Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Well, in the end we with our poor shooting and strong defense are 9 and 1. We beat three ranked teams, and except for the second quarter, we hung in with the number 2 ranked team, out scoring them in the second half. Our shooting percentage stinks but we can hang in with the best, that isn’t half bad. Added to all of this, we have a group of players who refuse to lay down and be steamed rolled, it makes me proud to be a fan of the Lady Vols. Go Lady Vols!!!!!!!!

And neither do you. This may surprise you but there are a lot of fans who feel as I do about trolls who spew hate and discontent.

giphy.gif

So Holly, was always a top one to three recruiter, Dean taught Glory to stay in a game, and Mercedes. Kellie's staff can't keep Key in game. Kellie can't recruit point guards, or coach one up, that can bring the ball up court. I'm sorry but no, they suck, Miles has promise, but Horston, a Holly recruit, is only one who can. She's a point guard Hall of famer, and she has nobody but, what Holly left her who can actually bring the ball up, Horston. I love Kelly.Kelly, I think she's a good coach. I think she needs to fire herw entire staff!
One they can't recruit! We are Auburn after what Holly left us, and the second they just can't coach.
But, what the hell was this game tonight? Frankly, no Holly team looked this bad, at this point, ever, granted she was arguably one of the top two best recruiters in the country, but seriously what the heck was what we saw on the court today? I don't think we even deserve to host sweet 16 games! I don't think we're going to win our first game in the SSC tournament with what I saw tonight. Ray Burrell is a great player, but she need to be rained in as I've always said, she plays a different tempo from the rest of the team, and that's not on Holly, she brought in a great talent ( including Horston to Key to Burrell, Hayes, Green, and Westbrook). Not on Ray, she's brilliant. And we cannot ask Jordan Horton, to bring the ball up everytime, and do something. And what has Kelly recruited... A bunch of guards, she hasn't coached up, and she was an all American Guard, that can't bring the ball up yet... This is a guard that used to face against Latte from North Carolina, but she can't teach a guard to bring the ball up court? I don't know where we're going with this team, we could be going up... we could go down. This is the lowest point in her coaching career, she appears list, her staff inadequate. I point this out, because, this team is way better than what doing, then their going to be ranked. I doubt we win two games in the SEC tournament. If we beat UConn, and , seriously, there's no reason we shouldn't, unless Kelly can't out coach, Gino who's lost it and a team that just didn't know how to play together, kind of like what we've got right now, bad and we got better disenfranchised don't know how to play together aren't coached well. Together aren't coached well. Missing something? Just combobulated talent, that holly left us mind you, and Uconn sucks, we might stay in the top 16.. We don't deserve to be, we really don't. We were such an inferior team on the court as tonight. Holly, regularly beat Miss St and SC at this time of season. we get what we wish for...this team is lost, Key is lost Rae is half way gone, and after Jordan...Holly level talent is a dteam

So Holly, was always a top one to three recruiter, Dean taught Glory to stay in a game, and Mercedes. Kellie's staff can't keep Key in game. Kellie can't recruit point guards, or coach one up, that can bring the ball up court. I'm sorry but no, they suck, Miles has promise, but Horston, a Holly recruit, is only one who can. She's a point guard Hall of famer, and she has nobody but, what Holly left her who can actually bring the ball up, Horston. I love Kelly.Kelly, I think she's a good coach. I think she needs to fire herw entire staff!
One they can't recruit! We are Auburn after what Holly left us, and the second they just can't coach.
But, what the hell was this game tonight? Frankly, no Holly team looked this bad, at this point, ever, granted she was arguably one of the top two best recruiters in the country, but seriously what the heck was what we saw on the court today? I don't think we even deserve to host sweet 16 games! I don't think we're going to win our first game in the SSC tournament with what I saw tonight. Ray Burrell is a great player, but she need to be rained in as I've always said, she plays a different tempo from the rest of the team, and that's not on Holly, she brought in a great talent ( including Horston to Key to Burrell, Hayes, Green, and Westbrook). Not on Ray, she's brilliant. And we cannot ask Jordan Horton, to bring the ball up everytime, and do something. And what has Kelly recruited... A bunch of guards, she hasn't coached up, and she was an all American Guard, that can't bring the ball up yet... This is a guard that used to face against Latte from North Carolina, but she can't teach a guard to bring the ball up court? I don't know where we're going with this team, we could be going up... we could go down. This is the lowest point in her coaching career, she appears list, her staff inadequate. I point this out, because, this team is way better than what doing, then their going to be ranked. I doubt we win two games in the SEC tournament. If we beat UConn, and , seriously, there's no reason we shouldn't, unless Kelly can't out coach, Gino who's lost it and a team that just didn't know how to play together, kind of like what we've got right now, bad and we got better disenfranchised don't know how to play together aren't coached well. Together aren't coached well. Missing something? Just combobulated talent, that holly left us mind you, and Uconn sucks, we might stay in the top 16.. We don't deserve to be, we really don't. We were such an inferior team on the court as tonight. Holly, regularly beat Miss St and SC at this time of season. we get what we wish for...this team is lost, Key is lost Rae is half way gone, and after Jordan...Holly level talent is a dteam
You get an F for composition.
Unreadable.

