Game Thread: (5/6) Lady Vols 84 - (19/20) Kentucky 58

Thinking about how Sara Puckett had some important buckets today. Two post-up baskets against Rhyne and some 3’s. Should be huge for her confidence after some tough early SEC games.

Rae found her rhythm which I’d hoped. I loved seeing her, Darby, and Puckett in at the same time. Walker had a good drive in the 4Q that was an and-one. Hoping this bye week serves her well. We really need her.

Thinking about how Sara Puckett had some important buckets today. Two post-up baskets against Rhyne and some 3’s. Should be huge for her confidence after some tough early SEC games.

Rae found her rhythm which I’d hoped. I loved seeing her, Darby, and Puckett in at the same time. Walker had a good drive in the 4Q that was an and-one. Hoping this bye week serves her well. We really need her.
I posted a reactionary comment shortly after Sara fumbled a pass, but she came back and played great today!

rae 4 for 4 three land! she post game rae i feel i'm back!

To add to what Mudcat said...(pharaphtased) Burrell said "I love these ladies on this team. We are playing for each other. " That is powerful senior leadership from Rae.

Amazing what you can accomplish when you don't care who gets the credit. GLV

Some highlight:

1.Lots of quick hands on defense.
2. Rae's long-range bombing draws defense, and Rae promptly finds an open Tess for a 3.
3. Dye crashing the boards for stickbacks and dishing out assists.
4. Keyen muscling up shots, finishing, and drawing fouls.
5. Excellent team FT shooting, including players who have struggled mightily at the line.
6. Jordy not pressing but instead cashing in on what was working.
7. Great energy from the bench.

Guys, we are so damn lucky to have each other to enjoy this wonderful team together...Each of us swallowed our hearts when Tamari went down with her ankle injury....We all thrilled together when Rae bombed away from the deep outside to calm the waters, and Tess stuck the dagger in deeper to remind Kentucky you are going to lose baby!

On Pat's day, how fitting two of her former players battled as head coaches, reminding us all that Pat was one hell of a fine woman!

I hope she enjoyed it....
636025438964958824-USP-NCAA-WOMENS-BASKETBALL-GEORGIA-AT-TENNESSEE-24135175.JPG

VN Store

Back