The fact that Arch Manning is not even visiting UT...

UT is not even a school that Arch Manning is considering...He is not even visiting UT. I think this shows where we are as a program.
Manning doesn't fit our style of offense anyways...Besides I am going to trust CJH to get us HIS style of QB and not the popular flavor of the month.

I think the last 15 years has shown where UT is as a program. We can deny it all we want. UT just isn't in the elite class of teams right now. I've thought for a long time it would take a splash hire to get back in the mix. Heupel may turn out to be pretty good but he isn't what i'd describe as a splash hire. UT has been down so long they needed a name IMO. It will be a slow build back up or another search in 5 years, it's how we roll.

Reactions: 08Vol
Question, what connection does he really have to Tennessee? His uncle played there? If the Manning family have a true connection, it is to Ole Miss. I would be surprised if he goes anywhere but Ole Miss.

I'm also surprised LSU has not been mentioned more often. The have lived in the New Orleans area forever with grandpa a Saints hero.

I'm also surprised LSU has not been mentioned more often. The have lived in the New Orleans area forever with grandpa a Saints hero.
I think any "Arch to LSU" sailed when Coach O was there and that ship completely sank when Coach Brian Kelly was hired.

As for dry humping old men, Google "Coach Brian Kelly dancing"

Reactions: feathersax
I was thinking that maybe Arch is a done deal, a secret commit to the good guys.

giphy.gif

People need to realize Peyton was the one who strayed away in the Manning family. Archie will go to Ole Miss, just like his father would have, his uncle did, and his grandfather did. The only way that’s not the case is if Kirby drops some serious cash on him, which we know he’ll try to do.
Coming from the Manning line not sure money is a primary motivation. At least not at this stage if his career. Recall Peyton sticking around in spite for his senior year.

Question, what connection does he really have to Tennessee? His uncle played there? If the Manning family have a true connection, it is to Ole Miss. I would be surprised if he goes anywhere but Ole Miss.
Take out that last sentence and you're spot on.

The Mannings don't trust Kiffin.

Manning doesn't fit our style of offense anyways...Besides I am going to trust CJH to get us HIS style of QB and not the popular flavor of the month.
Curious about this comment. He has great accuracy, enough arm to stretch the field vertically, and moves in the pocket well. Is the not s fit thing about him not being a 4.5 40 guy? He seems mobile to me the way Trevor Lawrence was, which is you respect his throwing so much and he’s fast enough to run 80 yards against Ohio state in the playoffs.

If your son was a highly regarded QB prospect with his choice of schools to go to and play for, could you in good conscience push for him to go to Tennessee at this point in time? As much as I love UT football that would be very hard for me to do

When all is said and done...............Arch will be a Rebel. Book it!;)

I was shocked when Peyton announced he was coming to Tennessee. He is the black sheep of the family lol, all the other Mannings went to Ole Miss. Only reason Peyton came to Tennessee was because Ole Miss was on probation and Coach Cutcliffe.

If your son was a highly regarded QB prospect with his choice of schools to go to and play for, could you in good conscience push for him to go to Tennessee at this point in time? As much as I love UT football that would be very hard for me to do
Disagree. There are tons of reasons to play football at Tennessee, 100k plus stadium, on tv every week, long tradition of winning and your kid could be the one that starts the winning tradition back up etc etc.

Curious about this comment. He has great accuracy, enough arm to stretch the field vertically, and moves in the pocket well. Is the not s fit thing about him not being a 4.5 40 guy? He seems mobile to me the way Trevor Lawrence was, which is you respect his throwing so much and he’s fast enough to run 80 yards against Ohio state in the playoffs.
He's not a runner at all...He can scramble if he has to but thats about it...CJH's offense is built for more of a duel threat QB as it makes them harder to figure out on offense....Manning will light it up wherever he goes.

I wouldn't push my son to go to UT but he would know it would make me more than happy to see him in Orange and White...I would let him make his own choice...It's his future he is building and he would need to do what he feels is right for him and whatever he went I would fully support him.

Reactions: DWright39
UT is not even a school that Arch Manning is considering...He is not even visiting UT. I think this shows where we are as a program.
Seriously, You are going to let a HS Kid evaluate a program he has never seen the day to day operations or visited.....
I think you opinion and evaluation of him is pretty pathetic....
So what does it really Show? Nothing besides the fact he will not attend school here.
He will go where Cut ends up more than Likely Texas if they get Cut....Manning Family have full faith in Cut's ability and trust him.... Pro QBs and Peyton Manning's Rehab.

VN Store

Back