Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, what are the benefits then? If they will tax your own money if they decide any kind of college is not for them.
It grows tax free for education. I guess if you see absolutely no way you or your child will use it for qualified withdrawals, then it would hurt. Especially since rate of return is currently less than the 10% penalty. I’ve been averaging 8%, barely outpacing inflation. But mine is still young.

Really interesting to see how successful FSU is in the Transfer Portal game.

2022 College Football Transfer Portal

see the column on the far right in link (below the ad probably :p)

SUPER interesting to see some of these names that we chased here.

I didn't remember that Morven Joseph had transferred to Florida Atlantic in December?

Last edited:
Let’s talk D. Am I correct in these are the four players we are losing that had any significant production?

DL - Butler & Blakley
CB - Alontae & Theo

In both spots we return a ton of contributors around them…to me the portal panic is a bit overdone, plenty of experienced players to develop and some other young promising guys to step up (Charles, Mohan, Willis, Turnage, Harrison, Baron, ect)

Yesterday was the hardest day of my life, I had to bury my 36 year old youngest brother, who committed suicide. No matter how much we tried to tell and show him that his life matters, he refused to see it. We stopped him 3 times in 2021. On January 2nd he took his life. Leaving behind 2 young boys, a mom and 2 brothers searching for answers.

I want you all to know that your life does matter and others lives will be shattered if you follow through. We are beyond broken. If you are struggling talk to someone and try to get help. If you need to talk to someone my name is Barry and you can get in touch with me (615) 519-9283. I will find you help. I don’t want another family to go through this same situation. You aren’t alone.

Prayers for my family would be appreciated.

Totally random thought. @Freak has Volnation considered a Tranfer Portal Forum. I love the Recruiting Forum, jump over to the FF and others at times too. However, the recruiting forum and FF are cluttered thanks to the portal and NIL.

Let’s talk D. Am I correct in these are the four players we are losing that had any significant production?

DL - Butler & Blakley
CB - Alontae & Theo

In both spots we return a ton of contributors around them…to me the portal panic is a bit overdone, plenty of experienced players to develop and some other young promising guys to step up (Charles, Mohan, Willis, Turnage, Harrison, Baron, ect)
butler and bailey??

Yesterday was the hardest day of my life, I had to bury my 36 year old youngest brother, who committed suicide. No matter how much we tried to tell and show him that his life matters, he refused to see it. We stopped him 3 times in 2021. On January 2nd he took his life. Leaving behind 2 young boys, a mom and 2 brothers searching for answers.

I want you all to know that your life does matter and others lives will be shattered if you follow through. We are beyond broken. If you are struggling talk to someone and try to get help. If you need to talk to someone my name is Barry and you can get in touch with me (615) 519-9283. I will find you help. I don’t want another family to go through this same situation. You aren’t alone.

Sorry Barry, prayers of comfort and peace in this difficult time.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

It grows tax free for education. I guess if you see absolutely no way you or your child will use it for qualified withdrawals, then it would hurt. Especially since rate of return is currently less than the 10% penalty. I’ve been averaging 8%, barely outpacing inflation. But mine is still young.
Same returns here. Luckily have several years to go tho.

Prayers for you and your family!🙏

I am so sorry - my heart hurts for you.

Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time. God has a plan though we may question and wonder why, He is in control! Perhaps you/your family will be able to help someone else facing similar situations.

The benefit is that you can save for secondary education tax free. I think you can also roll it over to another 529 account if you have another child. You would pay income tax on it otherwise, so there isn’t much downside.
Ahhh, i got it now. Wow, that’s a pretty good plan. Thank you

So Sorry for your loss. Praying that God will comfort you and your family and reveal His will in your lives.

So sorry. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Perspective really hits home here. Losing out on a recruit ain't $#@!. College football, sports in general, is a speck of sand on a beach compared to real life.

Absolutely have you and his family and friends in my thoughts. Praying you guys have peace and understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back