The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Anyone heard anything about the Tisas Zigana PX 9? Looking at getting another handgun soon and I have seen those pop up as a cheaper option but I didn't know if anyone had any experience with them.

Anyone heard anything about the Tisas Zigana PX 9? Looking at getting another handgun soon and I have seen those pop up as a cheaper option but I didn't know if anyone had any experience with them.

I have not. However I have seen several video reviews on them, every one (which I have seen) was positive.

For about $30 more you can usually find a Canik tp9sf one (that is if the Tisas is at $299). In that price range for a new handgun I doubt you can find anything better ($329 for a Canik).

I have not. However I have seen several video reviews on them, every one (which I have seen) was positive.

For about $30 more you can usually find a Canik tp9sf one (that is if the Tisas is at $299). In that price range for a new handgun I doubt you can find anything better ($329 for a Canik).

I’ve seen a lot of good reviews for the Tisas that’s why I was curious. There’s a local gun shop that has them for that price but I’m always open to any other suggestions so I’ll see if I can find the canik or tisas anywhere and try them both out.

I have new project.
I’ve gotten a M1 carbide (cheap) I’ll have it Monday.
It’s a 1944 Winchester.
It’s missing the front and rear sights. And also missing the bayonet carrier. This sling areas in the stock have been filled in.

I’m not sure how to proceed.
I’m thinking it should be returned to original condition.
What say y’all?

pictures soon?

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I have new project.
I’ve gotten a M1 carbide (cheap) I’ll have it Monday.
It’s a 1944 Winchester.
It’s missing the front and rear sights. And also missing the bayonet carrier. This sling areas in the stock have been filled in.

I’m not sure how to proceed.
I’m thinking it should be returned to original condition.
What say y’all?

pictures soon?
Did you see the ones I did? If it's got cosmoline or any other grease, hit it with a heat gun or hair dryer, and soak as much up as you can. Then, mineral spirits, and strip it to wood. A steam iron over towels can lift out indentations in the wood. Sand it down until smooth.

Any rusted metal can be cleaned with a Dremel pad and polish.

Tru Oil is the stuff to refinish the wood. If you want a different color, you can lightly stain it first. Go light with the Tru Oil, you are going for several very light coats. Use 0000 steel wool between coats if there are imperfections.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Did you see the ones I did? If it's got cosmoline or any other grease, hit it with a heat gun or hair dryer, and soak as much up as you can. Then, mineral spirits, and strip it to wood. A steam iron over towels can lift out indentations in the wood. Sand it down until smooth.

Any rusted metal can be cleaned with a Dremel pad and polish.

Tru Oil is the stuff to refinish the wood. If you want a different color, you can lightly stain it first. Go light with the Tru Oil, you are going for several very light coats. Use 0000 steel wool between coats if there are imperfections.
Yes I did,
Yours turned out great.
I bought this sight unseen from someone I trust and I don’t get it till Monday. It will be interesting to see what I’m up against.
here’s a picture I was sent. FBCEFA24-CD18-4D18-A0E8-638F05CDE35C.jpeg

Yes I did,
Yours turned out great.
I bought this sight unseen from someone I trust and I don’t get it till Monday. It will be interesting to see what I’m up against.
here’s a picture I was sent. View attachment 433718
That doesn't look bad at all! The wood doesn't appear to have any major defects and the metal looks great, so should be an easy project.

That doesn't look bad at all! The wood doesn't appear to have any major defects and the metal looks great, so should be an easy project.
I agree. I can’t believe the opportunity. I’m very excited about it.
I’m told that the mortised sling mounts have been filled in and there are missing parts but other than that it’s in good shape.
The important thing to me is it’s a WW2 1944 Winchester.

We will see.

Reactions: StarRaider
I agree. I can’t believe the opportunity. I’m very excited about it.
I’m told that the mortised sling mounts have been filled in and there are missing parts but other than that it’s in good shape.
The important thing to me is it’s a WW2 1944 Winchester.

We will see.

I think it's going to depend how "authentic" you want it in the end. There are plenty of aftermarket stocks out there that would work and keep you from having to dig out the filling.

I think it's going to depend how "authentic" you want it in the end. There are plenty of aftermarket stocks out there that would work and keep you from having to dig out the filling.
I’m debating that already which is a waste of time till I see it lol

VN Store

Back