Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both coaches are very similar in how they approach the game. They both are very good at coaching defense. Both are pathetic at coaching offense. They're offensive philosophy is similar to backyard football, get open. I like Kelly but if she doesn't hire someone to put in some kind of offense, then she'll be just like Holly. Even though she stressed defense the great Pat Summit was constantly evolving her offense. The Lady Vols have no offense.

What they "run" on offense is not nearly as problematic as the lack of offensive skills they have. That is what much improve through recruiting and development. Her offense was good at her previous stop. Did she run a different system? No tried to run something to fit the strengths of her players. Right now we are bad at the guard spot. Horston who by far has the best skillset has the lowest basketball IQ and terrible decision-making. Outside of that the only shooter we had all season was Darby who is a liability at everything else she does on the court. Burrell being back has helped but she was really bad last night. But she does not help with our ballhandling which is a big weakness for our guards outside of Horston. Teams can pressure the heck out of us because we do not handle it well. Then they can help off our other guards because they can shoot so there are no real gaps to penetrate if we do beat that initial pressure. Holly literally had no clue what to do on offense or really any other aspect of coaching. Harper does a lot of good things as a head coach. She will recruit and develop some good guards and we can become elite or she won't and we will be still be good because of how good she is with the other parts of her job. We will find out eventually.

I can imagine, and I agree that I would say the same thing if I ever get to go there, but I have not seen it.

I have secured tickets for the Thursday opening round of the Master's. Never been there but always wanted to go and just walk that course. I have gotten to play gold course around the world like in Perth Australia where they play the Heineken Open where Fred Couples and Ian Woosman won. Several course in Northern Ireland and South Africa and even in Zimbabwe but I have never gotten to even walk on the grounds of the Master's. I am wearing depends incase I pee on myself. :) HAHA!

I have secured tickets for the Thursday opening round of the Master's. Never been there but always wanted to go and just walk that course. I have gotten to play gold course around the world like in Perth Australia where they play the Heineken Open where Fred Couples and Ian Woosman won. Several course in Northern Ireland and South Africa and even in Zimbabwe but I have never gotten to even walk on the grounds of the Master's. I am wearing depends incase I pee on myself. :) HAHA!
Soak it all in....Well worth it!

You will never forget this experience! I remember seeing the grass for the first time and thinking "is this real?".

Man, you are one blessed man. Happy for you and please tell us all about it.

Wouldn't matter if any of their players hit the portal. They wouldn't be able to play next year if they transferred within the SEC. The deadline to enter the portal was February 1st. It's an SEC rule. When Spring rolls around, we'll be limited to SEC players that were in the portal by that time or players outside the conference.
You've brought up some good points. I wonder if the powers that be in Auburn had 2/1 as a date of action for this reason.

The black Sox was paid for gambling reasons….. if this is true….. they are trying to throw games to make their team better…. My sixers did that except they just made their team so horrible that they had no chance of winning.
There is a ton of money wagered on NFL games. If you incentivize your coach to tank it, very slippery slope IMO.

I have a friend who got to play Augusta National with his son. They stayed on the grounds and played the par three on Friday before their round on Saturday.

Long story short: he steps up to Number 12 and his son decided to video his shot. He hit a hole-in-one.

Augusta did not allow him to tell who he was playing with nor can he publicize (public interviews) his remarkable event.

I've got the contact information for a broker in Augusta if you want to attend more than one round, but the passes are not cheap. He rents a house down the street from the main gate. You must pay by credit card and return the pass to him at the end of the day, or he'll charge your card for the next day. It's a very lucrative business for him. It almost looks like a whore house with all the guys coming and going throughout the day :):)

One word of advice---this is not a normal golf tournament and they have zero tolerance for disruptive patrons. They'll remove you from the property in a heartbeat for acting stupid. I've seen it happen. Hope you have a great time at the tournament. It's not an easy course to walk because it has lots of elevation changes. Concessions and souvenirs are very reasonably priced.

Unless they've relaxed the rule recently, Cell phones are a no no

I have a friend who got to play Augusta National with his son. They stayed on the grounds and played the par three on Friday before their round on Saturday.

Long story short: he steps up to Number 12 and his son decided to video his shot. He hit a hole-in-one.

Augusta did not allow him to tell who he was playing with nor can he publicize (public interviews) his remarkable event.
That's awsome.......

We have a member here that played his first EVER round of golf at Augusta. Said he holed out on #13 from 100 yards for a birdie 4. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back