How freakish do you think the win over UF was?

MemphisVol

What I mean is, while the guys were obviously having one of those magic nights, how much of what we saw was them finally playing up to their actual ability and how much was 'every dog has his day'....?

Some of both. Tyler Smith could have written a term paper while setting up for ihs 3s.

Both. Most of it was Floridas horrific D. They gave us all the time in the world to set up for those 3's

I'd agree on the Gators D, except I thought they did a hell of alot better the 2nd half than the first.

They did some things they haven't done well all year. If they cut down on the 2nd half mistakes and lazy play at times, they win by 25. Still better performance from those that must. Chism was covered up all night in the zone. Nice to see Maze, Hopson, and Tatum step up and play well.

They did some things they haven't done well all year. If they cut down on the 2nd half mistakes and lazy play at times, they win by 25. Still better performance from those that must. Chism was covered up all night in the zone. Nice to see Maze, Hopson, and Tatum step up and play well.

My favorite part of the night was Maze. Out of all the things to feel good about, that was definitely my favorite. We really need a more solid group of guards, and, maybe I'm dreaming, but I thought Maze put in the most genuine (least 'magic influenced') performance tonight. I think (am desperately hoping) that this was his coming-out party, and we'll be seeing almost the same level from him from here on out.

Calathes picking up his 2nd foul 3 minutes into the game pretty much buried Florida offensively.

The way we have been shooting threes all year, as an opposing coach I would have dared us to shoot the three.

Unfortunately, probably really freakish. Although, I'm not going to complain if that's how they shoot for the rest of the year... but that's unlikely.

It was both, but I dont think we will shoot like that again this season. Our defense needs to be like that every game.

Off topic, but I just notice the banner at the bottom of the page, and I've got to say that whoever came up with the idea of showing a bunch of picture of cute girls and directing us to mate 1 is a marketting genius.

We had nice contributions all down the line up, which has not happened much this year. Lately it has been Chism that has carried us, so it was nice to see Hopson and others getting into the act.

Pearl is 6-1 against BD. Nothing freakish about that.

hey freak

Off subject here, but I just noticed you rearranged the forums a little bit. Are we to assume that you're make the basketball forum a permanent thing?

hey freak

Off subject here, but I just noticed you rearranged the forums a little bit. Are we to assume that you're make the basketball forum a permanent thing?

That is the plan...as long as there is enough activity in the football forum during the off season to justify it.

VN Store

Back