'20 GA RB Jahmyr Gibbs (Bama Commit)

At which time Congress will be asked to step in. The Neon Deion caper is tip of iceberg and we are not even to spring transfer picks.
Deion can not match the bank accounts in Oklahoma and Texas. He only has enough for a player or two and that will be it.

Reactions: Carp
Step in and do what? The Supreme Court has ruled on the matter.
Yes, the SC did let the Genie out of the bottle and IMHO over the next few years NIL will be so abused that the NCAA will not step up to reign it in. For example hypothetically, Texas Senator A is asked by some rich Longhorn oil man to look into what A&M is doing. At the end of the day, I nor You have no clue yet how far out of hand NIL will get or even if it will get out of hand. Perhaps it will all be peachy king for years to come but I doubt it IMHO.

Yes, the SC did let the Genie out of the bottle and IMHO over the next few years NIL will be so abused that the NCAA will not step up to reign it in. For example hypothetically, Texas Senator A is asked by some rich Longhorn oil man to look into what A&M is doing. At the end of the day, I nor You have no clue yet how far out of hand NIL will get or even if it will get out of hand. Perhaps it will all be peachy king for years to come but I doubt it IMHO.

Maybe the NCAA needs to establish a separate division for teams that want play the NIL game. That should meet the legal requirements for an organization to meet the ruling. I mean we already have differentials for playoffs vs bowls and different numbers for schollies that range from 0 to 85 and 63 in between. In fact maybe they should allow any kid to sign a deal and since the deals cannot be linked to any school or performance numbers, let every kid in the NIL pool be subject to a lottery after he cuts his deal where all D1 or p5 schools have a ping pong ball. Wanna be a professional? OK. No way the companies interested in the players can require which school under the current ruling I DON;T THINK. May need to go back to one signing day and all NIL deals have to be complete before the next signing day. Get a deal for the following year, into the lottery you go. Wanna pay for a bunch of OL, OK. sign them. pay them and and wish them well in the lottery. This will insure they get money based on their value and their value alone.

So is this kid joining the stable of Bama backs, or is he returning to GT? I really wish he'd reconsider and come here. He'd be so good in this offense.

Since the NCAA can’t step in and change the law or act outside of it, I’m not sure what you want them to do. It doesn’t matter if we like it or not. So “stepping in” to circumvent the SCOTUS is not an option. SCOTUS’ job is to interpret the federal Constitution and decide which actions are and are not constitutional. They made the correct ruling in this instance.

I’m not really sure what you mean by the Senator illustration, but based on what little you described, that sounds like something that could happen pre-NIL.

Deion can not match the bank accounts in Oklahoma and Texas. He only has enough for a player or two and that will be it.

Yup. And literally everyone knows that player isn't staying at Jackson State long. He'll be in the portal in a year or two. And Deion doesn't care. His program is gaining popularity and he'll be using it as a recruiting tool to beat his rivals for similar recruits.

So is this kid joining the stable of Bama backs, or is he returning to GT? I really wish he'd reconsider and come here. He'd be so good in this offense.
He will be good no matter where he goes. I suspect he wants a high profile, championship contender. Not enough bling surrounding UT.

His end game is landing a top level P5 job…most likely FSU. Expect him to get bored and quit shortly afterwards.

I personally think it would be awesome to see Deion as HC at Florida St. The possibilities are endless in that soap opera. Could be a massive victory and he puts together an site squad or could burn the whole dang place down

There's gonna be alot of pressure put on large businesses to support HBCU going forward. The businesses will crumble. This is just the beginning.

His end game is landing a top level P5 job…most likely FSU. Expect him to get bored and quit shortly afterwards.

Not sure if he’s just playing hard to get, but it’s been said a couple times on barstool shows by him and others close to him that he wouldn’t take the FSU job now after how he felt he was treated last go around.

Not sure if he’s just playing hard to get, but it’s been said a couple times on barstool shows by him and others close to him that he wouldn’t take the FSU job now after how he felt he was treated last go around.
When he had no coaching experience whatsoever? 😏

Ok so Barstool. That’s the only reason? I guess it couldn’t have anything to do with JS just so happens to be coached by one of, if not the best DBs to ever play and Hunter is a DB?
Deion was the best DB ever because he was a generational athlete, that doesn't always translate to being a good teacher.

VN Store

Back