'22 AZ WR Kyler Kasper (Oregon commit)

I’ll go out on a limb now and state this guy will never play for the Vols. Lives too far away, has too much potential with his ranking and height. It would be too good to ever happen for us.

He is an Iowa legacy kid but I couldn’t find anything as far as 40 times.
GBO!!

“It’s been going well. I talk to Tennessee usually every day,” the prospect told Volquest. “Coach [Kodi] Burns is a great guy who I talk to quite a bit. It’s not always about football, but sometimes it is. Sometimes it’s about life and what is going on during the day, week or in workouts. Stuff like that.”

The athlete is tabbed as the 12th-best receiver in the class and the second-ranked prospect out of the state of Arizona. Owning a 5.9 Rivals Rating, Tennessee views Kasper as a guy who can line up both on the inside and outside, while stretching the field in the process.

As a junior this past fall, the prospect reeled in All-State honors.

“We were going over some of the plays and stuff like that and he was showing me where they see me,” Kasper said of Burns. “He likes that I can run routes like a 6-foot-5 receiver and not just a tall guy who can get the jump balls, but that I can really run the whole route tree as if I were a shorter receiver.”
Tennessee offered the Williams Field standout earlier in the fall. Kasper has taken the time since to learn more about the program and atmosphere surrounding the program.

“We’ve just been talking more and more, and I’ve learned that the fanbase there is crazy – ridiculous, really,” the wideout said of the Vols. “I’m definitely trying to get to a game because the atmosphere is crazy from what I’ve heard. I’ve seen some videos of it.

“I’ve learned how much they like to pass the ball. I didn’t know they were a throwing offense – they pass the ball a lot and their receivers have been good the past couple of years.”

More than anything, the four-star enjoys the way Tennessee uses its receivers in Josh Heupel’s offense.

“It’s definitely appealing. They give their receivers a lot of freedom with option-routes,” the recruit said. “They give their receivers a lot of freedom to do what they like. I can appreciate that.”

Tennessee is one of 20 suitors who have offered Kasper thus far while Duke was added late Tuesday night. He’s already begun the process of mentally chopping down his list, but maintains that his recruitment is still ‘100 percent open.’

“I’m just going to keep working right now and give time for some other schools who haven’t reached out yet,” Kasper said. “In a couple of months, I’ll start limiting them down [publicly].

“Tennessee is definitely up there.”

The wide receiver took in three games this fall at nearby Arizona State and was also in attendance for the Penn State game at Iowa, as well as the Hawaii game at UCLA. Throughout the entire process, Tennessee has stayed in close contact with Heupel leading the charge at times.

“He really keeps up-to-date with me and texts me a lot. It’s been good,” Kasper said of Heupel. “We talk a lot about life stuff as well and not just about football stuff. That’s good because a lot of coaches just talk about football. It’s cool to talk about some other stuff with those guys.”

As the spring months begin to pass, Kasper will sit down with his family to begin the official visit planning. The four-star will be selective, but the Vols appear to be in good position as of now.
-VQ

Im enjoying this staff going out West and setting a foothold.Who knows what roads this open,I'd like to see us get into Florida a little bit more.Would think this staff is familiar with most prospects but still lots of time.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
He’s well spoken.

saddle-up-partner-dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey-gif-13757130.gif

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Observations from his highlights.... Tall, lanky kid with a ridiculous catch radius. Catches the ball naturally with his hands. Not a finesse player, has a mean streak and plays a very physical brand of football. Looks to have plenty of room to fill out his frame and play at 215-220lbs. Only question is his speed. It's always hard to tell with tall, long striders unless they also run track. Looks to be a 50/50 ball nightmare for opposing defenses.

Observations from his highlights.... Tall, lanky kid with a ridiculous catch radius. Catches the ball naturally with his hands. Not a finesse player, has a mean streak and plays a very physical brand of football. Looks to have plenty of room to fill out his frame and play at 215-220lbs. Only question is his speed. It's always hard to tell with tall, long striders unless they also run track. Looks to be a 50/50 ball nightmare for opposing defenses.

Sound worth getting. As to his speed? I know a way to see if it maxes out.

Let me know when he is going to time trial. I will borrow a friend's crazy doberman. When he runs, I will release Demon. We will then know his max speed and whether or not he is a take. If he lives.

Yeah I used to think Tillman was slow. Sometimes long striders look like they’re moving in quicksand. But Tillman keeps burning sec defenders.

Found a scouting report on him ….. this was from his last camp before high school…… he ran a 4.62 40….. had the highest sparq scores in the country and also measured bigger hands than almost all of the receivers in the nfl draft that season.

VN Store

Back