Next 11 games

Coaches were a little lower than I remembered as well, guess it was just KenPom that has us top 15.
Still 17-25 isnt good enough with this roster, nowhere close. And even that is being optimistic. They should be unranked when the new polls come out.

17-25 isn’t good enough “with this roster”? With 2 seniors, 4 juniors, 7 freshmen, and a sophomore transfer that played a third of a season last year? One senior has been beaten all to heck and the other senior transferred in. And 3 of the 4 juniors are foreign. There is certainly talent, but this isn’t a roster that is going to roll through the schedule destroying the opposition without stumbling along the way. Not to mention two freshmen PGs. The most important position on the court.

17-25 isn’t good enough “with this roster”? With 2 seniors, 4 juniors, 7 freshmen, and a sophomore transfer that played a third of a season last year? One senior has been beaten all to heck and the other senior transferred in. And 3 of the 4 juniors are foreign. There is certainly talent, but this isn’t a roster that is going to roll through the schedule destroying the opposition without stumbling along the way. Not to mention two freshmen PGs. The most important position on the court.
6 in the rotation with multiple years of experience in SEC play. Two FR who are NBA level talents. This roster is good enough to be contending for top 5. Its coaching isnt

Reactions: Volfan1000
6 in the rotation with multiple years of experience in SEC play. Two FR who are NBA level talents. This roster is good enough to be contending for top 5. Its coaching isnt

Which 6? Uros and SV started mid-season. JJJ and Fulk have missed multiple stretches with injuries. Uros and ORN have spent most of their careers on the bench. Half of the 6 upper class men “experience” (leaders) don’t speak English as their first language.

Bailey had one year playing in the SEC before this season began.

Uros had 41 minutes of SEC court time last year. He wasn’t eligible until mid-January the year before.

Which 6? Uros and SV started mid-season. JJJ and Fulk have missed multiple stretches with injuries. Uros and ORN have spent most of their careers on the bench. Half of the 6 upper class men “experience” (leaders) don’t speak English as their first language.

Bailey had one year playing in the SEC before this season began.

Uros had 41 minutes of SEC court time last year. He wasn’t eligible until mid-January the year before.
They havent practiced during that time? Continue with the excuses one day youll realize Barnes is a joke.

Last edited:
Coaches were a little lower than I remembered as well, guess it was just KenPom that has us top 15.
Still 17-25 isnt good enough with this roster, nowhere close. And even that is being optimistic. They should be unranked when the new polls come out.
But here’s the thing, if you’ve got multiple analytic projections which take just days and no bias into account, and little 50+ humans voting to make up a poll, and all these things are saying that this roster IS 17-25 range, who are we/you to sit back and say nah, it’s better? Maybe it is what everyone else said it is? Those projections fall right in line with what Vegas had O/U at, what Vegas had Championship odds at, like literally everything except Tennessee fans said this is a 17-25th type team.

Literally nobody unbiased agrees with this take, just seems like something “Barnes haters” want to spew to act as if he’s disappointed their unrealistic expectations.

So 18-12(9-9), no, probably not…maybe sneak in but it wouldn’t be comfortably I wouldn’t think. With that said I don’t expect us to go .500 rest of the way.
I just looked at the schedule.

We have 14 games left, not counting tournament.

I expect us to lose to KY, LSU, Auburn, TX. That's 4 losses. And leaves us with 10 more games. If we split those that leaves us with a remaing record of 5-9. Even if we go 7-3, that puts us at .500. I would believe 6-4 before I would believe 8-2. Regardless, I think we'll be a bubble team and if we go we'll be a 1st round exit.

What's your thoughts on next year's roster. I can see a lot of attrition and I don't see a lot to fill those spots. I know we have the portal, maybe we can fix some things there?

I expect us to lose to KY, LSU, Auburn, TX. That's 4 losses. And leaves us with 10 more games. If we split those that leaves us with a remaing record of 5-9. Even if we go 7-3, that puts us at .500. I would believe 6-4 before I would believe 8-2. Regardless, I think we'll be a bubble team and if we go we'll be a 1st round exit.

What's your thoughts on next year's roster. I can see a lot of attrition and I don't see a lot to fill those spots. I know we have the portal, maybe we can fix some things there?
Why is UK and LSU at home a sure loss? Puzzling.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92

There’s a huge difference between road/home, hell Missouri blasted Alabama at home, my point being I’m not just chalking up a L to any home game on our schedule…we beat Arizona who’s thought to be better than LSU, and about on par with UK.

Barttorvik has us as basically good chance of winning 8 games: @Vandy, Florida, A&M, @SC, Vandy, @Mizz, @UGA, Ark…Losing 1 game: @Texas…and then 5 tossups: LSU, @Miss St, UK, @Ark, Aub.

