Are we competitive in the NIL game?

WiseOlVol

If so, are we not signing more studs because of potential NCAA action?

If not, why not?

If not, why not?

No, other schools are either:

1. Contending for titles (i.e. UGA, Bama) AND/OR

2. Have head coaches, boosters, and admin aligned for a lengthy period

We aren't competing for titles and we've had no long term booster/coach/admin alignment in at least 15 years. That's why schools like UK are ahead of us in NIL. Schools like A&M have boosters in alignment with the coach and admin while we've had "factions" in our booster base for the better part of the past two decades.

White Danny is concerned with flushing some of the old fart knockers out of the lower west side seats in Neyland and ejecting those arena donors from their bargain seats on the sidelines of Thompson Boling, who usually don't even show up at the games, renovating parts of the old stadium for more premium seating, the university has probably been lucky to hang on to many of the local and regional athletic boosters while the football program has been in the wilderness, but I don't see an abundance of $100,000 annual NIL deals in East Tennessee to start matching the local, regional or national NIL compensation available for the top shelf talent at A & M, Alabama or Georgia. Winners always attract a crowd and viewers, such that dollars will follow W's, but the administration seems a little more concerned with premium seats, not playing Army next year and explaining away McDonald's bags of cash rather than engaging the NIL topic

If not, why not?
Players today want to win and dont really care about meaningless bowl games. so if they give UT a Bowl Ban or reduction in scholarships, wont affect the recruits any because NCAA issues doesnt even matter anymore.

Reactions: WiseOlVol
UT isn’t competitive in any aspect of NIL, their administration at any level, any of it.

So should I cancel my season tickets and give that money to this marketing firm? All NIL did was legalize pay to play. Texas A&M Bama are openly advertising $1 mil to any 5 stars coming to their school. It is very concerning. Wether you wish to admit it or not, compared to other top programs in the sec our admin comes up short. Good luck to you Sir,

The UT administration can't help with NIL deals.
They're running everything through Spyre Sports. If you guys want to just complain, be my guest. If you want to actually help the cause, go for it: https://www.spyresports.com/featured-project
That's just not being proactive enough.
Why put all your eggs in one basket?

That's a good place to start. But there needs to be way more visibility about how they operate, and Tennessee just needs MORE avenues to walk down.

Seriously...Jackson State signed the #1 recruit. Get creative!

There needs to be a STRONGER desire for Tennessee Sports to be strong again.

We just got rid of Cornbread for paying some really good players. Nuff said

VN Store

Back