'20 GA RB Jahmyr Gibbs (Bama Commit)

They don't have exclusive access to the NFL but you're kidding yourself if you think that's not a safer bet than playing anywhere else.
They are only putting out what they are taking in. The same thing was happening here in the 90"s. Good talent with the right development will make it to the league by whatever school. If your theory is correct then we need to shut down at least 12 schools in the SEC for futility purposes.

Your theory will also be challenged as soon as the Texas schools and OU start pushing their NIL deals. Bama and UGA can not compete with that kind of money.

They are only putting out what they are taking in. The same thing was happening here in the 90"s. Good talent with the right development will make it to the league by whatever school. If your theory is correct then we need to shut down at least 12 schools in the SEC for futility purposes.

Your theory will also be challenged as soon as the Texas schools and OU start pushing their NIL deals. Bama and UGA can not compete with that kind of money.
You may be right. But I also question whether or not Bama is really PAYING these kids that much more than everyone else. The Alabama program sells itself. Paying players seems more like something that the fringe teams need to do to try and keep up with the Alabama's of the world.

I hate Alabama as much as anybody on this site. But I just don't subscribe to the notion that Bama's just out there outbidding everyone for elite talent. Maybe I'm naive. I just don't think that's how it plays out every time.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

Lol the only reason Bama will fall off is bc Saban will retire. NIL is a thing this year, ya know. Bama and UGA still at the top of the rankings…

You may be right. But I also question whether or not Bama is really PAYING these kids that much more than everyone else. The Alabama program sells itself. Paying players seems more like something that the fringe teams need to do to try and keep up with the Alabama's of the world.

I hate Alabama as much as anybody on this site. But I just don't subscribe to the notion that Bama's just out there outbidding everyone for elite talent. Maybe I'm naive. I just don't think that's how it plays out every time.

I agree with your previous Bama takes but not this one. They are absolutely paying players and paying them a lot. But so are other schools. Bama has a trump card - Saban. And Saban is proven.

I agree with your previous Bama takes but not this one. They are absolutely paying players and paying them a lot. But so are other schools. Bama has a trump card - Saban. And Saban is proven.
I don't think we're saying different things. Bama is certainly paying players. And was long before it was legal. The point I'm making is that paying players is not the primary reason for Bama's dominance.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Dish has nothing to gain from sponsoring an college athlete. It won’t drive their subscription sells like a physical commodity. They would be better off donating to a school fund allocation to Spyre etc and writing it off if they wanted to help in some way.

Does pilot have any restrictions due to haslam NFL connection?

A wise man once said, “worry about the ones we get and not the ones that we don’t get”
jeremy-pruitt-101020-getty-ftr_1r9ujf1k4jv8k1eqtczhwjmw5a.jpg

Lol the only reason Bama will fall off is bc Saban will retire. NIL is a thing this year, ya know. Bama and UGA still at the top of the rankings…
NIL is nothing now compared to what it will be in a year or two. Stop kidding yourself.

Why would recruits go to Bama and sit on the bench for the potential to play as a junior or a senior? At the same time they could be exposing their brand at a competing program and pushing their product for the next level. Makes no sense other than money.

Reactions: Hyperion
Why would recruits go to Bama and sit on the bench for the potential to play as a junior or a senior? At the same time they could be exposing their brand at a competing program and pushing their product for the next level. Makes no sense other than money.
Ask Mac Jones. Or any number of other guys who have competed against the best in the biz during practice for 2-3 years and then get their shot.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

Bc they know they will practice against the best, develop, and get drafted.

This isn’t that difficult.

Bamas two best players are a redshirt freshman with a Million dollar NIL who will win the Heisman in 3 days, and a sophomore who will be the NO 1 pick in the 2023 draft. Theyve already proven you dont have to sit and wait to get paid.

Then we need to just shut the other 12 programs down and let Bama be Bama.

Lol why tho? It’s ok to admit that Saban is the best thats ever done it and also try to beat him. But dude is still gonna get players.

VN Store

Back