Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Big 12 looking wide open👀

Everyone smells blood now that Kim is gone. It’s been out of their reach for so long. They all want a piece of that trophy.

As I mentioned above, I’m still favoring Iowa State. As long as they have Ashley Joens they are hard to beat. She puts a ton of pressure on a defense and she plays with a competitiveness that is difficult to match. Does seem like she has an interesting family situation. I do wonder if Bill will grow tired of that situation. I think there are a couple more younger sisters expected to play there.

I did hear on the broadcast that this 16-1 start was the best for Iowa State in his 30+ career. Sometimes we forget to put things in context, what Kellie has done so far this season is nothing short of amazing. Very difficult to win that many games at this high a level.

I expected treasure Hunt to be better.
She isn't being played in a position that leads to her being successful, she often played the 2/3 in high school and rarely used as a stretch 4, Elzy has her playing a 4/5 with more of her time spent at the 5 than the 4. Her added weight hasn't helped either. I was totally surprised when she chose Kentucky and felt this would've been the outcome.

Any procedure this late in the season makes it rather doubtful she’ll return. May have just been a scope to assess things though which wouldn’t have a very long period off.

If she’s out the remainder I don’t see them being very competitive in the NCAA tournament. I think they can be competitive in the Big 10 but without her scoring they will not be able to beat Top 10 competition.

VN Store

Back