So if you say you win those 8, lose the Texas, and go 2-3 in tossups, that’s still 10-4 and finishing 21-9 (12-6). The next 4 games are big, 2 good teams in Knoxville, gotta go at least 2-2 in these 4 and 3-1 would feel much better, go 1-3 and things get uglier.

As for next year…not sure what attrition you see unless you’re speculating? The only guarantee is Fulk is gone, Bailey probably is too but he could have another year if we mutually agree, I don’t see BHH getting drafted, and Chandler’s stock has been dropping to now he’s in the 2nd round on a few and I don’t know that he’d leave if that’s the case. With Edwards signed we are 1 over with Fulk leaving, there’s a lot of ? but nobody for certain appears to be gone, which is also why you aren’t seeing the staff recruiting a bunch for ‘22…they’ll likely look to the portal if they need to add someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Literally nobody unbiased agrees with this take, just seems like something “Barnes haters” want to spew to act as if he’s disappointed their unrealistic expectations.
We have 6 veterans with SEC experience. 2 NBA FR on the roster. Last night I was looking back at old NC winners and their rosters. This team is as experienced and talented as a lot of them. Barnes is once again under achieving.

There’s a huge difference between road/home, hell Missouri blasted Alabama at home, my point being I’m not just chalking up a L to any home game on our schedule…we beat Arizona who’s thought to be better than LSU, and about on par with UK.

Barttorvik has us as basically good chance of winning 8 games: @Vandy, Florida, A&M, @SC, Vandy, @Mizz, @UGA, Ark…Losing 1 game: @Texas…and then 5 tossups: LSU, @Miss St, UK, @Ark, Aub.

So if you say you win those 8, lose the Texas, and go 2-3 in tossups, that’s still 10-4 and finishing 21-9 (12-6). The next 4 games are big, 2 good teams in Knoxville, gotta go at least 2-2 in these 4 and 3-1 would feel much better, go 1-3 and things get uglier.

As for next year…not sure what attrition you see unless you’re speculating? The only guarantee is Fulk is gone, Bailey probably is too but he could have another year if we mutually agree, I don’t see BHH getting drafted, and Chandler’s stock has been dropping to now he’s in the 2nd round on a few and I don’t know that he’d leave if that’s the case. With Edwards signed we are 1 over with Fulk leaving, there’s a lot of ? but nobody for certain appears to be gone, which is also why you aren’t seeing the staff recruiting a bunch for ‘22…they’ll likely look to the portal if they need to add someone.

I agree that they could but i thinknthe team is regressing. You'd like to see improvement at this point of the year. We were playing much better when we beat those ranked teams. I also, agree that we could beat anyone left on our schedule, but on the other side, we could lose to anyone left on the schedule. That's kind of my logic on finishing at .500. I fully expect them to win a game as an underdog but also expect them to lose to an underdog. Here's to hoping that you're right and I'm wrong.

I agree but I could also see Chandler and BHH leaving for greener pastures. This would be especially true if the season tanks. I feel fairly certain that if other, more successful programs express interest, and offer a bunch of NIL dollars, I doubt we match. They'll have a choice to make.

We have 6 veterans with SEC experience. 2 NBA FR on the roster. Last night I was looking back at old NC winners and their rosters. This team is as experienced and talented as a lot of them. Barnes is once again under achieving.
Please show me all the mocks that have BHH getting drafted after this year? Chandler is now showing in the 2nd round and BHH is nowhere to be found on 2022 mocks. You’re over reaching trying to make a point, it’s a bad look, nobody without an agenda thinks this is a Top 5 roster.

I agree that they could but i thinknthe team is regressing. You'd like to see improvement at this point of the year. We were playing much better when we beat those ranked teams. I also, agree that we could beat anyone left on our schedule, but on the other side, we could lose to anyone left on the schedule. That's kind of my logic on finishing at .500. I fully expect them to win a game as an underdog but also expect them to lose to an underdog. Here's to hoping that you're right and I'm wrong.

I agree but I could also see Chandler and BHH leaving for greener pastures. This would be especially true if the season tanks. I feel fairly certain that if other, more successful programs express interest, and offer a bunch of NIL dollars, I doubt we match. They'll have a choice to make.
To this point we haven’t lost a single game we were underdogs in, so that take seems a little bit over reactionary. Our losses have come all away from home and all to Top 17 teams in KenPom, we only have 1 road game left on the schedule against a Top 35 KenPom team, and that’s Texas.

Not sure why you think programs would be tripping over themselves to take BHH, seems a bit like BVS…and Chandler got plenty of offers out of HS and chose Tennessee over Duke/Kentucky etc.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Lol, may wanna actually look at their projections my guy. Neither their 2022 or 2023 mock draft on their website has BHH as getting drafted lmao. Nice try though.

They have Chandler as #28, and that’s it…so according to you 1 player projected late 1st round make up a Top 5 roster? Lol.
The second part I copied and pasted is directly from his profile on there.

VN Store

Back