this team is just hard

Rick Barnes is a great man, great recruiter, and a great ambassador, but he hit his ceiling with Grant and Admiral and Bone. His offense is simply not good enough in today’s game.
He’s doing what everyone else is doing now. All rim shots and threes. Nothing mid range. Y’all called Nate Oats a genius for it.

$5M a year for sh!tty basketball

It's always about the money, it seems. I remember this fan base complaining about John Chavis until 35 year old Lane Kiffen fired him. He had given his entire adult life to this university and on the day of his firing he was making $250,000. Two weeks later he signed a multiyear contract with LSU for $800, 000. Suggest you stick to the X's @ O's...you clearly don't understand finance in a conference engaged in an arms race.

He’s doing what everyone else is doing now. All rim shots and threes. Nothing mid range. Y’all called Nate Oats a genius for it.
The strange part is it just seems like when we go cold from 3 we can’t do other things either…there was 4-5 missed layups that should be gimmies, but add those in to sub 30% shooting from deep and it looks really bad.

Fulkerson needs to graduate, I appreciate his heart but he does not play like a 5th year senior on offense

Did you ever play basketball? When you are 6 foot 9 and a 7 footer is guarding you and you are coming off of COVID-19 its hard. No wonder recruiting is so hard in Knoxville. A lot of our fans have no clue about the game.

to watch. Have been all year. I will pick it up in the second half. With all of the talent that the team has you would think they could blow Ole Miss away.
I don’t understand this team. It’s like they are bipolar or schizophrenic. Maybe both. The coaches have to be extremely frustrated. I know I am.

The strange part is it just seems like when we go cold from 3 we can’t do other things either…there was 4-5 missed layups that should be gimmies, but add those in to sub 30% shooting from deep and it looks really bad.

BTO...I always believe the term "layup" is a term meaning uncontested as in warn up layup line. In that context...none of our missed "layups" were uncontested. Sometimes in a very physical game where referees have made it clear no-blood-no-foul and you miss what everyone thinks you should have made...tip your hat to Mississippi's defense and move on.

Our ball movement and shooting is pathetic

Did you ever play the game? If so you must know that the other team has a vote in your performance. Why do you think Mississippi had 27 turnover? Because our defense through film study, scheme and hard work caused them. For goodness sake if you are going to complain try harder.

If there's a team that misses more shots at the rim than Tennessee in major college basketball, I'd hate to see it.

Mississippi gives us fits every year in basketball and their defense is solid.

I still have Elston Turner and and Marshall Henderson nightmares. One of Mears’s huge misses was not getting Elston in orange (class of 1977). Perhaps it was too soon after the A-E riot in Stokely and Woodruff wouldn’t allow it. That recruiting window would have also overlapped with CRM’s deteriorating health.

Yeah, I just walked in the door and surprised of the score. I think I my expectations are too high for this team as final 4 is not possible with poor shooting.
How many times do we blame it on poor shooting. At what point do we call it what it is. Barnes is not a good offensive coach. Period. End of story.

Did you ever play basketball? When you are 6 foot 9 and a 7 footer is guarding you and you are coming off of COVID-19 its hard. No wonder recruiting is so hard in Knoxville. A lot of our fans have no clue about the game.

I did and I am not sure you did if you think a 6-9 forward can’t get around a 7 foot center. This isn’t 1975, playing with your back to the rim is a thing of the past. Most NBA teams rarely play with a true center any longer. Fulkerson is slow off the dribble and has zero upper body strength but he has a lot of heart which makes up for many skills he lacks but that has a limit. After five years Fulkerson is a known quantity, he is an above average small forward.

I think we can give him a one game break since he was probably bedridden last week
Give him two and get other Young bigs experience. Love the guy, but his sense of urgency is not there . It’s natural been here for a while. Coach got to find an inside threat And stop the 3 pt “what not”. Inside then outside…..jmho

Did you ever play the game? If so you must know that the other team has a vote in your performance. Why do you think Mississippi had 27 turnover? Because our defense through film study, scheme and hard work caused them. For goodness sake if you are going to complain try harder.
Oh sorry, that was a fantastic offensive performance against a stellar Ole Miss defense

Rick clearly needs to hire an assistant who's a whiz at coaching offense if he has any aspirations of a tournament run.
Landing a lofty recruiting class isn't going to impress anyone in the long run if they can't score and he doesn't seem to have it within himself to bring out their best.

So you’d presumably have no qualms with him if he were making 500k. Got it.
Absolutely not. Then we would be getting our money’s worth. Would you have a problem driving a Nissan Altima if you paid the same price as a Maserati cost? Value does matter….

How many times do we blame it on poor shooting. At what point do we call it what it is. Barnes is not a good offensive coach. Period. End of story.

When the bunnies start to go in. Offense feeds off of defense and the players didn’t execute. 22 points off of 27 turnovers. That’s on the shooting. Period. End of story.

I think we can give him a one game break since he was probably bedridden last week
There's always something with him....always. Maybe they just need to bubble wrap him for a few weeks then slowly bring him along so he's rested and not too rusty when tournament time rolls around?

VN Store

Back