Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah..with their two best WRs out...why are people so blind they don't understand that? Young carved them up like the turkey they are when he had the weapons to do it.
Lol my pops was like "ehhh, those WR's wouldn't have made that big a difference", never known my pop's to smoke crack before but last night apparently was the night

I will never understand you people that are against an at least 8 team playoff..it is weird. I have ALWAYS hated the dumb crap they do in major college football to decide a champion.
I'm in the minority here......but I'd love to see it go back to the way it was before the BCS. I know it will never happen.
Split NC's............who cares. It was something that made D1A college football unique.
More money is great, but it can ruin things as well.

I'm in the minority here......but I'd love to see it go back to the way it was before the BCS. I know it will never happen.
Split NC's............who cares. It was something that made D1A college football unique.
More money is great, but it can ruin things as well.
is it really great for fans though? last night sucked

Reactions: YNWAvols
So, in reality, unless a surprise happens, we have one legit shot at a high school prospect, and that's the Mitchell kid choosing between us and Florida.

So the only way to add to our class is through the portal. And per AP last night, we aren't recruiting anyone in the portal.

Remember folks people will try and tell you “STARS DONT MATTER” and those people are liars and they love to point at the few cases where INDIVIDUALS over achieve their ranking. The TEAMS winning all are 4-5 star loaded. Going to be a long time before we even sniff an SEC championship much less a real shot at a title. College football has allowed teams blatantly cheating before NIL ruin the entire product. Only 2-3 teams annually have a shot. There is no parity.
Stars do matter but where people get it wrong is that you don’t come out of the gate recruiting like a champion….. you have to build and when you reach the point where you can compete for championships….. the stars will match the coaches evaluations if they are good at their job…. The worse mistake a growing program can make is taking a guy based off stars and he ends up being a flop….. look at a lot of pruitts kids and Butch Jones recruits…..we need to lock down the state for kids that we want and steal good players from neighboring states that are struggling…. Get a few from Georgia/Florida bc there are so many kids available….. maybe a few random kids outside the area and we will be back to competing with the better teams in the nation.

I'll be honest, at this point BCS was a better system imo.

Wider playoffs will allow non conference teams with 1 losses to sneak in and get a shot they really didn't earn. All you need to tweak is the "auto-bids" for bowls. So that the top 6 bowls are matching up 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, etc. so the top 12 teams have a meaningful game still to play.
BCS was a f'n joke

Well he deserves some credit for being able to have superior talent then. I mean he's doing something right, 81.5% winning percentage and he's been there 6 years in the SEC isn't something bad coaches do.
He doesn't get credit from me for 💩. Ask Atl why Georgia suddenly started stacking talent like cordwood.

Well he deserves some credit for being able to have superior talent then. I mean he's doing something right, 81.5% winning percentage and he's been there 6 years in the SEC isn't something bad coaches do.
And I'm going to say this again...play Heupel with equal talent and Josh would drag his bum ass.

What in the hell am I missing with all the South Carolina love? Their coach acts like Butch Jones.
They beat a terrible florida team, beat a mediocre UNC team, but had a terrible roster. They overachieved greatly and media believes it's due to coaching. They also got Rattler so they believe Beamer will have a solid year next year, that's the only thing I can think of.

Last edited:
So, in reality, unless a surprise happens, we have one legit shot at a high school prospect, and that's the Mitchell kid choosing between us and Florida.

So the only way to add to our class is through the portal. And per AP last night, we aren't recruiting anyone in the portal.

they decided to say **** it

Maybe but I really don't think TN wants to entertain players making that kind of money. I think they're threatened by it. They don't want the boosters to have that much power and I think they are frightened that donor dollars could go to the players instead of their coffers.

A&M was rumored to have secured $25-$30M in NIL money on one class. Just think if that money was money that would have gone to the AD.

Tennessee is and will always be reactionary. They're fully prepared to sit back and let the big boys figure this out. If it the current trend continues they'll have a choice to make whether to play ball or sit back and watch from afar.
And the moon landing was staged. And there are alien spacecraft in Area 51. And there is a bigfoot. And there is a lochness monster that is actually a dinosaur. Your opinion sounds more like some creative conspiracy theory stuff.

banks better start earning that money

They beat a terrible florida team, beat a mediocre UNC team, but had a terrible roster. They overachieved greatly and media believes it's due to coaching. They also got Caleb Williams so they believe Beamer will have a solid year next year, that's the only thing I can think of.
Rattler

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back