Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else ever wonder whatever happened to White Jake from State Farm? One day we were hearing he sounded hideous, the next he was gone. Don't get me wrong, I like Black Jake from State Farm, I just find it odd that White Jake vanished as if he had never existed. Was it a body snatchers thing? Was White Jake from State Farm kidnapped and sold into human bondage? Is he locked in Patrick Mahomes basement? It's a mystery. I think the ID channel should do a special on it.

clown

271746540_4971161842902443_8115497553724431983_n.jpg

Would depend on the player and usage terms. Some athletes (non rev sports) can probably be had for hundreds depending on usage. But most rev sport athletes would fall in that range depending on what the usage from the shoot was.

Not a bad deal considering I can call a couple casting agencies for talent for a shoot and they’d quote me $x,000 for their talent and they’re just a pretty face.
Is there anyway that I can contact you or someone that can reach the player directly? Don’t want to go through spyre, want direct contact and 100% proceeds to player.

Anybody else ever wonder whatever happened to White Jake from State Farm? One day we were hearing he sounded hideous, the next he was gone. Don't get me wrong, I like Black Jake from State Farm, I just find it odd that White Jake vanished as if he had never existed. Was it a body snatchers thing? Was White Jake from State Farm kidnapped and sold into human bondage? Is he locked in Patrick Mahomes basement? It's a mystery. I think the ID channel should do a special on it.

Internets says he's no longer a call center employee for State Farm (which he really was, not an actor) and bartends and is a seasonal city employee in...Normal, Illinois. There's one way to avoid the spotlight.

Is there anyway that I can contact you or someone that can reach the player directly? Don’t want to go through spyre, want direct contact and 100% proceeds to player.
You could probably just tweet or DM the player of choice directly. I know some Vol players have tweeted out as much.

Nah. You know spyre probably takes 20-30% off the top. They’re leeches set up to make money off the back of NIL, much like sports agents

Nah. You know spyre probably takes 20-30% off the top. They’re leeches set up to make money off the back of NIL, much like sports agents
Exactly. There’s always a catch to having a middle man. Don’t do anything for free. If they were just setup as a direct contact to the players and they schedule their events, that’s one thing. But the whole give us the money and we promise to pay the players just doesn’t sit right.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Thought there was a post that said 90% of money raised went to the athletes, and the other 10% went toward overhead costs. Not sure if accurate tho.

I don’t feel good about it but I’ll be rooting hard for Alabama tonight.

I want to see Kirby fail. Again. With that ridiculously loaded roster.

And then I want to see a bunch of uga kids declare or portal out. All while the heat starts up under bowl cuts chair.

Imagine the SEC Shorts video that will follow!

Wonder if anyone will trade for Deshaun Watson this offseason? Just seems like the Texans are asking for too much in compensation for a QB that refuses to play for them and is facing legal trouble. It's hard to imagine a team willing to give up 3 first round picks for him. I could see risking A first round pick, but 3?? That seems ludicrous when you factor in all the women suing him.

Wonder if anyone will trade for Deshaun Watson this offseason? Just seems like the Texans are asking for too much in compensation for a QB that refuses to play for them and is facing legal trouble. It's hard to imagine a team willing to give up 3 first round picks for him. I could see risking A first round pick, but 3?? That seems ludicrous when you factor in all the women suing him.
If his legal trouble gets settled I could see someone making a move on him. Carolina, Miami and Pitt come to mind

Exactly. There’s always a catch to having a middle man. Don’t do anything for free. If they were just setup as a direct contact to the players and they schedule their events, that’s one thing. But the whole give us the money and we promise to pay the players just doesn’t sit right.
Yeah...I'm not giving them anything yet. I want to help get players, but this isn't the way if 30% is going to them. This is just a way for some greedy little 💩s to line their pockets with our fanaticism. I want 90-100% of anything I would donate to go directly to the players. I know and understand that any agency would have to have money for expenses, but this reeks of a few smart grifters figuring out how to get rich themselves.

Thought there was a post that said 90% of money raised went to the athletes, and the other 10% went toward overhead costs. Not sure if accurate tho.
That wouldn't be too bad, I understand 10%, and if it proves to be true then I will gladly donate to the cause, but I want to see it happen in truth.

My thoughts exactly… go try to steal a phenomenal coach from a decent lower level conference. Pay them barnes’ top 5 salary and I bet you we’ll see better play instead of consistently getting our heads beat in by Auburn, LSU and recently Alabama… seems like those programs are moving up while we’re stagnant

Yup, that’s what Texas did. Fired Barnes and hired Shaka Smart. Didn’t work out for them.

Never imitate Texas. They make rash decisions based on emotion and not fact.

Coaches put out a game plan. Players have to execute. Team didn’t execute. Refs almost never help us. Chandler and Fulkerson are still off. They are the key players this year. Once they get their mojo back, you will see a different team.

I will take the blame for the lsu and bama losses. When I am out of town and watch Vols basketball, they tend to lose. I knew better, but I was tired of studying for the medical conference. I thought, what can it hurt? Well now I know. Sorry VN. 😐

Yup, that’s what Texas did. Fired Barnes and hired Shaka Smart. Didn’t work out for them.

Never imitate Texas. They make rash decisions based on emotion and not fact.

Coaches put out a game plan. Players have to execute. Team didn’t execute. Refs almost never help us. Chandler and Fulkerson are still off. They are the key players this year. Once they get their mojo back, you will see a different team.

I will take the blame for the lsu and bama losses. When I am out of town and watch Vols basketball, they tend to lose. I knew better, but I was tired of studying for the medical conference. I thought, what can it hurt? Well now I know. Sorry VN. 😐
Shaka was the hottest coaching candidate at the time, it didn't work out but I don't think anyone would go back and call Texas stupid for what they did.
Kinda like Mullen in football at UF he was the hottest candidate out there. Going back to 09 with TN and Kiffin who was a hot candidate.
Hires don't always work out but you can't blame a school for shooting their shot with someone they like

Honestly looking back at his record, Coach K being hired at Duke at the time looks awful. He barely had over a .500 win percentage and had a losing season the year before he was hired at Duke. Talk about getting lucky in the crap shoot.

I don’t feel good about it but I’ll be rooting hard for Alabama tonight.

I want to see Kirby fail. Again. With that ridiculously loaded roster.

And then I want to see a bunch of uga kids declare or portal out. All while the heat starts up under bowl cuts chair.

Feel the same but can't force "rooting for Bama" out, verbally or in written form.
Have decided on "wishing more misfortune on the carriers of mange than on the evil elf and the toothless forces of crimson".

Just rolls off the tongue a little more naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back