The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Looks like a @DEFENDTHISHOUSE move...

AVvXsEi0jOQDKLqr02WEAjEjYF6sLSOwXPJUTIgUi6k7kK6bG3ajJnN0hl1k2tTDD0BBJa-tFQoGhaOnr26qLPnyZ-aDLNdt4AHry4tk1ua0fhJHWxoWlBjacO0bYQqpqCTw-O0-nrpb57RqUurVjEyuHjwl_1y_vSce4yNtunP5_fT5CRvBNaYjrKUGx-aB=w394-h640

Little know fact. Outside of the 1911, the CZ75 pattern is one of the most widely copied actions in handgun design. I think the Hi Power is up there as well.
A lot of people copied the automobile too.
I guess it just depends on which one you like best.

Boy, ammo has come down but a lot of other stuff is still scarce as hens teeth. Trying to find a chronograph and nobody has a LabRadar anywhere. Broke my Magnetospeed V3 and figured it's time for an upgrade. Developing a 300BLK subsonic load so any suggestions are welcome. Nothing outside of 100 yds. Having some LRBO issues so thinking about swapping out the weights in my buffer to go lighter. Anyone messed with springs or is the buffer weight the best option? 10.5" Pistol gas system AR with a 1:7 twist.

Boy things have really slowed down in this thread lately. Nice and sunny today in Chatt town so went to the range and had some fun. Polished the feed ramp on my threaded barrel for the Glock so it works great now with my can. Emptied two mags without a single round hanging up. Every other round did so the first time I tried it. Also took my poor man's 6.5 CM (Savage Axis II XP) to see how accurate store bought ammo was. Was able to get .6 - 1.2" groups at 50 yards from white box, Hornady Match & American Whitetail, and Norma Whitetail. I was shooting with bags with a 9x scope so my skill or lack thereof was the major factor. Pretty shoddy for that cartridge I'll have to admit. Anyone have any experience with a Caldwell sled? Midway has them on clearance and I was wondering if they really help in a bench rest situation. Going to take the 70 brass casings and get them ready to reload and would like to be able to tell which recipe is the most accurate.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Boy things have really slowed down in this thread lately. Nice and sunny today in Chatt town so went to the range and had some fun. Polished the feed ramp on my threaded barrel for the Glock so it works great now with my can. Emptied two mags without a single round hanging up. Every other round did so the first time I tried it. Also took my poor man's 6.5 CM (Savage Axis II XP) to see how accurate store bought ammo was. Was able to get .6 - 1.2" groups at 50 yards from white box, Hornady Match & American Whitetail, and Norma Whitetail. I was shooting with bags with a 9x scope so my skill or lack thereof was the major factor. Pretty shoddy for that cartridge I'll have to admit. Anyone have any experience with a Caldwell sled? Midway has them on clearance and I was wondering if they really help in a bench rest situation. Going to take the 70 brass casings and get them ready to reload and would like to be able to tell which recipe is the most accurate.

I think as bolt actions go, Savage are some of the most underrated rifles out there when it comes to cost point.

I had a Savage .30-06 at one point that was a pretty accurate hunting rifle and I dearly LOVE my Mk II. It is a tack driver for an out of the box, non-custom rimfire.

Reactions: 81Bubbavol
I think as bolt actions go, Savage are some of the most underrated rifles out there when it comes to cost point.

I had a Savage .30-06 at one point that was a pretty accurate hunting rifle and I dearly LOVE my Mk II. It is a tack driver for an out of the box, non-custom rimfire.

I have a savage .17hmr, .243, 350 Legend, and a .30-06. I take them hunting over a lot of my more high priced firearms. They are just amazing work horses.

Reactions: 81Bubbavol

VN Store

Back