Why was 2009 a bust?

Utah just kicked the snot of Alabama's #1 recruiting class with one that wasn't in the top 50.

It's all coaching people.

I would've been thrilled with Fulmer's class this year and then incredibly pissed every fall thereafter. Just some growing pains. It'll be better when it counts-the season.

how can anyone let a 6th ranked class slip to this?

fire all the guys that were talking to the recruits and got them to love the university and then have them talk to the new guys who are just getting there and haven't done anything....

but hey, we're better on defense right?

I don't view it as a bust.

They made the most of the time they had, I can guarantee you we had some guys at least THINKING Tennessee even though they had their minds made up, something the previous regime wouldn't have done.

We ripped away two possibly explosive players from Florida.

We got Darren Myles and a good crop of linebackers.

We are still going to hit the JUCO ranks pretty hard, at least so I've heard.

The coaching change will eventually revitalize the potential in some of the players we already have.

So we probably won't be hoisting a 2009 SEC Champions banner next year, but I don't think we're going to be sitting at 5-7 not even getting a call from the Music City Bowl.

Are all of you pleople kidding me? Do you know what recruiting is about? RELATIONSHIPS!

We had no time to make RELATIONSHIPS with the recruits. Why is that so hard for some of you naive, over-anxious "fans" to understand?

So what your saying is that the Staff at Auburn is obviously better at building relationships with potential recruits much better than our $5mil plus staff?

And just for kickers they did it with less time than we did. So far they are ranked at the #18 spot on rivals and we are down at #23.

Utah just kicked the snot of Alabama's #1 recruiting class with one that wasn't in the top 50.

It's all coaching people.

um.....like 2-4 of those recruits were playing last year....most people in a number one class - even most of the good players in a number one class - dont play their first year on campus...

I hate how people bring the money up everytime something doesn't go the way they want it. Who cares how much we are paying these guys. I doubt you will stop going to games. If you do I will take your tix.

So what your saying is that the Staff at Auburn is obviously better at building relationships with potential recruits much better than our $5mil plus staff?

And just for kickers they did it with less time than we did. So far they are ranked at the #18 spot on rivals and we are down at #23.

AU was going after Troy and UAB recruits for the most part. Who do you think they would choose?

I hate how people bring the money up everytime something doesn't go the way they want it. Who cares how much we are paying these guys. I doubt you will stop going to games. If you do I will take your tix.

there's a thin line between paying for entertainment and paying for success and alot of times people confuse them

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING

Geez, some of you people kill me. Saying that this class is a bust, or that Kiffin sucks at recruiting, or whatever is like an 2-9 NFL team firing its coach, and then deciding that the interim guy sucks because he only went 2-3 in the last five games. This is a terrible team that just fired its whole coaching staff. Expecting the new guys to walk in and, with only six weeks on the job, steal all the best recruits away from Saban and Meyer and Richt is unreasonable.

If we're sitting here next year with a disappointing class, then bitch away. But until there's sufficient evidence to declare that these guys are failures, then why be choose to be miserable ahead of time? Some of you guys sound like my wife when she was pregnant.

um.....like 2-4 of those recruits were playing last year....most people in a number one class - even most of the good players in a number one class - dont play their first year on campus...

Surely you get the point. Never in the history of football has Utah's recruiting class come close to Alabama's. I was just using last season for dramatic effect.

There are some people that are just simply impossible to please....or should I rephrase...there are some VOL FANS that are impossible to please. If anyone expect Coach Kiff to come in and have a top 5-10 class after only being on the job for 2 months, they need to crawl back under the rock they came from.

VN Store

Back