more covid discussion from the basketball thread

Man you’re not being political at all. It’s a legit question. They were often conned into taking this vaccine under exactly what you said, the perception that it would keep them in games. Was always a complete lie. Hate to say this but if you’ve been vaccinated because you believed you were protecting those around you or those you come into contact with, you’ve been mislead, or allowed yourself to be mislead. Vaccine is only to generate an immunity response within your body to minimize symptoms. Has absolutely no bearing on those around you. At all. I’m not vaccinated. Won’t be. Don’t need it, cuz I’ve had it. Twice. If you feel you need it for your OWN personal health, that’s your choice. These athletes have been turned into pawns. And for nothing. Shameful.

Maybe a small part of this is correct, but if people don’t understand the flu vaccine, then they won’t understand this one either. It’s all about probabilities. The flu vaccine is 40-60% effective every year with the rest mitigating symptoms. This is just like it, and the numbers bear it out. My 70+ year old parents didn’t get it thinking they would avoid any sniffles at some point. They got it to reduce the chances of killing them. It’s really quite simple if people understand the science.

Kind of like if your young and in good shape you have better chance of dying in a car wreck on your way to get the vaccine than you do dying from actual covid… But by all means bend the science to your beliefs if it makes you feel better, even if it makes you look dumb af…
Then explain why ICUs are 10 to 1 unvaccinated to vaccinated? Thats. It bending science. That’s facts. I had to go into 12 COVID units in one week working with a hospital system. Same stats are repeated over and over in all hospitals.

East Tennessee hospital system:
Ballad Health: 91% of those hospitalized with COVID-19 unvaccinated
Look, I apologize because this is a touchy subject and usually I keep those things to myself. I have a differing opinion from yours and that’s ok. I respect yours. My only issue is this, it’s ok to catch Covid from a vaccinated person but it’s terrible to catch it from someone who is unvaccinated?
GBO!!

If this sh*t keeps spreading, they’ll probably end up canceling the rest of this season due to safety for the fans and players.

At this rate, you’ll have to end up getting 10+ booster shots due to more variants being discovered.

My only issue is this, it’s ok to catch Covid from a vaccinated person but it’s terrible to catch it from someone who is unvaccinated?
GBO!!

They are treated the same. That’s literally what the thread is about.

Fulk and JJJ (allegedly) were both vaccinated and allegedly, tested positive and are being held out regardless of their vaccination status.

It’s not about vaccine or no vaccine, it’s about, are you potentially contagious

I meaning the players. Why sit them out if there all vaccinated
because if they are infected they can transmit to others. That’s why we have people quarantine to prevent the spread in the community. And heck if you have the flu you should stay away from folks to but COVID is more deadly and more transmissible. Not just players can catch it, but their families, coaches, staff, etc…

Look, I apologize because this is a touchy subject and usually I keep those things to myself. I have a differing opinion from yours and that’s ok. I respect yours. My only issue is this, it’s ok to catch Covid from a vaccinated person but it’s terrible to catch it from someone who is unvaccinated?
GBO!!
It’s bad either way especially if your unvaccinated. I try to only share facts.

If true, I blame Memphis. We got the cooties from them just being in the same town. The whole city of Nashville should probably go get tested.
Last year, Nashville was hit hard by COVID19. Sounds like a repeat of last year. Hell, Tennessee was leading the nation in new COVID19 cases on a per capita basis as of last week.
Vanderbilt's football team played against South Carolina in 2020 and, IIRC, they had something like 50 players available for the game due to COVID19. They got their arses kicked that day, too.

May
At least 10 to 1 ratio of unvaccinated to vaccinated in ICUs. That’s a mess. So although you can still catch it if vaccinated your less likely to and a lot less likely to get really sick (90% less chance of Severe COVID). So getting vaccinated is helping for sure. It’s not even debatable.
Not true - Some folks will debate you that the world is flat! Lots of fools out there who will debate you that the statistics and science are fake

Sports cannot exist if our policies in 2021 (really 2022) exist in a March 2020 vacuum. Today’s decision by the CDC to reduce isolation periods is a fine first step, but there needs to be more done.

The sooner that we come to terms with the simple fact that this is now endemic, the better. You asked players to get vaccinated. They’re vaccinated. You told them if they’re vaccinated, they can play. Let them play. You can’t keep moving the goalposts, otherwise this will never end.

I’m not an epidemiologist, but it seems pretty clear to anyone with common sense that COVID cannot (and will not) be “defeated.” It’s out there. It will always be out there now. That’s just a fact.

but are they contagious? It’s not like college athletes only interact / get near other college athletes during game days.

Its a public health decision not to allow contagious people into public, if at all possible

Contagious with what? A disease that can't hurt others of that age and health whether they're vaccinated or not?

Not true - Some folks will debate you that the world is flat! Lots of fools out there who will debate you that the statistics and science are fake
Ballad health just reported 91% of COVID hospitalizations were unvaccinated. So they are making that up? And every hospital in America with similar stats is also making it up? That’s one heck of a conspiracy theory right there that hundreds of thousands of healthcare workers and executives are just fudging the numbers and part of some scam. A scam that is putting 29% of hospitals in the red (canceling elective surgeries and tests/scans that are money makers) and having to spend more on staffing. Geez!

VN Store

Back