Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Atlanta for the Hawks-Bulls game and saw the Pitt team busses next to State Farm Arena and the CFB Hall of Fame. Pretty Cool!

Attachments

• 20211227_183608.jpg
    20211227_183608.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: drvenner
I’ve seen this posted a couple times, while there’s obviously a possibility we pick guys up after spring ball, people forget/overlook last year was super unique when they passed the one time transfer rule in late April, so a lot more guys transferred late or during the summer in comparison to years past. If we take transfers, I’d expect a majority to be here before spring ball.

But I agree with you, surprised there hasn’t been more traction or more guys picked up than what we already have, gotta imagine once bowl games are done there will be a couple more targets that come on the radar.
Before instant eligibility, A lot of transfers happened after Spring games. No reason that should change.

Why are teams cancelling now? You worked all season and had almost no covid cancellations during the regular season yet now that it’s bowl time they reverse course at any given moment. Seems really dumb. This political bs won’t stop until the people wake up and say enough is enough.
Not sure what politics have to do with coaches (or ADs?) deciding they can't play with x number of players.

Fwiw they have to make decisions for dozens of young men. They sure as heck want to play...most earn huge bonuses for it. But they have to make large scale decisions as to what's in their players' and staff's best interests. I don't think they do it lightly nor would they choose to do so if it wasn't for an abundance of caution or care for others' or their opinions over their own bodies. They're all competitors, they wouldn't be in such a position if they weren't. They want to play I'm sure, but these aren't easy decisions, especially when it comes to deciding for others.

I mean Butch kicked JJ off the team for wanting to play against Candy.

The Gators had how many portal guys suit up and play for an interim HC that isn't even likely to be on staff for Napier and they still wanted to play.
No one hates Butch more than I do...that is not what happened lol

Reactions: BleedorangeinGA
Why are teams cancelling now? You worked all season and had almost no covid cancellations during the regular season yet now that it’s bowl time they reverse course at any given moment. Seems really dumb. This political bs won’t stop until the people wake up and say enough is enough.
They’re letting the mob outside of the program do their thinking for them. Most of these guys who do have it probably feel fine. Buck up and play.

My wife rolled her ankle and broke he fibula. Primary care doctor gave her a boot and pain meds and sent her on the way. Any of you guys/gals have any advice on what we should or shouldn't be doing.

Reactions: Orange Studs
They’re letting the mob outside of the program do their thinking for them. Most of these guys who do have it probably feel fine. Buck up and play.

Or is it possible that people are actually getting sick at a higher rate and feel bad? I don’t think that’s “political,” just the result of a disease becoming more contagious.

I only knew a few who dealt with Covid earlier, though those were severe cases. I now know literally over a dozen who have gotten Covid in just the last two weeks. Most have milder symptoms but report it being like the flu.

Or is it possible that people are actually getting sick at a higher rate and feel bad? I don’t think that’s “political,” just the result of a disease becoming more contagious.

I only knew a few who dealt with Covid earlier, though those were severe cases. I now know literally over a dozen who have gotten Covid in just the last two weeks. Most have milder symptoms but report it being like the flu.
When’s the last time they cancelled games for the flu? Stop testing people who are healthy. If you feel fine then there is no reason to test you.

Unless a player feels terrible his tail needs to be out there playing. Don’t care if he tests positive or not.

They shouldn’t be, and it’s been reported that they aren’t testing vaccinated, asymptomatic people. At least at UT. The positives should be those showing symptoms.

What you are seeing with some of these cancellations are teams in transition that also have players in the portal. Hawaii players don’t like their coach, A&M doesn’t have a QB, and Miami and Virginia have a new coach. I don’t know about BC or Boise State, but the portal and NFL draft put even more players out of a bowl game.

When’s the last time they cancelled games for the flu? Stop testing people who are healthy. If you feel fine then there is no reason to test you.
I don’t disagree with that; but the reports read as if there are a fair number of players who DON’T feel fine. What would you do with them? I would assume from the college program level, the goal would be to prevent them from getting other players sick, so you have enough guys available to play.

Reactions: Alwaysopen711
My wife rolled her ankle and broke he fibula. Primary care doctor gave her a boot and pain meds and sent her on the way. Any of you guys/gals have any advice on what we should or shouldn't be doing.
Did that in basketball. Unless she needs pins, a boot is the move. My ankle had the muscular shape to not need pins at the time so I had a boot for 8(ish) weeks. My talus took the bottom of my fibula mostly off and it healed. But I was 23 then. She can go to an orthopedic for a second opinion if she is concerned the boot isn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back