Regression in 2022

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
Based on what I saw in the bowl game, I think we see our wins hold at 7 or regress to 6. In not seeing much at the moment showing the team will take a step forward. Our D will almost certainly be worse and our o-line likely won’t be much better.

I think year 3 is when we see CJH take us up a rung on the latter.

Thoughts?

Based on what I saw in the bowl game, I think we see our wins hold at 7 or regress to 6. In not seeing much at the moment showing the team will take a step forward. Our D will almost certainly be worse and our o-line likely won’t be much better.

Thoughts?

Nah. Heupel will go all in on defense in the portal. That was really the missing key this year.

Thoughts?
Too much experience and also young talent to take a step back. I think 8 wins is the floor next year…bowl game included of course

Nah. Heupel will go all in on defense in the portal. That was really the missing key this year.

I partially agree. Defense was a big factor, but we are also missing guys on offense that can man handle their 1v1s. Our offense clicks well in the first half because we scheme to get guys in open space. We slow down when they scheme to cover it, and usually it’s with man coverage. We need some dogs on the outside that can beat man coverage consistently. Right now we only have 1 guy that really does that. We need 2 at a minimum.

I think CJH will raid the portal for defensive players...He'll get something good built here but damn lets practice a little patience this time and not try and run him off....He's been the only one who I think is geniune in what he says and does and he is clearly all in with us so lets give him time to build and We'l have us a contender hopefully soon...Plus I just like the guy and his style.

O line should have more depth. Running back as well with the addition of Williams, and another freshman I can’t remember the name of. Defensively linebacker can’t be worse than it was this year. Need Willis to step up and be able to produce. I’m more concerned about the secondary. Burrell is just never going to cut it.

I partially agree. Defense was a big factor, but we are also missing guys on offense that can man handle their 1v1s. Our offense clicks well in the first half because we scheme to get guys in open space. We slow down when they scheme to cover it, and usually it’s with man coverage. We need some dogs on the outside that can beat man coverage consistently. Right now we only have 1 guy that really does that. We need 2 at a minimum.

Not to be argumentative, but we just scored more points in a season than we’ve ever scored in the history of our program.

Thoughts?
Don’t see the defense getting worse honestly. Should add some talent there and have a little better results. Offense all these guys were only in that system one year.

Regardless, our fan base needs to practice some patience and understand that progress doesn’t always mean winning more games than the prior year.

I try to look at the bright side. Whether we win or lose doesn't really matter unless you are playing in the championship game. The bowl bid did get us the extra practice time, the extra game time for our players, some reward for their year of hard work and exposure time to the TV audience. Whether we won or not is pretty insignificant. Who will care in a year about the outcome of an insignificant bowl? We accomplished our major objectives and hopefully it will pay off in next year's season.:cool:

It's going take a bit, coaching as well.
Purdue is a good example. They've stuck with Brohm. You can see the improvement and talent on that team.
Just to our North Kentucky stands out.
You've got to give the man a chance unless he pulls a stunt like baldy did.

I'm hopeful he can assemble a defense that can make the stops when it matters.
I also believe he needs to consistently put 45-50 on a team to take the official out of it.
I know they scored 45 last night.. problem is they can't stop anyone. We need 45- 21 type scores
Time and talent building will fix that.

Thoughts?

I think we regress in year 3. Milton or 1st year Jackson is a step back after HH.

There is a good chance that we regress in 2022. It is just going take time develop a team that competes. Despite the fact that we beat Scar and Ky, they may be in a better place than we will next year. Our defense looked atrocious and I am not hopeful that it will be any better next year. That said, we have no choice but to be patient and hope Huepel can eventually get it done. He has some growing to do, and the staff needs an upgrade at the defensive backfield. His UCF teams had classes ranked much lower and were competitive. Hopefully, he can do more with more.

No way, with the majority of the offense coming back and weaker schedule next year we win 9-10 games next year. We will pick up some defensive players in the portal.

Reactions: dduncan4163
It's going take a bit, coaching as well.
Purdue is a good example. They've stuck with Brohm. You can see the improvement and talent on that team.
Just to our North Kentucky stands out.
You've got to give the man a chance unless he pulls a stunt like baldy did.

I'm hopeful he can assemble a defense that can make the stops when it matters.
I also believe he needs to consistently put 45-50 on a team to take the official out of it.
I know they scored 45 last night.. problem is they can't stop anyone. We need 45- 21 type scores
Time and talent building will fix that.

Lol, no. Purdue is sticking with Brohm because he's the best they can do at the moment given their academic standards.

He's got an overall losing record, and this is his second winning season since his first season at the school. In three more years they'll be looking for a new coach after he posts two more losing seasons.

Reactions: CPVOL
I honestly never in my wildest dreams would’ve expected 7 wins this year. 4 maybe 5 tops. So that said, 8 wins is reasonable if we get help at the corners

Reactions: dduncan4163
Lol, no. Purdue is sticking with Brohm because he's the best they can do at the moment given their academic standards.

He's got an overall losing record, and this is his second winning season since his first season at the school. In three more years they'll be looking for a new coach after he posts two more losing seasons.
LOL. Point is they didn't fire him in three years

I try to look at the bright side. Whether we win or lose doesn't really matter unless you are playing in the championship game. The bowl bid did get us the extra practice time, the extra game time for our players, some reward for their year of hard work and exposure time to the TV audience. Whether we won or not is pretty insignificant. Who will care in a year about the outcome of an insignificant bowl? We accomplished our major objectives and hopefully it will pay off in next year's season.:cool:

Winning and losing should ALWAYS matter

Thoughts?
Could be correct. Next year may be more difficult than this year but we'll get going in CJH's third year.

Thoughts?

In 2022, I see 8 wins minimum with Hooker under center, and possibly 10 if the NCAA institutes a flop rule where an "injured" player is out for the series.

We will win against:

Ball State
Akron
UT Martin
Vanderbilt

We most likely will win against:
Missouri
South Carolina

We should take at least 2 of the following:
Pitt
Florida
Kentucky
LSU

Alabama and Georgia are still out of our range.

VN Store

Back