Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stetson had a good game against Michigan, but I didn't really see anything that changes my opinion of him; a gutsy guy with good mobility and pocket sense, average arm strength and inconsistent precision. He made some throws that were 50/50 and paid off, like a couple of long heaves down the sideline where the Michigan DB blew coverage.

When I envision a great QB, I see one with high velocity precision passing who can see the field and dissect even good coverages if you give him 3+ seconds and some good receivers. Alabama has those things, at least moreso than Georgia does IMO I think we'll need a good game from Bennett AND a bad game from Alabama to pull this off.
Very reasonable post. A lot of times, the ultimate difference maker is QB play and Young clearly has the edge.

Stetson had a good game against Michigan, but I didn't really see anything that changes my opinion of him; a gutsy guy with good mobility and pocket sense, average arm strength and inconsistent precision. He made some throws that were 50/50 and paid off, like a couple of long heaves down the sideline where the Michigan DB blew coverage.

When I envision a great QB, I see one with high velocity precision passing who can see the field and dissect even good coverages if you give him 3+ seconds and some good receivers. Alabama has those things, at least moreso than Georgia does IMO. I think we'll need a good game from Bennett AND a bad game from Alabama to pull this off.
I hope Kirby gets explosive diarrhea the first play of the game and then the rest of the dog team ***** the bed after that

This is hilarious. I unfortunately had a similar experience with sugar free jelly bellies when I was flying out of Afghanistan to Kyrgyzstan to start the going home process. It was a miserable several hour process between the tent and the portapotty constantly and then just sheer misery holding it for the flight from Bagram to Kyrgyzstan. Something in those sugarless oils that they use to sweeten the candy are truly demonic. Never again.
Sent some to Kirby.

Ichthyologist, raconteur, mood swing cosmonaut
giphy.gif

Anybody else ever wonder whatever happened to White Jake from State Farm? One day we were hearing he sounded hideous, the next he was gone. Don't get me wrong, I like Black Jake from State Farm, I just find it odd that White Jake vanished as if he had never existed. Was it a body snatchers thing? Was White Jake from State Farm kidnapped and sold into human bondage? Is he locked in Patrick Mahomes basement? It's a mystery. I think the ID channel should do a special on it.
Obviously because of the way he sounded.
Or he was to white

I really hate all the positive momentum Kentucky has right now.

Like, I really hate it.

They’ve supplanted uscjr as my most hated opponent not names Georgia, Florida, or Alabama.

Don't know who the first two are. Why are we worried they got a benchwarmer from another school?

Yeah...I'm not giving them anything yet. I want to help get players, but this isn't the way if 30% is going to them. This is just a way for some greedy little 💩s to line their pockets with our fanaticism. I want 90-100% of anything I would donate to go directly to the players. I know and understand that any agency would have to have money for expenses, but this reeks of a few smart grifters figuring out how to get rich themselves.
Spyre has been in sports marketing for some years. Eric Berry just made a tweet supporting them the other day, as he's known and used them for years.

They have said 90% of these funds goes to players. 10% for overhead. And they're shooting to make it 100% in the future. 10% may not even mean much of a profit, if any, given all the events they appear to be setting up. Depends on the volume and scaleability, I suppose, but I digress. Imo their play is to build business relationships with these players that will pay off over the long run and build their brand by being the face of NiL for such a big university.

90/10 is better than most charities fwiw. I also hope they agree to and publicize about auditing these funds. I think that will give some assurance to (reasonably so) skeptical folks like yourself.

I'm all for it, but is that not tampering? I don't really care, and I hope we get everyone, just curious.
If we ever want to win a good amount again we need to not give a $hit about “tampering” we’re in the SEC. King of Cheats… Georgia Bama LSU Florida they’re all “tampering” by any means necessary. We aren’t going to catch them playing good boy school first model like Wisconsin does. We need the players and we need to get them into this system. Need Haslams to set up NILs and give Heupel a raise so he can donate to the NIL as well. Anything to get the talent. We can do all of that while presenting ourselves in a good front

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Raiders made it in. HAHA, suck it, Chargers!
I am a Steelers fan and the only way they wouldn’t make it is if the game was a tie….which is below a 1% chance….I really thought the raiders were just playing for a tie at the end. Really happy they made that field goal. Was a really good set of games in the NFL yesterday. Steelers, 49ers, Raiders all went into OT to win to get in the playoffs

Wow, looking at the transfer portal of players who've committed to other schools--- tons of talent... plenty of guys that could have helped in areas of need...

Still waiting to see what the staff is going to do... Or I guess they think we're good with what we've got... a WR and OL isn't gonna move the needle...
Staying patient imo. Only 5 spots left. Have to use them wisely and see what other movement occurs now and in Spring. Guys always move in the Spring.

I'm all for it, but is that not tampering? I don't really care, and I hope we get everyone, just curious.
I'd lean towards yes, but with plausible deniability.

It sucks there's such a stigma about the portal and risks that kids feel they have to go through backchannels merely to INQUIRE. Maybe there should be a 1-3 week period where a player can enter the portal with his scholarship still guaranteed, no harm, no foul, so he can merely talk to others without the risk of losing everything.

I really hate all the positive momentum Kentucky has right now.

Like, I really hate it.

They’ve supplanted uscjr as my most hated opponent not names Georgia, Florida, or Alabama.

There are 2 possibilities for where Kentucky’s program goes from here under Stoops:
1. he coaches his way into his next job; or
2. he doesn’t.

It's only tampering if the coaches are communicating with him. It is not tampering if Hendon Hooker is speaking with Payton Page, for example. Page could say, "hey man, ask Garner if he would take me if I wanted to transfer there." Or, Garner can say to Hooker, "ask your boy Page if he wants to come play for the GOAT." That's perfectly legal
Eh idk that is still communicating, just through a channel.

ESPN article says this is very prevalent, but also tampering. But I do think it gives you deniability at some level and makes it harder to investigate.

Screenshot_20220110-133135_Chrome.jpg

Welcome to college football's new 'wild, wild West': The era of tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back