Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
White Castle traces the origin of the hamburger to Hamburg, Germany with its invention by Otto Kuase.[10]
How is White Castle an 'invention'?

Someone had leftover scraps from the cow. With no refrigeration the entrails got thrown on two pieces of enriched bread, with crappy pickle and some day old cheese. That's like falling forward and decrying gravity is yours.

Another "can't win the big one" narrative busted last night. Kirby Dumb, 40 years, yada, yada, yada.

There are only 2 teams in the country who can line up with overall team talent like that. Bama was playing short handed at key positions as McGill pointed out. Georgia won. With former walk-on Stetson Bennett at QB. No 5 star ranking at the most key position on the field.

There are many ways to get to the top. Some of it involves good fortune. Some of it involves trusting guys who don't look good on paper or in practice to make plays.

We will not be doing it by out-talenting UGA and Bama anytime soon or possibly ever. We know Heup can out scheme teams on O, including both Bama and UGA, and score a lot of points in short bursts of time. The playbook was not even halfway open this past season. We know Clemson beat Bama twice for the NC with less overall team talent and a stud at QB. For star watchers that is not disputable - look at the class rankings. For all the rest of us, we saw better scheming on D, discipline and intensity pushing them over the top. Those are keys to Venables type D's. Clemson was the program that forced Saban to rethink his approach and offensive philosophies. Venables had just enough to keep them in games against elite teams while the O scored a lot of points.

So, how do we counter that with our D, knowing that like Clemson was back then, we are not going to get the top three recruiting class every year? That question will be answered over the next couple of years IMO. It starts with the DC - is Banks the DC who can get it done? Based on PSU D's, his schemes will work. Will he and his staff be able to recruit at a high enough level and develop the secondary? We know Garner can handle the front end - it's the back end I am most concerned about. Bama showed last night that inexperience and/or poor technique can cause you to lose football games even against the Stetson Bennett's of the world. Next season will tell us a lot. Can the D take a major step forward? What say you, Willie and Tim?

specify man.

If you bet on the spread, you're saying Auburn will win OR lose by 3 or less basically. So if Alabama wins 70-67 and you bet on Auburn you'd win. And if you bet on Alabama -3 they'd need to win by at least 4 points for you to win the bet.

Basically South Carolina can lose by 15 and you'd still win money betting on them.

Only if he can recruit at this level
Do you understand that Kurby isn't a "great recruiter"? He has a machine buying players for him just like Saban has for the last fifteen years.

I am old now, and it has taken a long time for me to understand this fact.."Great recruiters" are a myth, and always have been. It is all about who has the best, most efficient machine behind them.

Do you understand that Kurby isn't a "great recruiter"? He has a machine buying players for him just like Saban has for the last fifteen years.

I am old now, and it has taken a long time for me to understand this fact.."Great recruiters" are a myth, and always have been. It is all about who has the best, most efficient machine behind them.
Well, duh

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back