One of these days we will have a ladies team who can actually throw the ball to each other. Learn how to dribble a basketball without losing it. If Pat could see this team, and the way it turns the ball over.....................wow, what a face she would show !!!!!!!

Reactions: Chitownvol1129
One of these days we will have a ladies team who can actually throw the ball to each other. Learn how to dribble a basketball without losing it. If Pat could see this team, and the way it turns the ball over.....................wow, what a face she would show !!!!!!!

Most high school teams could execute the fundamentals better than this team. Sad that these same things have plagued us for years.

And what has Kelly recruited... A bunch of guards, she hasn't coached up, and she was an all American Guard, that can't bring the ball up yet... This is a guard that used to face against Latte from North Carolina, but she can't teach a guard to bring the ball up court?

Kelli and Ivory Latta never played against one another. Kelli graduated from Tennessee in 1999. Ivory enrolled at UNC in 2003.

At 18-3 who do we put in front of us in the top 16? Asking for 341 Division 1 head women's basketball coaches who wish they had an 18-3 record and half of the ones that have a better record don't play in a Power 5 conference nor any top 25 teams? If Holly could have coached her way out of a wet paper bag, the Lady vols would have 2 possibly 3 additional national championships. She never had less than 6 high school All Americans on her teams and the last 8-8 SEC record and the late-season loss to last-place Vanderbilt her last season showed us all we need to see about her coaching ability. So no Holly wasn't beating top teams consistently in the middle of the seasons, at least not the last 3 years she was here and could not coach elite talent. She had a 12 loss season in 2016-17, 8 loss season in 2017-2018, and a 13 loss season in 2018-2019. That is an average of 11 losses a year. Tell me how those seasons compare to an 18-3 record? You either don't know Lady Vol's history, you don't follow the team, or you're really bad at math.

They are turning it over at the same rate Pat's 2007-2008 national championship team turned it over. 17.5 turnovers per game that team averaged and somehow managed to win a national championship even with the look on Pat's Face:)

This was as bad or worse than any coaching job Holly had during her tenure... and she was terrible. WORSE LOSS EVER to an unranked team and UF's largest margin of victory EVER against a top 10 team. And some of you so called Vols just laugh it off and throw out not so cute insults. This game was a disgrace and they should all be ashamed. Not that they lost... but moreso that they acted like they didnt give a rats ass!!! For God's sake... have some PRIDE ladies. A d that includes the HEAD COACH.

This was as bad or worse than any coaching job Holly had during her tenure... and she was terrible. WORSE LOSS EVER to an unranked team and UF's largest margin of victory EVER against a top 10 team. And some of you so called Vols just laugh it off and throw out not so cute insults. This game was a disgrace and they should all be ashamed. Not that they lost... but moreso that they acted like they didnt give a rats ass!!! For God's sake... have some PRIDE ladies. A d that includes the HEAD COACH.
I need them to do better. The sweet tears of failure only burn their deepest when the taste of victory is but within ones grasp.​
@jeff1vol
Am I doing it right?

Reactions: Lucy and DonDiego
I whole heartly disagree. The Loss to Vanderbilt in Thompson Boiling Arena to last place Vanderbilt in 2018-2019 was much worse of a loss and Florida is actually receiving top 25 votes and has already knocked off 4 other ranked teams.

I totally agree with you. The careless turnovers have to stop. They have to play as a team instead of individuals every time we get behind. I did not like her press conference tonight with comments that she made such as if we played them again tomorrow I not sure we would win or how they would play, well that sends quiet a message. I think she has to be more strict with the girls and have them pay the price in practice for those unforced turnovers and lazy passes. I hope she enjoys those two timeouts left on the board instead of trying to stop the run in the third quarter. If the turnovers don't stop and if we don't start hitting freethrows then our post season will be short.

What disturbs me is they way these players are treated...they are coddled, everything is presented from an 'it's ok, you'll do better next time' perspective. Maybe it's just the way things are now in this day and age. Even when Holly's teams were under performing, they had their locker room privileges taken away for a week or two until they were able to get their heads out of their azzes, and I HATED the Holly hire from the beginning. Time for Kellie to put on her big girl's pants and motivate these young ladies to work harder and constantly strive to be better without the 'butterflies and rainbows' approach. Kick their butts by making them run, sit their butts on the bench when the make stupid turnovers in the game, and set a culture where less than 100% effort is not tolerated.

Every time there's a turnover in practice, that person needs to take a couple of laps. Set the tone early that this is a historic program and an honor to wear the jersey. If you can't take some tough coaching, then you need to find somewhere else to play!

The Lady Vols will be one and done in the SEC and the NCAA tournaments. Getting beat on the road is one thing...but being blown out by 25 and the worst lost ever to an unranked team in the AP poll era (1976). Florida is a good team and should be ranked but they shouldn't beat the LV by 25...EVER! Wynn looked as though she didn't know what a free throw was. Burrell looks like a freshman right now. Key needs to learn to play thru some fouls. The opposing team knows to get her to commit 1 foul in the 1st quarter and she's off to the bench. Saunders is useless. KH get it together!

VN Store

Back