Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Heup is great coach, blueprint for winning big in SEC is talent acquisition. Look at Kirby, Jimbo, and Saban. All had rough year 1s. Argument could be that Heup has had a better year 1 than all three. Now on to year 2. Can Heup win 8+? And the parlay that into a top 10 class? All three had huge Yr 2s. I would say, Heup gets an extra year given our circumstances, but bottom line to get back to winning big he is going to have to stack 3-4 top 10 classes. Otherwise, we will be stuck at 7-8 win tier. Which after last 15 years, isn't terrible, either. Just means a decision might have to be made if we are just winning 8 games by year 4 or 5.

Unless Heup is great coach, blueprint for winning big in SEC is talent acquisition. Look at Kirby, Jimbo, and Saban. All had rough year 1s. Argument could be that Heup has had a better year 1 than all three. Now on to year 2. Can Heup win 8+? And the parlay that into a top 10 class? All three had huge Yr 2s. I would say, Heup gets an extra year given our circumstances, but bottom line to get back to winning big he is going to have to stack 3-4 top 10 classes. Otherwise, we will be stuck at 7-8 win tier. Which after last 15 years, isn't terrible, either. Just means a decision might have to be made if we are just winning 8 games by year 4 or 5.
Jimbo? 8 wins. Mist overrated Coach in America.

Since 2010: Bama is 150-17, 7 SEC Titles, 5 National Titles, with 1 head coach...UGA is 121-39, 1SEC Title, 1 National Title, with 2 head coaches...UT is 73-75, with 4 head coaches.

Why are you thinking about elite SEC teams right now? That's not "realism".

If your goal is perfection, then excellence can happen. (Examples: Neyland, Majors, Fulmer, and I am confident Heupel)

If your goal is just good enough, then mediocre to poor is the outcome. (Examples: kiffin, dooley, butch and the worst pruitt- mainly because he cheated hard to only achieve awful)

JMO 15-0 🤠

What is the ultimate goal you want for Tennessee football? Are you happy with mediocre, or do you want to see us achieve actual relevance again? No one is saying we have to get to the top immediately, though strangely, you keep implying they are. We all know it takes baby steps. But it still takes steps. Recruiting will have to get better. No one is saying we have to recruit as well as Bama or Georgia next year. But to get to where most Vol fans want to ultimately get, we will have to reach that level eventually. If we're still in the same place in 5 years that we are now, then that's a problem. There's nothing wrong with fans expecting to see improvement, expecting to eventually compete for championships. So if you call that "bitching" and "bellyaching", then yeah, I'll continue to do that because I'm a fan. I'll always want to see us getting better because I care. If someone is okay with staying mediocre, then I have to question how much they care.

We didn’t take baby steps on offense. Improvement from worse than 100 ranked offense to teens and top 10 in multiple categories is an astronomical leap.

My opinion on the offensive gains versus the defensive gains is simple. pruitt muzzled and limited the offensive players, but didn’t actually coach any talent out of them. His allegiance to #2 was the greatest limit to the offense. They just needed a QB and to be given a scheme.

Defensive side of the team was where the pruitt lead atrocities occurred. The first year if you remember, we had the best pruitt defense. That’s because he hired some pretty good coaches. Once he alienated those coaches and they left, then the horror began. His “scheme had so many checks and alerts that the players were slowed by all the mandatory options. Defense isn’t about overthinking, but read/anticipate, react, destroy, disrupt. He never allowed that. He replaced good coaches with mediocre coaches that he could control (or fire). Who can’t coach how to cover/disrupt a slant? pruitt.
It’s gonna take more than a year to remove all the bad habits from the defensive players. They are already playing faster. They are finally having fun playing football. They now give a damn.
It’s amazing that this group of coaches are closer to being Volunteers in less than a year. The previous 4 coaching staffs never even understood.
With Volunteer coaches and VFL players, now Tennessee will be easier to recruit to. I would rather have a 3* VFL (or 2* Tillman) than a 5* diva who will fold/transfer with the first sign of adversity.

In conclusion:

15-0 🤠

Don't strain your arm.

otis-jerking-off-1.gif
I thought you didn't judge?

Pretty sure Jalen Ramsey saw Dooley as a clown and never allowed him to recruit him,

It took me less than 30 minutes to see the guy was an azzclown. Maybe I happened to talk to and observe on a bad day for him. Don't know. But do know that the next 3 years went exactly like my first impression said it would. That doesn't make me special, it just meant it was that obvious.

People think that we still got some good players when he was there. Yes, but they came because of their position coaches and coordinators along with loving UT. Few, if any, came because Derek Dooley was the HC.

Which is what TN shouldve done. Any big school with balls wouldve let an assistand take the fall and never fired Pearl the first time.
This is one thing we can completely agree on. Many have said that Pearl had lied to the administration and that is why they left him twisting. It got us in a great amount of trouble when all they had to do was tell him what was being asked and say to take the hit for the bbq and he is likely still here. Another one of Hamilton's gifts that keeps on giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back