Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That "fumble" that gifted Bama 6 does not get called the same way if Young throws it either. Bama got their typical breaks and reasonable doubt.

UGA dominated that game. In spite of some awful play calls for UGA on drives that they were moving.

By the end of the game they had completely outmatched Bama. Mutants all over the field. Kirby built a monster.

Last edited:
Swain said on radio today otherwise..mentioned next years team will have multiple players with over 6 figure deals
We will see. We always seem to find our way in the bargain bin behind our rivals. I don’t see us being this good in the next 5-10 years. We can win 10 games but 10 win teams aren’t close to the level of play we watched tonight. There’s a huge drop off and with Kirby now having UGA the next dynasty it’s not going to be easy. We already play Bama every year and UGA. We would need a miracle to make the SEC championship game. We will see how “big” we spend over the next few years. Stars 100% matter 3 star players can 100% overachieve and be elite players but you don’t see any teams truly contending with majority 3 star players and don’t even try me with saying Cincy was in the playoff. They had no true shot at the title and if you aren’t recruiting a top 5 class you’ve got no shot.

Reactions: VolNash17
The reality is that we will never match the talent UGA/Bama currently have. There’s only so much talent to go around. The key is to getting back to the days where that talent was more spread out. Honestly the NIL thing along with the transfer portal may make this possible. Why go to UGA to sit for 2 years being just another face in the crowd when you can go somewhere else, start for 3 years, be the face of the team and get the money that comes with that.

On another note I think this may be the beginning of the end of Saban. How many more seasons will he work to build a championship team just to have his top talent opt out during the playoff so they don’t risk their NFL careers? I see him doing it a few more years, especially with UGA and A&M poaching his talent, but don’t think he will be coaching any more after 2025.
?? It’s the opposite of what you think lol. Yeah, players may go somewhere else for playing time but once they become superstars they’re transferring to Alabama or Georgia to win a title and get paid.

The portal effectively just made every other school a farm team for Alabama, UGA, and OSU.

Reactions: volsagain
If this Administration gets behind Heupel and pushes forward with NIL like Bammer and Georgia is doing To get players. I have NO DOUBT that Heupel with that elite talent could coach circles around both Smart and Saban… Need to step it up. We got the right coach

100%. Turned a 2 star dude into a 1000 yard guy in year 1. With like 8 career catches. My man Tillman was running wide open all year. Probably should have had 1500 tbh. Dude would have dropped 45 on UGA with or without Jameson Williams. Obrien is a bum

Right now offensive coordinators all across football are scratching their heads over Bama's play calling on that last drive. Why did they feel the need to throw those long passes with time on the clock and all 3 time outs??? Just doesn't make sense.
Same reason we did it against Purdue when we had a a real shot at a FG to win.

Right now offensive coordinators all across football are scratching their heads over Bama's play calling on that last drive. Why did they feel the need to throw those long passes with time on the clock and all 3 time outs??? Just doesn't make sense.
Copying Heupel strategy vs Purdue.

As a Dolphins fan, it really sucks thinking about the butterfly effect that occurred the second they decided to sign Dante Culpepper over Drew Brees back in 2005. Saban probably never takes the Bama job, Kirby Smart probably isn’t coaching at UGA and the Vols might be relevant in the college football landscape right now.
If Fulmer hadn't been fired, we would have had Tahj boyd and Bryce Petty, and playing with Wake Forest's coach as offensive coordinator.

We will see. We always seem to find our way in the bargain bin behind our rivals. I don’t see us being this good in the next 5-10 years. We can win 10 games but 10 win teams aren’t close to the level of play we watched tonight. There’s a huge drop off and with Kirby now having UGA the next dynasty it’s not going to be easy. We already play Bama every year and UGA. We would need a miracle to make the SEC championship game. We will see how “big” we spend over the next few years. Stars 100% matter 3 star players can 100% overachieve and be elite players but you don’t see any teams truly contending with majority 3 star players and don’t even try me with saying Cincy was in the playoff. They had no true shot at the title and if you aren’t recruiting a top 5 class you’ve got no shot.

