Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your opinion is best? We all do. Differing opinions on how to get there.

But we all know you are the smartest one.
Nope didnt say that at all. Theres just no need to tell me to go be a fan of another team because I dont agree with the direction the program has taken.
And I think this way sucks because weve seen what happens with it, ND is the ceiling doing it this way.

Reactions: VolNash17
I'm okay with that, but please stop slobbering over other teams' coaches.
Just wishing we had what they have. Like I told another poster. I want to get to experience 98 like other fans got to. But every time I come on here I get told we arent even trying for that and we should be ok with that. It gives me the sads.

I'm confused by that play. It looks like a TD to me and is called a TD. He lands out of bounds but it looked like he was inbounds when he started the throw and when he released it. Are folks mad that the refs didn't let an error get compounded by allowing an accidental whistle to nullify an otherwise legit TD or am I missing something altogether?
It was def strange at the very least & wasn't helped at the time by the refs having to have a LONG huddle. You can see defensive players pull up - even in the end zone. I wondered if they heard whistle or if just assumed QB was out of bounds.

Nope didnt say that at all. Theres just no need to tell me to go be a fan of another team because I dont agree with the direction the program has taken.
And I think this way sucks because weve seen what happens with it, ND is the ceiling doing it this way.

You are talking in circles. You absolutely did say it because they aren’t going about it how you like. If you are going to complain about a differing opinion on how to achieve the goal, then it is best to move on. You will never be happy. Not difficult to understand. Need to grow up.

I’ve purposely avoided discussions with you recently, so I’m moving on now, too.

Nope, just wont be happy until we get that. But I keep coming on here and reading that we are content with being second fiddle.
i think you're seeing what you want to.

there's nothing wrong with being happy about what we were this year, considering what we've been for a considerable part of the last 8 years.

if we're sitttin here in 8 years and going 7-5 every year, no one will be happy about that.

but seems like you maybe have some unrealistic expectations if you think we should go from 3-7 last year to playing with GA and Bama this year, and then being upset about just going to a bowl game?

you see that, right?

i think you're seeing what you want to.

there's nothing wrong with being happy about what we were this year, considering what we've been for a considerable part of the last 8 years.

if we're sitttin here in 8 years and going 7-5 every year, no one will be happy about that.

but seems like you maybe have some unrealistic expectations if you think we should go from 3-7 last year to playing with GA and Bama this year, and then being upset about just going to a bowl game?

you see that, right?
Bowls are useless I dont care about going to a bowl game. I understand it takes time to build, but worrying about academics, restricting the type of atheltes we can get etc.... These are the same things that hold ND back. Weve seen this story.

Bowls are useless I dont care about going to a bowl game. I understand it takes time to build, but worrying about academics, restricting the type of atheltes we can get etc.... These are the same things that hold ND back. Weve seen this story.
then maybe you should take that advice earlier the thread and find another program to root for...lol. cause where Tennessee is, doesn't line up with what you're looking for it seems......

Reactions: VolGee4
You are talking in circles. You absolutely did say it because they aren’t going about it how you like. If you are going to complain about a differing opinion on how to achieve the goal, then it is best to move on. You will never be happy. Not difficult to understand. Need to grow up.

I’ve purposely avoided discussions with you recently, so I’m moving on now, too.
How is stating where my observation of how we are going about it by making a comparison, stating my way is the best way? If you had proof or a better comparison of this way working you would be able to give one. Im not complaining about differing opinions just beyond annoyed at being told im not a real fan, or I need to go root for other teams because I dont agree with our decision makers. I guess if I disagree with my boss at work that means I need to get another job, at least by your alls logic.

You guys are misinterpreting some of what LA is saying. The administration does not want to be mediocre. However, they want to first stabilize the volatility that has occurred over the last 15 years. To do that, they bring in coaches that are solid developers and good people. In turn, they are looking for a type of student athlete that is athletic but also with a good head on their shoulders who put forth the effort.

Josh Heupel is what the doctor ordered. I guarantee you that he wants to win. If you want to turn things around, you have to be exciting and give yourself a chance in games that have previously been blowouts. That’s what he’s done so far. If he gets his teams to play like last year, we will break through with a win against our top 3 rivals. It’s inevitable because he can scheme it up and score points.

Football, women’s basketball, women’s soccer, men’s golf, tennis, women’s volleyball are all on the upswing. I don’t think it’s a coincidence. While people will point to yesterday, men’s basketball and softball are on solid footing, too.
agreed. Tennessee athletics in general seems to be as healthy as it's been in a very, very long time. if we continue in this fashion, good things will continue to happen.

then maybe you should take that advice earlier the thread and find another program to root for...lol. cause where Tennessee is, doesn't line up with what you're looking for it seems......
Asking them to try? Im fine with giving them time and trying to build if it seems like they are trying to get to where they can compete with the top, but everything I read they arent trying to get there.

Asking them to try? Im fine with giving them time and trying to build if it seems like they are trying to get to where they can compete with the top, but everything I read they arent trying to get there.
goes back to seeing what you want to see. "not trying" isn't in the equation. "not trying" the way mr.checkerboards wants them to seems to be the driving force here.

Reactions: SugarCC and UTJoe
Your response proves it is. Dabo's class finishes are all online. If you believe it takes top 5 classes to win the natty - you have 4 in a row, you have a natty if you have a coach that even comes close to Dabo.
1. Dabo isnt a good coach, the titles were his coordinators. Namely BV
2. Fair, top 10. But look at those classes and how many top 100 players they had, the bottom of the classes were just weak. We cant even get one top 100 player. It still takes 5 or 6 of them stacked in classes to get there.

I'm sure it is a burden on their family, but no more so than anyone else who isn't on scholarship. The portal is a double-edged sword. It helps some kids and hurts others.
My point exactly. The portal will always favor the best players and most of the guys will wind up without a scholarship because they lose the scholarship when they enter the portal. It worked out well for Young when he withdrew his name, but he's considered one of the better players. I can see some of these guys dropping down a level or two just to get the chance to keep playing. JUCO coaches are probably keeping their eye on the portal too.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Nope, just wont be happy until we get that. But I keep coming on here and reading that we are content with being second fiddle.
You’re talking to a fanbase that had many fanboys taking up for Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt. With your passion about being on top it’s hard to reason with fans who are “content”. But what Im going to pay attn to is will the football get better and wins start increasing starting this coming season. Will CJH and staff be better. Next step is beating same East teams plus Florida. I would also expect LSU to be beatable this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back