Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I just sat with the arrogant self righteous arsehole doc that some other posters were talking about.
My wife and I go to the monthly wine tasting at our country club. We got there a little late and wre seated at a table with this GI doc. He is the poster child for entitled pushy knowitall docs.
I played golf with he and his buddies once and swore never again. Well, at the wine tasting, he said that they are taking a once a month golf trip and I needed to go with them…
I have never been so happy to be covering a UT Arlington baseball game Friday and Dallas Jackals rugby game Saturday. Whew, the next trip is Memorial Day weekend and my wife saved me with “family coming in town”

As he is droning on and on, I realized that outside of my partners, I really don’t hang out with other doctors. It hit me hard why I don’t…
😳
A lot to jest about here....

Also, I am totally joking and giving you a hard time. You're awesome.

A "pushy" GI doc? I just thought that was in the job description!

I'll never forget driving across kansas. So much wheat, so much time.

The only thing to occupy your time driving across Kansas is to spot out a water tower. Guess, or if there's other people in the car, bet, how far away you think it is and hit the odometer. Then see how long it is until the car pulls even with the tower.

I know that I can see 12.1 miles across that state and my buddy claims to have once seen 18 miles.

Okay, so I just sat with the arrogant self righteous arsehole doc that some other posters were talking about.
My wife and I go to the monthly wine tasting at our country club. We got there a little late and wre seated at a table with this GI doc. He is the poster child for entitled pushy knowitall docs.
I played golf with he and his buddies once and swore never again. Well, at the wine tasting, he said that they are taking a once a month golf trip and I needed to go with them…
I have never been so happy to be covering a UT Arlington baseball game Friday and Dallas Jackals rugby game Saturday. Whew, the next trip is Memorial Day weekend and my wife saved me with “family coming in town”

As he is droning on and on, I realized that outside of my partners, I really don’t hang out with other doctors. It hit me hard why I don’t…
😳

Surgeons definitely have a different mindset. Who the hell wants to have someone’s life in their hands. You slip up and your patient could be dead.

Driven across Kansas once too. Dreadful.
I think what we might want to say is that there were a couple of interesting historical silos and I don't think anyone can really understand "the great plains" without seeing one. Don't feel like I need to do it again 😂.

For someone who has never done it, it does give a different feel to how big the country is.

Reactions: engineerVOL
The only thing to occupy your time driving across Kansas is to spot out a water tower. Guess, or if there's other people in the car, bet, how far away you think it is and hit the odometer. Then see how long it is until the car pulls even with the tower.

I know that I can see 12.1 miles across that state and my buddy claims to have once seen 18 miles.
Drove across a large part of Iowa once and it was nothing but tall corn stalks on both sides of the road for what seemed like an eternity. My son was competing in Taekwondo Nationals in Cedar Rapids. The only unique part of that town is right near the civic center where the events were taking place is the General Mills or Kelloggs( whichever it is, can't remember) plant which makes Captain Crunch cereal. From around sundown til early morning, the whole town smelled just like it too.

And how is Drew doing ?
Drew has an MRI next Friday. His blood count has been a little low, but they believe they can adjust some medication first before worrying about anything. He’s finally put on a few pounds and seems to feel fine. He has gone back to a full schedule of school work so that has to be good. I count all of that as a win. Thx for asking, Gig.

Drew has an MRI next Friday. His blood count has been a little low, but they believe they can adjust some medication first before worrying about anything. He’s finally put on a few pounds and seems to feel fine. He has gone back to a full schedule of school work so that has to be good. I count all of that as a win. Thx for asking, Gig.
Continuing to Pray. Praise God for every small victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back