

As for Edwards, I'm not entirely convinced he's a "true" PG at the next level like KC and ZZ are, this year. BJE definitely profiles as a combo guard, and there are a lot of things from the PG position that he can't do near as well as KC.

If Ewing gets fired at Georgetown, it will be interesting to see what Mutombo decides to do.
Outside of his size, I'm not sure what the infatuation is with Mutumbo, honestly. You aren't the first to mention his name, so I'm not picking on your post, specifically. It almost seems like we have a version of him in Uros. Maybe the staff thinks he has some untapped potential, bit I'd rather a more versatile guy like PJ Hall if I'm picking between the two, not to mention the production difference.

Don't confuse me with checkerboards but that lineup doesn't make me think we will be competing for SEC championship or NCAA run. I see a lot of nice pieces but not a great talent to help us compete with the upper echelon teams (Kentucky, Auburn, Arkansas) unless we see some of those guys really up their games. For that lineup to compete with the best Powell, BHH and Aidoo will need to take a big step imo. Go Vols.
Its not.

So it's good enough for top-8 talent, this year, but take away Kennedy Chandler and an extremely neutered version of John Fulkerson, add in BJ Edwards, and we aren't even in the mix for the SEC, next year?

You sure have some wild swings of opinion.
The offense is streaky this year. Next year who's gonna score? SV and JJ are pretty much it. ZZ has been fine this year but having a starting PG at his size is a joke. Edwards will struggle to crack 20 minutes a game next year. Powell has been not as advertised. Bailey needs to go back to TX. Besides JJJ the 3 is literally nothing so I hope he can play 40 minutes night in and night out next year. ORN sucks, BHH will be gone. Aidoo cant score and Uros isnt a P5 level player. And thats with hoping SV comes back and doesnt decide to go play in Europe next year.

The offense is streaky this year. Next year who's gonna score? SV and JJ are pretty much it. ZZ has been fine this year but having a starting PG at his size is a joke. Edwards will struggle to crack 20 minutes a game next year. Powell has been not as advertised. Bailey needs to go back to TX. Besides JJJ the 3 is literally nothing so I hope he can play 40 minutes night in and night out next year. ORN sucks, BHH will be gone. Aidoo cant score and Uros isnt a P5 level player. And thats with hoping SV comes back and doesnt decide to go play in Europe next year.
Cool, so no one improves before next season. Got it. We'll just ignore the fact that James, Vescovi, and Nkamhoua have all shown drastic improvement since last season. No reason at all to suspect that other players will follow suit. 👍

Cool, so no one improves before next season. Got it. We'll just ignore the fact that James, Vescovi, and Nkamhoua have all shown drastic improvement since last season. No reason at all to suspect that other players will follow suit. 👍
We have Barnes. He can improve defense, but I dont expect him to make guys good on offense. Next years team won score.

We have Barnes. He can improve defense, but I dont expect him to make guys good on offense. Next years team won score.

Your negativity is absolutely ridiculous. If you hate Barnes and Tennessee Basketball so much, why do you even bother watching the games and posting non-stop about it? Go do something you actually enjoy rather than making everyone else miserable.

False. He averaged 20 points a game his last season at State Fair. He shot 37% on 3's
So Tyndall ruined him, then, since he went down to 10 points after his time at community college before Barnes got to him. Who then brought him up to 20 in D1, which is a helluva more impressive than what he did in community college.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Your negativity is absolutely ridiculous. If you hate Barnes and Tennessee Basketball so much, why do you even bother watching the games and posting non-stop about it? Go do something you actually enjoy rather than making everyone else miserable.
Ah, the good ole I have a different opinion so I should go away post. So insightful.
Anyways, I was a TN BBall fan long before Barnes was here and I will be long after he is gone.

I think you have to add Uros to that list of improved players

On BJ Edwards
Jerry MeyerDIRECTOR OF BASKETBALL SCOUTING
PROJECTION
Power-5 Starter

Possesses good size for a point guard. Plays low to the ground and has an overall physical game. Not a high riser as a leaper but gets off the floor quickly and with power. Has functional athleticism and seeks out contact. Would rather penetrate but is a solid to good shooter when he does shoot from deep. Can attack going either direction and thrives off quick changes of direction and crafty changes of pace. Shoots the pull up jumper well and has a nifty floater and a scoop lay up. Is a very composed ball handler who controls his pace. Sees the court and is a quality distributer. Rebounds his position at a high level and is a tough defender who can guard multiple positions.
That scouting report kinda sounds like Vescovi

Ah, the good ole I have a different opinion so I should go away post. So insightful.
Anyways, I was a TN BBall fan long before Barnes was here and I will be long after he is gone.

“I was a TN basketball fan long before Barnes”

I beg to differ. Fans cheer on their team and get excited when good things happen. I have seen nothing from you to suggest you’re a fan. All you do is hate on this team, this coach, and the university constantly. What about that sounds like a fan?

“I was a TN basketball fan long before Barnes”

I beg to differ. Fans cheer on their team and get excited when good things happen. I have seen nothing from you to suggest you’re a fan. All you do is hate on this team, this coach, and the university constantly. What about that sounds like a fan?
Again, just because I have a differing opinion doesnt make me any less of a fan than you. When the program meets my expectations, I will be positive. Unlike most on here im not ok with being above average, I actually want to be good, and wont be positive until we are.

Again, just because I have a differing opinion doesnt make me any less of a fan than you. When the program meets my expectations, I will be positive. Unlike most on here im not ok with being above average, I actually want to be good, and wont be positive until we are.

If you don’t think this team is “good”, you’re beyond help.

If you don’t think this team is “good”, you’re beyond help.
I think the talent is a lot better than its being coached which is where the disappointment comes from.
Looking at Barnes tenure so far this is year 7, so far he is 2/6 as far as meeting or exceeding expectations, which isnt good. This team still has a chance to make this season a success, but based on Barnes coaching history we know it wont be.

I think the talent is a lot better than its being coached which is where the disappointment comes from.
Looking at Barnes tenure so far this is year 7, so far he is 2/6 as far as meeting or exceeding expectations, which isnt good. This team still has a chance to make this season a success, but based on Barnes coaching history we know it wont be.

He has 2 of the 4 highest season win totals in over 100 years of the history of TN basketball. He held the #1 national ranking for 4x as long as all previous coaches combined. He has one of just 8 Sweet 16s in program history. Selection Sundays are no longer hoping to get in the field. Good grief. 2 of the 6 prior years were putting out the dumpster fire and 2 others were disrupted by COVID. The program is currently in as good of shape as it has EVER been before. And still rising.

VN Store

Back