How freakish do you think the win over UF was?

Again, our offense shows very little to be excited about. . . .unless we're hitting the deep ball. If we can keep it up, I am convinced that our inside game will also improve dramatically.

Both. Most of it was Floridas horrific D. They gave us all the time in the world to set up for those 3's

The part that many are missing may be the most vital. It is obvious that Tennessee was a team that was being criticized daily up through the first half of the season on their "horrific" half court D...and believe me I will be the first to admit it was at times it was, but after the last few games anyone should be able to see a vast improvement on the half court defense. I realize that calathes rested quietly on the bench in foul trouble but still yet held the gators to the lowest scoring half of the season.

Anyone who knows basketball could tell the gator zone was totally ineffective but you can't convince me that our shooting tonight was a complete and total fluke we have some very good shooters that have lacked confidence as of late and this sluff back zone may have been just what they needed to gain it.

The offense still needs work, but if they can hit some of those 3's it will help loosen things up down inside. The defense i thought played very well. Florida is a good perimeter shooting team and we locked down on them. That was good to see for once.

The offense still needs work, but if they can hit some of those 3's it will help loosen things up down inside. The defense i thought played very well. Florida is a good perimeter shooting team and we locked down on them. That was good to see for once.

I wish they would take it to the hole. Tatum, Scotty, Maze, etc. Especially Scotty. They fall in love w/ the 3 way too much, and this team has the driving ability. When you drive, you can kick for an open shot. Its sometimes that simple.

i couldnt agree anymore than wha was previously said on here, the point is that they hit their 3's. Every team after the old spice classic realized the we cant shoot. so they played a slouching zone and dared us to shoot,and left us wide open, AND WE STILL COULDNT MAKE THEM. tyler has been that wide open all year and everyone has been daring him to shoot, same with most the players. the point is that there hitting open 3's and even some contested and thats all we need. Just eough to make opponents respect our shot so that they wont slouch 5 guys inside the line. If we can hit our 3's at a decent clip, then that will improve every aspect of our game, inside and out. The defense has improved dramatically as well, and the communication seems to be alot better, its great to see.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back