Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

They did a lot in Muffet’s last season as well… they’ve come far from that season and look to be well on their way back to being more than respectable.

Yep, I remember them screwing the pooch a bunch that season for sure

I do agree the look much better this season. This is only the second time I can think of they have done that this year. It was a very bad issue for them last season.

Reactions: dapeak
Yep, I remember them screwing the pooch a bunch that season for sure

I do agree the look much better this season. This is only the second time I can think of they have done that this year. It was a very bad issue for them last season.

Yeah I agree she has them trending well though and her best players are underclassmen

I still feel the same way about Louisville they just aren’t a “great” team but they’re really good. I wonder if we win do the voters have gumption to vote us ahead of Louisville?

Louisville didn’t hold NC State their shot just wasn’t falling and they didn’t let their defense lead them

Diamond Johnson’s game is similar to Pondexter imo

They ended up losing by 3, but they show no quit. They nearly stole this one away. Getting outrebounded by 20+ was the difference.

Yea, sorry got interested in NC St.

Louisville doesn't have an easy schedule left either ... It's going to be interesting when it comes to 1 and 2 seeds this year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
With Louisvilles loss to NC state I see the pollsters disrespecting us again regardless the result against Georgia. We win we stay #5 we lose we drop to 25! Their going to make some crazy case how Louisville’s loss was to #4 so it’s a good loss bull crap. I think we can take both of
Those teams I watched on ESPN tonight at full strength . Let’s go LV!

Louisville outscored in 4th quarter. 1 minute to go. Wish the Lady Vols could play in this atmosphere at home. The place is rocking! 31-9 in the fourth?!

They played in front of 5,500 fans against the #3 team... we had 10k against Kentucky last sunday and it snowed 😃

I am looking forward to the LSU game at home i think if we are still playing at a high level we will have close to 12k if not more

I don't know if KY is punished by dropping out of the top 25 losing to both TN and SC on their home courts. They also had three games PPD so a 11-5 record looks a lot better than 8-5 also 4-2 looks better than 1-2 in the SEC considering the teams they would have played.😃
I was off one week.

They played in front of 5,500 fans against the #3 team... we had 10k against Kentucky last sunday and it snowed 😃

I am looking forward to the LSU game at home i think if we are still playing at a high level we will have close to 12k if not more

Having more people does not necessarily make it a better atmosphere. Tonight watching NC State I thought it was really loud. I never thought that about the Tennesse crowd although it had twice the number of people as NC State. I will acknowledge the smaller gym does impact the sound.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Having more people does not necessarily make it a better atmosphere. Tonight watching NC State I thought it was really loud. I never thought that about the Tennesse crowd although it had twice the number of people as NC State. I will acknowledge the smaller gym does impact the sound.

I think TN having a lead the majority of the game played into UK loudness i believe it ended up being a routine win but the Texas game the crowd LOUD it seemed like 20k vs the 10k that were there.

Not knocking the NC St crowd because they were awesome but coming back from down 14 in the 4th adds to the overall excitement of the game and the atmosphere.

The small gym makes a huge difference. Also, they had a good student turnout, which only seems to happen in women games when it is a top 10 match up.
The students made a lot of noise throughout the game. None of the NC school typically draw well for women's basketball, but good to see there was an exception tonight.

VN Store

Back