Low tier bowls be gone

SoddyAllVol

I know it’s highly unlikely because these games are all about the TV and sponsorship money…but what if a team had to win 8 games to be bowl eligible? It would save us the torture of these bojangles cheddar bo biscuit bowls and the like. Plus it would make the bowls mean more and maybe kids wouldn’t elect to sit out. Just a thought

I know it’s highly unlikely because these games are all about the TV and sponsorship money…but what if a team had to win 8 games to be bowl eligible? It would save us the torture of these bojangles cheddar bo biscuit bowls and the like. Plus it would make the bowls mean more and maybe kids wouldn’t elect to sit out. Just a thought
Tennessee in any bowl means something to me.

I’ll never understand this line of thinking. I have a serious question to anyone who thinks that there are “too many” bowl games….why not just watch something else instead? Why do you care?

What’s the torture? Just don’t watch them. Turn on Big Bang Theory reruns or something. If you were an up and coming team and only won 6 games would you want the extra practices to continue to build? Or if you were a senior and your team didn’t do as well as you hoped in your last year wouldn’t you want to go to one last game? Why do we care about how many there are? Watch something else. It gives me a chance to watch other teams I don’t get a chance to during the regular season.

I’ll never understand this line of thinking. I have a serious question to anyone who thinks that there are “too many” bowl games….why not just watch something else instead? Why do you care?
Over saturated. Diluted. Just takes away some prestige. Oh and yes I do do other things when a crappy game is on. Didn’t mean to offend you buddy.

I never understand why people whine so much about bowls. If you don’t want to watch no one is forcing you

Easy way to not be tortured

Dont watch...your tele does have an off button?

You ever speak ill of cheddar Bo biscuits again we are meeting at waffle house to fight in real life. Try me, punk.

I watched most of Auburn today and it was painful…their QB just isn’t good enough. It was like watching UT with JG. Houston was a good team - would finish 5th in the SEC East IMO - but Aubur’s offense was just awful and kept giving Houston the ball back. Their OL can’t block worth a crap - sure am glad we no longer have Will Friend. I wonder if Tank will change his mind and transfer.

Torture? You don't have to watch them. There are some people who like them. If we have to win 8 games then most of the SEC teams arent getting in but we have to watch teams like Minnesota, UCLA, Arizona St, etc.
No Thanks,

Not piling on but if a family member or friend had a young person on that team in said bowl game you might have a different take.
These are $$ makers for sure AND they serve as a reward for these programs.
You posed a legit question.

Reactions: tbh and SoddyAllVol
I think after this bowl season ends, some things are going to change. This season is probably the twilight of the toilet bowls.

Reactions: SoddyAllVol
Yep. If you think there is too much football, I hear Hallmark has a lot of movies out right now.

But seriously, if you think there are too many bowls, wouldn’t a simple solution be to just not watch the bowls you don’t want to watch?

VN Store

Back