Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we ever want to win a good amount again we need to not give a $hit about “tampering” we’re in the SEC. King of Cheats… Georgia Bama LSU Florida they’re all “tampering” by any means necessary. We aren’t going to catch them playing good boy school first model like Wisconsin does. We need the players and we need to get them into this system. Need Haslams to set up NILs and give Heupel a raise so he can donate to the NIL as well. Anything to get the talent. We can do all of that while presenting ourselves in a good front
Yeah, I don't disagree, I was just curious.

Staying patient imo. Only 5 spots left. Have to use them wisely and see what other movement occurs now and in Spring. Guys always move in the Spring.

Agreed. Ya bring in a SEC starting OL guy, a WR that could be a better version of the guy ya got returning in Tillman to help offset losing Velus & Javonta, and you bring in a Vol Legacy that is willing to PWO to add QB room depth.

I think being selective is the right way to go to help keep building the right culture/foundation.

Im not really following why you are using this example but most bettors did not trust off shore betting. Hence they did not use it. When its domestic and on your phone as an app, its a different ballgame.
And offshore was never legal. It was merely seen as a somewhat grey area (not really) but mostly it just wasn't going to be punished, so a few people did it. But yeah...99% of folks avoided it because they either figured it wasn't fully legal or didn't trust offshore sites.

No one really knows what kids were getting paid under the table. Or by how many different sources. There's no transparency, so who could really know? Only rumors. And it was artificially lower because the pool of people willing to do it illegally was much smaller. Now the real market values are appearing (though probably smooth out downward at some point).

Agreed. Ya bring in a SEC starting OL guy, a WR that could be a better version of the guy ya got returning in Tillman to help offset losing Velus & Javonta, and you bring in a Vol Legacy that is willing to PWO to add QB room depth.

I think being selective is the right way to go to help keep building the right culture/foundation.
I get what you're saying but "a better version of Tillman" may not be the description we're looking for. Tillman broke out and will likely be on some award watch lists entering next season.

I am a Steelers fan and the only way they wouldn’t make it is if the game was a tie….which is below a 1% chance….I really thought the raiders were just playing for a tie at the end. Really happy they made that field goal. Was a really good set of games in the NFL yesterday. Steelers, 49ers, Raiders all went into OT to win to get in the playoffs
Yep for sure. I have to get up at 0430, so I could not stay up for the Raiders game. I have to admit, I would have liked a tie better because, well, they're the Steelers. I do agree there were some great games yesterday.

I get what you're saying but "a better version of Tillman" may not be the description we're looking for. Tillman broke out and will likely be on some award watch lists entering next season.

Well Tillman was in year 4 and now enters year 5. Neyor had his breakout season in year 2. You also cherry picked part of my quote I said specifically "could be a better version of Tillman" and I stand by that 100%. He's the same size with 3 years of eligibility left I just hope he's good enough to hit the ground running in the SEC, but he'll have the benefit of Tillman to help keep defenses honest and a system that will scheme him into plenty of single coverage matchups.

And offshore was never legal. It was merely seen as a somewhat grey area (not really) but mostly it just wasn't going to be punished, so a few people did it. But yeah...99% of folks avoided it because they either figured it wasn't fully legal or didn't trust offshore sites.

No one really knows what kids were getting paid under the table. Or by how many different sources. There's no transparency, so who could really know? Only rumors. And it was artificially lower because the pool of people willing to do it illegally was much smaller. Now the real market values are appearing (though probably smooth out downward at some point).
It wasn’t illegal….. our government was pissed about and kept trying to figure out ways to stop it….. I gambled like crazy in offshore sites and never had an issue with it.

I really thought Mike Zimmerman was gonna be a good coach.

But the NFL is such a QB dependent league. If you don’t get one, you’re gonna be fired.

If I was an nfl head coach then I’d give up some of my salary to hire the best OC/QB coach out there.

Even Belichick looks average without a QB.

Parcells worst years was when he had average QBs.

Jimmy Johnson was failing in Dallas until Norv Turner was hired and revived Aikmans career. Etc etc etc.

Reactions: Volnut
I really thought Mike Zimmerman was gonna be a good coach.

But the NFL is such a QB dependent league. If you don’t get one, you’re gonna be fired.

If I was an nfl head coach then I’d give up some of my salary to hire the best OC/QB coach out there.

Even Belichick looks average without a QB.

Parcells worst years was when he had average QBs.

Jimmy Johnson was failing in Dallas until Norv Turner was hired and revived Aikmans career. Etc etc etc.
I've always found it bizarre that in a 32 team league, there are never more than 15 good NFL QBs at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back