The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Did a bit of AR time over the past couple of weekends. Got the 6933 EPR upper and the original 6933 upper dialed in on both optics and BUS. TAP 75 SBR for those barrels, and I'm solid with a 50/200 zero on both.

My HD 6721 has a Vortex 3x Spitfire on it, and I zeroed that one at 100 yards using the Federal 62 TBBC. I am also still in the black at 200 yards, so I'm happy there, considering that the TBBC round is not designed for accuracy over lethality.

Lastly, the LR (longer range) 6721 at 100 yards, behind a Nikon 3-9X P223 scope, and with 69 SMK's. This turned out to be a really fun "reach out and touch someone" experience. Previously, I had been limited to 100 yards, but the new range here goes out to 200, and it was fun to just lay one round after another in the 9/10/X zip code at 200 yards. I'll confess to having Carl Spackler flashbacks while busting that imaginary gopher's grape at 200 yards.

So while I wouldn't say I'm a gifted marksman, I can be a real pain in the ass out to 200 yards. Fun times. I did order a Harris bipod for the scoped AR. Once it's in and on, there's a hunt club nearby with a lane that goes out to 400 yards. I think I'll ease out there with a box of SMK's and see what these old eyes can do on a Par 4.

Y'all be safe out there, y'hear?
200? That's it? :p

2h42t1.jpg

Did a “rough” zero with the CX4 at 25 yards unsupported. The first pic I started in the middle and then hit the upper corners and lower right corner after adjustments. Then I got the itch to shoot some more and other than 3 or 4 flyers it looks like it’s pretty good. I’ll do a supported zero later to fine tune it. The trigger on this thing isn’t the greatest but it’s still fun to shoot.

F25B156A-46CF-48AC-A79E-7F3D34FF648A.jpeg5D215172-8090-4826-82D5-3617BBB604B5.jpeg

I went with a SFA TRP and fell in love with the clean break trigger. Made it hard to shoot the Glock afterwards. A friend of mine has several Kimbers and loves them. Yours looks like a 5" single stack 45, or did you get something different for EDC?

I went with a SFA TRP and fell in love with the clean break trigger. Made it hard to shoot the Glock afterwards. A friend of mine has several Kimbers and loves them. Yours looks like a 5" single stack 45, or did you get something different for EDC?
It’s a single stack 45.
I carry a 45 because they don’t make a 46. Merica!!

Me too.
This one is just smooth in everything about it.
After getting broken in it will probably be the carry gun.
I’ve been trying out this Galco PLE212 paddle holster with thumb break. So far, I really like it and it offers the quick removal that I some times need…say if I have to go somewhere that’s posted no carry.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Excellent purchase. If I may be so bold as to make a recommendation. These are the best 1911 magazines on the market. I personally prefer the 7 rounders myself as that’s what JMB designed the handgun to use. Plus the regular 47 mags seems to have a longer spring life. I have some 47’s from the late 90’s still using the original spring. Enjoy your .45, sir.

.45 ACP Full-Size Magazines

Excellent purchase. If I may be so bold as to make a recommendation. These are the best 1911 magazines on the market. I personally prefer the 7 rounders myself as that’s what JMB designed the handgun to use. Plus the regular 47 mags seems to have a longer spring life. I have some 47’s from the late 90’s still using the original spring. Enjoy your .45, sir.

.45 ACP Full-Size Magazines

The only mags I will use in my .45 models are the Wilson, Chip McCormick (now owned by Wilson, though still branded as CMC I think) or the Mec-Gar.

You certainly pay for what you get with Wilson.

VN Store

Back