Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me? Did you just say r**l t**e to me?

Wouldn't have mattered. UGA ate Bryce Young and would have ate Bryce Young regardless who was at WR.

That's like saying we lose to FSU if Weinke starts. What good would Weinke had been if Al Wilson cleats were shoved up his azz?
How many sacks did they have? and does Bama go 0 for 3 on TD's in redzone trips with Bama's 2 star receivers on the field?

If you ask me I think we go 9-3 regular season in 22. We have the offense to do it. If the defense shows any improvement we will be a really hard team to beat.

Biggest thing that killed us this year was not being able to get off the field on 3rd downs.

9-3 possible, but 7-5 is still my baseline

We lack the competitive depth to be certain of a 9-3 season. We have some really nice pieces in our starting 22, but it's still going to be rough after that. But 7 wins is definitely doable, with the real possibility of more if we stay healthy, catch breaks, etc.

I mean the kid has 20 tackles last game of the season he missed an entire year of football and is our best LB. I’d say he will only be better next year.
Yeah, again, I think he's developed into a fine LB. See ball get ball. He's great when he can see the ball carrier and chase them down.

I'd like to see a compliment for him in that corps with a high IQ guy that can pass defend as well.

It is fascinating to watch. Some things I've thought about... how do the current players that didn't get deals when signing feel? Are they going to get those deals too? I'm assuming the deals are four year deals. Do the other players get the deals to keep them happy? Do they get more? I'm not sure you can maintain an annual payroll of $25-30 mil year. Let's be honest this is a complete facade. There is no ROI. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see that as sustainable.

They've opened Pandora's Box. Schools can try to control some variables contractually-- and they are-- but really, how and who enforces it? And then there's accountability. What if a player is contracted to do a scheduled event and they have class or the coach calls practice or a team meeting? Schools want to be hands-off and coaches don't want to work around player deals. Teenage SAs aren't businesspeople, and their days are already full with school and sports. If it becomes de facto gifting, it's really just putting a wildly inflated price tag on yesterday's closet strategy. The only schools that want that are the ones prepared to capitalize on it.

And yes, it can be a setup for friction. The get-nothings are going to feel unappreciated, the get-a-littles aren't going to be happy with that for long and the get-mores will want more and more and more-- and threaten to portal if they don't get what they think they can get elsewhere. Not only are schools having to recruit new players, they're having to continually rerecruit existing players and invest a lot of time and money in keeping players monetarily content and teams cohesive. We're already seeing it.

It's difficult to contract, difficult to enforce, difficult to manage and difficult to maintain. It'll have to evolve-- and it will.

Where's the lie in anything I said?
Here found it!
“Yeah... He should... It's the Heisman. You win the Heisman for being the greatest even when the chips are down. Greatness stills rears its head. He showed signs of quitting long before the game ended.

So he didn't have his top two receivers most of the game... Still had better receivers, linemen, and RBs than most every other team in college football. Not even mentioning the best coach in the history of football on the sideline.”

If the SEC fixes these teams from flopping all over the field then they will really have their hands full with this offense. Heups offense in his 2nd year really improves from his 1st year. I am more worried about T Banks being able to get the job done.
If they fix flopping it will also slow us down, just watch. They’ll start a mandatory 3-second hold every play. They’ll cite that more plays means more potential for injury. To fix flopping, they’ll kill tempo. Bah.

How would you say they are different? UGA definitely upped the recruiting game/price$ when Kirby got to town. Alabama has been doing it for a while

aTm took it next-level. There's a big budget differential in sliding $100K or $150K under the table for select elite players vs. paying out $1+ mil x 20-25 for a recruiting class. If UGA and Bama were all-in on doing that, Kirby and Saban would have quietly upped their game. They spoke out because they don't like being outbid at their own game.

I agree we have to find a LB opposite of Banks who are just as good or better and then we need our 2nd team LBs to not be a drop off from our first team guys which also goes across the entire defense.
Milton to LB? It'd be quite the story.

aTm took it next-level. There's a big budget differential in sliding $100K or $150K under the table for select elite players vs. paying out $1+ mil x 20-25 for a recruiting class. If UGA and Bama were all-in on doing that, Kirby and Saban would have quietly upped their game. They spoke out because they don't like being outbid at their own game.
Will UT ever contend for a national title in these circumstances?

Georgia earned it fair and square

Wouldn't have mattered if the starting WR's were out there if Bryce Youngs head was still getting knocked off his shoulders.[/QUOTE]
Disagree. Once UGA figured out all Bama had was short passing, they could pretty much go all out for him every play. Young and the receivers were not in sync. And when they were , they dropped catchable passes .

Reactions: SmokinBob
If the SEC fixes these teams from flopping all over the field then they will really have their hands full with this offense. Heups offense in his 2nd year really improves from his 1st year. I am more worried about T Banks being able to get the job done.

I still say if a player goes down with an injury (fake or otherwise) they need to sit for the remainder of the series OR until a timeout is taken.

If they fix flopping it will also slow us down, just watch. They’ll start a mandatory 3-second hold every play. They’ll cite that more plays means more potential for injury. To fix flopping, they’ll kill tempo. Bah.
Saban and Bieliema already tried that…didn’t work.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back