10 wins would be great. Fantastic even. We have to get there before we can even realistically discuss competing for titles again.

I don’t think people realize we’re not out of the ditch yet. We’ve peeked our heads out a year or two since 2009, but we’ve never fully climbed out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
People say this every time Saban complains about anything.. and then he proceeds to do what he complained about better than anybody.
No doubt but that doesn't make it not true. I think it definitely levels the field. He was one of the best cheaters in the game. Not sure it was because of the way he cheated or the fact that the NCAA turned a blind eye to it. Kirby took the same tactics to GA. It's painfully obvious to me that this was exactly what skanky was assembling. His blue print was one dominant team from each division that wasn't a crossectional annual team and didn't play each other often in the regular season. Best route to have two teams in the national playoff. As insurance, make sure the other teams in the conference were as weak as possible. Texas A&M almost ruined their plan. NIL is destroying their plan as A&M seems prepared to spend ungodly amounts of money to purchase the best roster. Hence why old Nick is upset. He knows he doesn't have the built in advantage of a paid roster and actually at a disadvantage because he may not have the funds to match A&M.

This freaking sucks. UGA already had the talent but we desperately needed them to F this up and just make even the slightest bit of doubt creep into their heads about Kirby. It sucks that all the teams are playing meaningless football for 12 games when there are 2-3 teams that land the top 3 classes every year. It’s why I have began to watch and enjoy NFL more and more every year. So much more parody week to week. We can already pencil in this National Title matchup for the 3rd straight year next season and it honestly sucks.

Last edited:
No doubt but that doesn't make it not true. I think it definitely levels the field. He was one of the best cheaters in the game. Not sure it was because of the way he cheated or the fact that the NCAA turned a blind eye to it. Kirby took the same tactics to GA. It's painfully obvious to me that this was exactly what skanky was assembling. His blue print was one dominant team from each division that wasn't a crossectional annual team and didn't play each other often in the regular season. Best route to have two teams in the national playoff. As insurance, make sure the other teams in the conference were as weak as possible. Texas A&M almost ruined their plan. NIL is destroying their plan as A&M seems prepared to spend ungodly amounts of money to purchase the best roster. Hence why old Nick is upset. He knows he doesn't have the built in advantage of a paid roster and actually at a disadvantage because he may not have the funds to match A&M.

Not a coincidence that A&M is one of the first schools under investigation for NIL stuff.

Really just need a program changing QB which we can get if we land Nico (not saying Tayven can’t be good). And we need some defensive players in the worst way. We’ll have the offense. I have no doubt in that area.

As a Dolphins fan, it really sucks thinking about the butterfly effect that occurred the second they decided to sign Dante Culpepper over Drew Brees back in 2005. Saban probably never takes the Bama job, Kirby Smart probably isn’t coaching at UGA and the Vols might be relevant in the college football landscape right now.
Thanks, Miami.

Really just need a program changing QB which we can get if we land Nico (not saying Tayven can’t be good). And we need some defensive players in the worst way. We’ll have the offense. I have no doubt in that area.
I agree on the QB but I don’t see our lines being up to snuff with those two teams. We would have to recruit those level of players and there are other teams who already grab the limited few elite prospects at the top as well. Those players are just built differently. They are massive and fast and athletic. Our players look like rugrats compared to them.

That's me. Get that stud QB and get some big fast backers and DBs that attack the ball. Can score without a roster full of elite offensive talent. Get that OL developed. Would be a tough out for anyone

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Lol it’s just depressing listening to Kirk Herbstreit and Fowler talking about these two team’s recruiting dominance. We’ve got to get players. Got the coach now get behind him and push forward the NIL help

Kirby and Nick are excellent coaches, but none of their success happens without talented players. Tennessee’s success was built on the same principle. We NEED players, which is why I wasn’t happy when we didn’t real in Jared Verse. Other players will come available, but it seems like we need them all. Like.. yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back