Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get the people outraged regard the NIL money. “It was fun while it lasted?” Everything is ruined?

Are we really going to act like these kids haven’t been getting paid for years?

But now that it’s legal - it’s gonna ruin everything?

Uh… okay
There's a reason people don't want to see how the hot dogs are made.... It's bad for business.

I’m a huge baseball…. That is mine and my son’s first love but baseball is no where near as good as in 1998…..The homerun chase happened while fun baseball was being played around it….. now it is all about launch angles…. Extreme shifts…. Power pitchers…. They want a homerun, walk, strikeout….. 2 stats to illustrate what I am talking about…. In 1998…. The average batting average was 20 points plus higher than today….There were also over 1,000 more SBs….. everyone plays the same style and it’s not very fun to watch, imo.
Stupid analytics ruin everything...they make everything they touch suck.

Truth is, I think all the juicers with the stats to earn it should be in the HoF. So should Shoeless Joe, Pete Rose, and Curt Schilling. If you got it done on the field, you should be in the HoF. Because the HoF is all about baseball, and what a player did in the game for the game. If they feel they must, put a blurb on their plaque about why they're controversial, but they were all part of the game and should be recognized. If character is a requirement, then a lot of players already inducted need to be kicked out.

JMO.

Went and got my registration/license plate renewal yesterday afternoon and learned something. My wife told me before I got to the clerk's offc to be sure and request a plate that had "In God We Trust" on it or otherwise they would just hand you a generic one. I put that to the test when I paid my fee. I didn't say anything at first and, sure enough, the lady was handing me a generic one. I then spoke up and asked for the one with In God We Trust on it. The lady gladly handed me one. They keep the boxes side by side. Just a damn shame we have to REQUEST it in the first place!

Went and got my registration/license plate renewal yesterday afternoon and learned something. My wife told me before I got to the clerk's offc to be sure and request a plate that had "In God We Trust" on it or otherwise they would just hand you a generic one. I put that to the test when I paid my fee. I didn't say anything at first and, sure enough, the lady was handing me a generic one. I then spoke up and asked for the one with In God We Trust on it. The lady gladly handed me one. They keep the boxes side by side. Just a damn shame we have to REQUEST it in the first place!
In Cumberland County they recently asked me first, of course I said I'll take God please

Truth is, I think all the juicers with the stats to earn it should be in the HoF. So should Shoeless Joe, Pete Rose, and Curt Schilling. If you got it done on the field, you should be in the HoF. Because the HoF is all about baseball, and what a player did in the game for the game. If they feel they must, put a blurb on their plaque about why they're controversial, but they were all part of the game and should be recognized. If character is a requirement, then a lot of players already inducted need to be kicked out.

JMO.
Bonds would have made HoF without steroids. He was a generational talent like Griffey.

JMO.

They are screwing me over on Pete Rose. I have a bat signed by him :(

Reactions: VOLSONLY

JMO.

I’m sure politics and generally acting like an a** has not helped Schilling, but he’s got a marginal hall of fame resume with a few iconic moments. Just over 200 wins in an era when guys won 300, pretty average for the first 10 years of his career, hit a new gear after 30 (when he should have been declining) at the height of the steroid era while playing for teams confirmed to be some of the most rampant roiders.

JMO, the hall should be reserved for the great, not the pretty good.

Reactions: hooter vol

JMO.
Fine, if they want to keep the juicers and gamblers out, go ahead...personally, I think it's bullsh!t, and they all should go in (Jackson, Rose, Bonds, McGwire, Clemens...); but, at least i can understand the argument against them to an extent. However, Schilling is the biggest absurdity of them all. One of the greatest pitchers of all time, he MAY BE the greatest post season pitcher of all time, and you leave him out because he disagrees with you?!?!? Clowns, the whole lot of em.

Tottenham.

glad there’s fellow EPL fans on here but you’d rather catch the Manchester derby than say maybe the north west derby…?!?! You rather new to the EPL? Granted the Manchester derby is big but it’s not Liverpool v ManU(re). And City is the best team with zero history that was ever bought.
I’m in charlotte and grabbed season tickets to Charlotte FC. Y’all wanna grab a match here let me know. Up the Reds!

Up The Reds!!

I don’t get the people outraged regard the NIL money. “It was fun while it lasted?” Everything is ruined?

Are we really going to act like these kids haven’t been getting paid for years?

But now that it’s legal - it’s gonna ruin everything?

Uh… okay
You realize that the scale of what these guys made prior to NIL is on a different planet compared to NIL? It's in a different universe.

I took the generic one and was happy to have the choice. The choice is what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back