Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AP is full of crap in this regard. Numbers don't have to be finalized until start of fall camp. Bringing in new talent is the best way to convince the guys who need to portal to do so. IMO.
Pretty sure he’s not full of crap but I’m not a numbers expert.

If you really believe that then you are sadly mistaken. You don’t achiever success in college football without cheating in every way possible. TN just sucks at cheating.

The moral high ground crap is for losers. I don’t care if we cheat as bad or worse than any team in the country. I just want to win.

As for the "...moral high ground crap is for losers" comment, I wouldn't want to work with someone with that view. That certainly doesn't make me a loser

I’ve resolved not to panic about recruiting, transfers or anything with our football program until maybe the year 2025. Heupel and staff are getting a ton of grace from me.

They seem like good coaches and people and I trust they know their jobs depend on fielding competitive teams so let them do their thing.

No serious person thinks we are one or two linebacker transfers away from making the Playofts next year.
You’re not wrong. I do think we need to have a defensive revival like we saw on offense last year. If we can have that, then that really sets us up to compete for the East 2024 and on. I’m of the opinion Martinez is a liability because our defensive backs gave massive plays at the least opportune times all year… just like they did when he was here last. Banks seemed to have called the games fine… we just got worn down from depth and lacked big time playmakers. To Martinez defense… front 7 left our back end on islands or left enough time to find the soft part of the zones.

Reactions: VolNash17
AP said it’s numbers. They can’t take more transfers until we lose players to the portal. Look for them to add more after spring ball when some on the current roster leave.

AP said he expects we end up adding 5-6 more eventually.

Are the rumors we're after Bru McCoy and the Vandy OT true? I'm not sure if those rumors were attributed to AP or RC, but if we have a numbers problem, why are we still after offensive players and ignoring the defense? That would be my only real question on the subject.

Reactions: VolNash17
Are the rumors we're after Bru McCoy and the Vandy OT true? I'm not sure if those rumors were attributed to AP or RC, but if we have a numbers problem, why are we still after offensive players and ignoring the defense? That would be my only real question on the subject.
tackle.

agreed on d

I think AP is full of crap in this regard. Numbers don't have to be finalized until start of fall camp. Bringing in new talent is the best way to convince the guys who need to portal to do so. IMO.

Might have to do with all the EEs we brought in. They could replace midyear graduates, but if seniors don't graduate till Spring, then they still count.

I know Larry has been tracking our numbers for Jan 22 or 24th, whatever UT's first day back is.

I agree we usually only focus on getting there before Fall, but our huge EE group may have made Spring figures relevant for once too.

It’s like Heupel is the opposite of Rick Barnes.

I hate this dumb 💩

Oh wait, I forgot...

FAHR BAHRNES!!! HAHR SUPER COACH!! AND DO IT NOW!
And unfortunately it's that type of mentally that's going to prevent CJH from being here more than 4 or 5 years unless he wins it all, and that ain't likely to happen. And even if he did manage to win it all, as soon as he has a down year the fahr him screams will be loud because he's "lost it."

Probably not sold on what we have or concern about depth. We must have a rock solid offense. That's our bread and butter. Agree on upgrading defense but in Heupels system the offense has to and always will come first.

So now he doesn't even get credit for having Grant Williams? Wow.
No. The point is the team has went down hill since Grant left. The team has not gotten better or even maintained the level of play they were at. They have gotten worse, and that's in spite of Barnes bringing in top talent.

And unfortunately it's that type of mentally that's going to prevent CJH from being here more than 4 or 5 years unless he wins it all, and that ain't likely to happen. And even if he did manage to win it all, as soon as he has a down year the fahr him screams will be loud because he's "lost it."
If we have the right AD….. fans opinions won’t/shouldn’t matter at all.

Yea, I understand. I‘ve done countless charter trips and for-hire yacht deliveries and hold a USCG 100 Ton Master/STCW. Sometimes the relaxation is worth a lot more than the adventure, especially when you’re celebrating special occasions with family and friends.

Or just feeling lazy 😂

Of course that can always change…🤔

If you really believe that then you are sadly mistaken. You don’t achiever success in college football without cheating in every way possible. TN just sucks at cheating.

The moral high ground crap is for losers. I don’t care if we cheat as bad or worse than any team in the country. I just want to win.
Yep. Not a fan of the NIL, but now that it's here, we need to get up to speed quickly if we are to compete. It's akin to a nuclear arms race. No one would argue nukes are something desirable, but as long as the other side is arming up, you really have no choice but to do the same. UT might suck at cheating, but now they have a legal way to do what Pruitt did. Time to put the proverbial pedal to the floor and get our program up to speed.

It’s like Heupel is the opposite of Rick Barnes.
I'm not going to lie, even though I'll probably get accused of being negative for saying this, one of my concerns about Heupel has always been if he would be so focused on offense, he'd be negligent of the defense. He's an offensive coach. It's what he knows, backwards and forwards, and he's damn good at it. But we've seen the defense struggle this past season, and there appears, to many fans at least, that there's room to upgrade on that side of the ball. At times, it's like we have a Ferrari on offense and a Pinto on defense.

But it is what it is. I like Heupel, and I like this staff, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully we find some help on defense eventually.

It's had a few high spots under Pearl and now Barnes, but with pure mediocrity outside of those years...and now we have a bunch of idiots screaming to fire the guy that is responsible for half of those few high spots..makes sense.

I remember when I was a student at Tennessee, our basketball season wss over as soon as the SEC tournament was finished. Don’t remember ever going to the NCAA tournament.
With Coach Barnes, I have at least seen my Volunteers in March Madness. I hope that this team can become one and get hot at the right time…

I'm not going to lie, even though I'll probably get accused of being negative for saying this, one of my concerns about Heupel has always been if he would be so focused on offense, he'd be negligent of the defense. He's an offensive coach. It's what he knows, backwards and forwards, and he's damn good at it. But we've seen the defense struggle this past season, and there appears, to many fans at least, that there's room to upgrade on that side of the ball. At times, it's like we have a Ferrari on offense and a Pinto on defense.

But it is what it is. I like Heupel, and I like this staff, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully we find some help on defense eventually.

He isn’t neglecting defense. Just easier to get offensive players to buy in quicker. I’d prefer they be picky on who they bring in. Can’t waste scholarships when your on number restrictions

I am officially sick again. Weather permitting I'm going back to clinic tomorrow. Shortness of breath, alternating sweats and freezing and a cough that's so strong my stomach muscles are done in. Can't sleep more that an hour at a time.

The poor rescue dog, I've changed her name to Phoenix, has to be sick of me, but to her credit she's as grateful as ever curled up at the foot of my bed with my old blind cat she's become very attached to.

She will be spending the night with her possible new family next weekend, fingers crossed!
Same with me but replace recuse dog with wife and daughter.

Reactions: KB5252
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back