Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this in one of the threads last night - getting quality 3* players - who had legit offers from other schools - to walk on as PWOs is a masterful way to speed up our depth building process, especially as we wait to let the supposed scholarship reduction period end.

It almost seems like there’s a well-thought out plan being followed … 🤔
Was thinking about this while taking the kids to school. My son asked what a pwo was, and said we got like 4 yesterday.
Clicked that this is how the staff is rebuilding the roster while keeping the scholly reduction. And it’s not like these pwo’s are slouches.
Chess not checkers.

With no actual knowledge of Baron's deal, I'd bet it's $300K over 3 years. It's probably not as crazy as many think.

As the poster above me alluded to, players have the leverage. With the one-time-transfer rule, do players shop around every year? I'm sure some will. The transfer portal and the NIL combined is not a good thing.

With no actual knowledge of Baron's deal, I'd bet it's $300K over 3 years. It's probably not as crazy as many think.

As the poster above me alluded to, players have the leverage. With the one-time-transfer rule, do players shop around every year? I'm sure some will. The transfer portal and the NIL combined is not a good thing.
They will fix the portal and rules around that soon.

1) It's screwing big money people that aren't used to being screwed.
2) It's a massive nightmare for administrative folks.
3) It is an indirect way to fix NIL deals buying players.

In all seriousness, can you put this in laymen’s terms? It seems as if you are suggesting a certain type of Vit B can help prevent or reduce the risk of cognitive decline

Get "The End of Alzheimer's" by Dr. Dale Bredesen. He describes it far better than I can. Dr. Bredesen has put together a very comprehensive approach to treating cognitive decline, and regulating homocysteine is just one part of it. His success is anecdotal (means @VolsDoc81TX doesn't believe it....yet), but there is a body of independent research supporting many aspects of his work, including homocysteine.

From the first study I found using the Google machine:
A total of 168 participants (85 in active treatment group; 83 receiving placebo) completed the MRI section of the trial. The mean rate of brain atrophy per year was 0.76% [95% CI, 0.63–0.90] in the active treatment group and 1.08% [0.94–1.22] in the placebo group (P = 0.001). The treatment response was related to baseline homocysteine levels: the rate of atrophy in participants with homocysteine >13 µmol/L was 53% lower in the active treatment group (P = 0.001). A greater rate of atrophy was associated with a lower final cognitive test scores. There was no difference in serious adverse events according to treatment category.

"it is time to focus my time and energy on other things that require my attention" is what you send the group text when you can't make it out for drinks with the boys or have to back out of golf lol
Are his words true? That should be enough.

What things he chooses to do next, if public, will be revealed as he does them.
Personal thanks should be expressed personally, not in an impersonal mass communication.
As for the rest, he's got 5 years to work on his HOF speech.

Reactions: StanfordVol
Are his words true? That should be enough.

What things he chooses to do next, if public, will be revealed as he does them.
Personal thanks should be expressed personally, not in an impersonal mass communication.
As for the rest, he's got 5 years to work on his HOF speech.
Hey, Toastmaster, it was a joke.

Hey @Weezer look at all these guys that Tom Brady helped out

What a guy!

Bull ****. Tom Brady can thank them for his rings. Teams win championships, not individual players.

Whoever wrote that obviously has a room in his house dedicated to Tom Brady, and he ekes out to TB posters.

We can all rest easy now, TB has officially retired...

tenor.gif

Yup, the ENT that I saw recommended a supplement (expensive) but when I looked at it, the doses of B-12, B-6, and B-9 (folate) were so low that it wasn’t going to make a difference. I started using what I recommend for my patients and started noticing a difference within two months. (He now recommends my regimen to his other patients)

Any damaged nerve can undergo repair if given the building blocks. The auditory nerve like any other nerve can be hypersensitive to recurrent injury…so protection is key. My tinnitus had completely resolved until I went hunting and forgot my noise canceling headphones. Being my dumbarse self, I shot anyway and irritated my auditory nerve with recurrent tinnitus, It’s settling down again…but I feel pretty stupid.
I've done that several times. I have filtered earplugs now, but it never fails that when you take the earplugs out, a duck suicide bombs the spread.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I mean, when you talk worst QBs to win a Super Bowl, you're talking about Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Tom Brady. It's a conversation we all have routinely.

Brady is garbage.

Brees, Peyton, etc. would have the same amount of rings if they played on those Patriots teams
I made that argument for a long time... but he also has a ring with the Bucs, let's not pretend like he owes all his success to Belichick anymore because we can't. For the record I'm the a HUGE Peyton fan just like the rest of Vol Nation

Reactions: BearCat204
Overrated? Yea. Garbage? C'mon lol.
Dude is gonna finish second in MVP voting in his final year at ****ing 44. I think overrated is pushing it also lol.

Most TDs in league history. Most yards in league history. Played with "all time greats" like Julian Edelman and Wes Welker most of his career. The best to ever do it. People here are gonna be salty peanuts about it, but there's no rational argument against it.

I made that argument for a long time... but he also has a ring with the Bucs, let's not pretend like he owes all his success to Belichick anymore because we can't. For the record I'm the a HUGE Peyton fan just like the rest of Vol Nation

Bucs last year were arguably the most stacked team he's been apart of. Two potential HOF level WR's, GOAT at TE, 2 all pro LB's and Suh.

Reactions: VolNash17
Bucs last year were arguably the most stacked team he's been apart of. Two potential HOF level WR's, GOAT at TE, 2 all pro LB's and Suh.
Who your QB is and how he executes matters though... the Rams have been proving it for the last few years up to now, and really the Titans proved it this year

Dude is gonna finish second in MVP voting in his final year at ****ing 44. I think overrated is pushing it also lol.

The best to ever do it. People here are gonna be salty peanuts about it, but there's no rational argument against it.

If longevity/ rings is all we accounted for when arguing goat status then players like Duncan, Kareem, Russell should have more of an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back