Potpourri

Yes, Emmett (non sibling) is very good. But Ellen is the star. Listen to her take on this Patsy Cline tune.

This is not a Patsy Cline song. This is a LeAnn Rimes song.

It was written by Bill Mack but made famous by LeAnn Rimes. Never sung by Patsy Cline.

LeAnn has some pipes and is grossly under recognized in modern music.

If I was able to bestow appropriate Xmas gifts to lv forum posters, here is the list.

To Coach J. a D1 assistant coaching position, complete with instruction book and new orange colored whistle.

To Gametime. an autografted picture of the GOAT recruit, Justine the magnificent Pissott.

To Smallvol1. a white hat of her very own, so she'll quit lusting after mine. lol

To darthie. A non-cynical heart filled with love for all things Big Orange.

To all the rest of us. A #9 LV nc within the next 4 months courtesy of CKJH.

Merry Christmas to all and to all best wishes for 2022

Thanks Gule....That would be one fine Christmas gift.

When Justine gets here, I call it AJ time (After Justine) the Lady Vols are going to terrorize women's college basketball...Justine and Buckets are going to "3 point bomb" the other teams into submission.

It's going to be Stupendous!!!!
E4_gQM_XwAAlfWD.jpg

If I was able to bestow appropriate Xmas gifts to lv forum posters, here is the list.

To Coach J. a D1 assistant coaching position, complete with instruction book and new orange colored whistle.

To Gametime. an autografted picture of the GOAT recruit, Justine the magnificent Pissott.

To Smallvol1. a white hat of her very own, so she'll quit lusting after mine. lol

To darthie. A non-cynical heart filled with love for all things Big Orange.

To all the rest of us. A #9 LV nc within the next 4 months courtesy of CKJH.

Merry Christmas to all and to all best wishes for 2022
Ditto Gule!

Reactions: Lucy and chuckiepoo
Thanks Gule....That would be one fine Christmas gift.

When Justine gets here, I call it AJ time (After Justine) the Lady Vols are going to terrorize women's college basketball...Justine and Buckets are going to "3 point bomb" the other teams into submission.

It's going to be Stupendous!!!!
E4_gQM_XwAAlfWD.jpg
Plus she is easy on the eyes GT (a quote from
Chet Atkins who played with Susy Boggus once)

Last edited:
Is this one of those logic questions?

Complete the pattern: Slim Pickens, Carl Pickens, Chet Atkins, _____.

Or is it an analogy?

Slim Pickens : Carl Pickens :: Chet Atkins : ____?

Rooster, who is that standing on the beer barrel in your Avitar? She is lovely.

Here's a little different look at the late great comedian, Sam Kennison...The guy could sing.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Is this one of those logic questions?

Complete the pattern: Slim Pickens, Carl Pickens, Chet Atkins, _____.

Or is it an analogy?

Slim Pickens : Carl Pickens :: Chet Atkins : ____?
Creek, apparently It’s my job to keep everyone on their toes?…..😉

Last edited:
Reactions: creekdipper
GT, it’s a random photo I thought was cute..I’m in my 50’s now but can still spot cute, hopefully that never goes away bud. Here is something amusing, the band above with the lady on the Bass is called the Swamp Shakers. They are a self proclaimed “rockabilly” band from Latvia of all places, I know right? They do a bunch of rockabilly and the drummer sings Elvis songs occasionally. They play primarily around Europe, apparently very successful playing that music over there, anyway I found that interesting. They are all over youtube, Merry Xmas all.

Last edited:
Someone posted a good cover band song above. Prob most of you have seen this already, but awhile back Zeppelin was being honored at the Kennedy Center, and many artists were asked to perform cover songs of their classics. The night ends with Heart covering stairway, and many today consider it the best cover song ever, you decide, but an interesting note, Jason Bonham, son of John Bonham is playing the drums. The ladies of Heart are older by now, but Nancy still plays a mean guitar and Anne can still bring the vocals.

Paige and Plant were brought to tears…it starts a little slow, but hang with it for the end, this is a song that needs the build up as you know, they brought in a killer lead guitar who is simply an assassin on the instrument, watch his virtuoso, Paige realizes the brilliance. and when Anne gets amped up on vocals later it pops like something awesome. Wait for the chorus band also, wow. The boys have aged now, but their music lives on. Put some ear phones on and crank it up for full effect.

Last edited:
Since you guys are posting cover versions, here's one of my new favorite artists doing a cover of a Gerry Rafferty tune. Posting the live version so you can appreciate the non-auto-tuned talents (the album version on youtube has more volume on the vocals).

Since you guys are posting cover versions, here's one of my new favorite artists doing a cover of a Gerry Rafferty tune. Posting the live version so you can appreciate the non-auto-tuned talents (the album version on youtube has more volume on the vocals).

Love it! Thanks creek

Reactions: creekdipper
Someone posted a good cover band song above. Prob most of you have seen this already, but Zeppelin was being honored at the Kennedy Center, and many artists were asked to perform cover songs of their classics. The night ends with Heart covering stairway, and many today consider it the best cover song ever, you decide, but an interesting note, Jason Bonum, son of John Bonum is playing the drums.

Paige and Plant were brought to tears…it starts a little slow, but hang with it for the end, they brought in a killer lead guitar who is simply an assassin on the instrument, watch his virtuoso….and when Anne gets worked up on vocals later it pops like something awesome. Wait for the chorus band also, wow. The boys have aged now, but their music lives on.

My favorite of all time. I watch this about once a week. Love Ann and Nancy anyhow, but they blew the roof off with this. And to have Bonham’s son on drums, priceless.

Dolly Parton’s version is spectacular as well if you’re a bluegrass fan!

Thx for that volball09, never saw it before. I also revisit the Kennedy Center Heart performance often, might be the best cover ever. Gives me chills tbh. I am a huge Zeppelin fan, took me a little while to appreciate the greatness of Heart version, I usually come around eventually, I’m slow……

VN Store

Back