What?? Refs relieved of duty for poor performance?? Hello SEC office???

VolInNW

Trapped in PAC 12 Country
So, it’s possible.**

Boger crew likely won't ref again in postseason

** Yes, to the posters out there who will feel compelled to point out the differences between the NCAA and NFL, and then claim no one understands what they read, no one else can comprehend....blah.....blah.....blah..... we all understand this is not apples to apples; however, it still shows that if a league is truly concerned about quality of officiating, there are precedents.

So, it’s possible.**

** Yes, to the posters out there who will feel compelled to point out the differences between the NCAA and NFL, and then claim no one understands what they read, no one else can comprehend....blah.....blah.....blah..... we all understand this is not apples to apples; however, it still shows that if a league is truly concerned about quality of officiating, there are precedents.

If "A" league? I would not be holding my breath for this decision to change anything in college football. The NCAA and the NFL have their own process for rules changes. And the guys who do that for one have nothing to do with the other.

What is a catch in the NFL has been different from college for years. The targeting rule is not going to be accepted in the NFL...ever.

Now if the lower college divisions set such a precedence? That would come a whole lot closer to getting the D1 conference commisioners, and the NCAA to take note. Would it be a good idea? Absolutely. But to assume this decision is going to raise the eyebrows of the D1 conferences or the NCAA? Longest odds you can imagine.

If "A" league? I would not be holding my breath for this decision to change anything in college football. The NCAA and the NFL have their own process for rules changes. And the guys who do that for one have nothing to do with the other.

What is a catch in the NFL has been different from college for years. The targeting rule is not going to be accepted in the NFL...ever.

Now if the lower college divisions set such a precedence? That would come a whole lot closer to getting the D1 conference commisioners, and the NCAA to take note. Would it be a good idea? Absolutely. But to assume this decision is going to raise the eyebrows of the D1 conferences or the NCAA? Longest odds you can imagine.

** this reply proves the need for the asterisk comment in my original post.

** this reply proves the need for the asterisk comment in my original post.

I caught the asteriisk. But you obviouly did not get the point. What happens in college and what happens in the pros almost never has an effect upon the other. Especially as to decision making upon rules and how officials are dealt with. And your optimism as to this leading to a precedent in college is laughable. It won't change anything. Dream on.

Reactions: kptvol1452
I caught the asteriisk. But you obviouly did not get the point. What happens in college and what happens in the pros almost never has an effect upon the other. Especially as to decision making upon rules and how officials are dealt with. And your optimism as to this leading to a precedent in college is laughable. It won't change anything. Dream on.

Lmao. Your post, explaining the obvious, is EXACTLY what the asterisk aside was aimed to address. Yes, the NCAA and NFL are different. I said that. Congrats for very smugly pointing that out.

ROTFLMAO.

Lmao. Your post, explaining the obvious, is EXACTLY what the asterisk aside was aimed to address. Yes, the NCAA and NFL are different. I said that. Congrats for very smugly pointing that out.

ROTFLMAO.

But you are actually thinking it will lead to change? That is laughable. And ignorant.

But you are actually thinking it will lead to change? That is laughable. And ignorant.

NCAA has adopted rules from Pro just look at the 3 pointers that started in ABA and filtered down to a trial in Southern Conference and finally adopted by NCAA in 1986, just 1 example.

ROTFLMAO.
You two posters must have a low boiling point. Either that or you take exception to anyone who does not parrot what you post

Reactions: VolInNW and utchs81
I feel compelled to ask this question, Why You gotta be such an Azz? :cool:

So, it’s possible.**

Not to mention they are league officials, not conference. Different conferences call holding, pass interference, and personal fouls with different interpretations. It needs to be uniform, while not to beat the "dead horse", ACC officials use much different glasses than most other conferences. Alabama got a few targeting calls, but probably should have received 3X as many. TN didn't receive any I can recall but sure had PI's racked up to make up for it.

Sankey cannot pay any attention to that suspending of ref's,cause ,if he did,there would be zero referees for the SEC in 2022.

They weren't relieved of anything. Just unable to work the Super Bowl which would have been highly unlikely anyway since they don't usually pull refs from Wild Card games. This is the NFL saving face without actually doing anything.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
You two posters must have a low boiling point. Either that or you take exception to anyone who does not parrot what you post

Actually, not mad in the slightest. Just amused that 2-3 posters here have literally posted the differences between the NFL and NCAA that I stated were present in my original post. Some folks just have a need to be contrarian to any post, even one as open ended as this one.

Not to mention they are league officials, not conference. Different conferences call holding, pass interference, and personal fouls with different interpretations. It needs to be uniform, while not to beat the "dead horse", ACC officials use much different glasses than most other conferences. Alabama got a few targeting calls, but probably should have received 3X as many. TN didn't receive any I can recall but sure had PI's racked up to make up for it.

** Yes, there are differences to work out, but the original proposition stands - there needs to be a way to discipline officials and crews that make obvious, significant mistakes.

They weren't relieved of anything. Just unable to work the Super Bowl which would have been highly unlikely anyway since they don't usually pull refs from Wild Card games. This is the NFL saving face without actually doing anything.

Didn't say they were fired or terminated, but they were pulled back from consideration for additional postseason games. I think we would all be happier if obviously incompetent crews were, for example, barred from bowl games.

Reactions: I4Vols

VN Store

Back