Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen 26. And how on earth is that person running an 80s rewind account and only seen 8?

My top 3 on that list.

1. The Karate Kid
2. Better Off Dead
3. The Goonies
Hell yea!
Better of Dead is a true classic!
“Go that way really fast. If something gets in your way…..turn.”

And the 5-10 years prior? Data is voluminous. Not going to teeter on "a couple of weeks" of outcomes. Most of it is so far statistically superior to "old school..."common sense" thought" like waiting to go for 2s till the last moment 😄

But when old school/mathematically poor decisions are made and they lose...nobody says a thing because the decision is "standard". It's funny really - Kiffin has referenced this. He hates making the right analytical decisions because he knows the masses get upset when the outcome (rather than the process) turns out bad.

Not saying there aren't bad decisions made upon bad applications of analytics - but all in all they are far superior and coaches nowadays have a better, non dogmatic, view of them and typically understand you have to apply them to specific rosters and situations. But if it gives you a chance to succeed of 60% vs 50% the old way - well you're still gonna fail a ton of the time. Doesn't make it wrong by any means.
Bite me, nerd.

Reactions: 99Vol
I've seen 26. And how on earth is that person running an 80s rewind account and only seen 8?

My top 3 on that list.

1. The Karate Kid
2. Better Off Dead
3. The Goonies
I’ve seen 30
*Caddy shack
*Better of Dead
*Stand by Me
*Weird Science (Kelly LeBrock)
1639973434318.jpeg

I remember the impact of that movie as a kid. Freaked me out, and watched it a million times.

I worked with Powers Booth on a show a while back. I was putting a mic through his tie and all I wanted was to ask him, “What’s the capital of Texas?” Hoping he’d reply Austin. Then I’d reply, “Wrong commie it’s Houston!” But I couldn’t do it. He was rehearsing his lines to himself and I couldn’t distract him at all. Man I had a ton of questions to ask him, but never got the chance. He was in an awesome 80’s movie in the Amazon jungle searching for his lost son, too. Can’t remember the name of it. He was a great one. RIP

The Emerald Forest

Reactions: 74volz
General Neyland thought that bowl games were meaningless. There were very few back then. Also, NC was determined prior to the bowls or he would have cared.

Now there are so many bowls that it’s becoming meaningless again. I really care about the outcome of the Music City Bowl. Other bowls, not so much.

When the Sugar Bowl represented the SEC Champion vs anyone else, then it was meaningful. Now it is just another bowl.

I will watch the playoffs hoping for uga to lose first game. Embarrassing loss at that. Michigan-osu level of embarrassment. Worse than the uga-bama loss. Don’t really care otherwise. I want the Richt-smart comparisons to affect their recruiting and their mindset. I want to see smart and muschump get into a fight on the sidelines when the Vols kick they ass next year. I want it to affect them so badly that muschump has to be admitted to a psych ward. I want smart to be do desperate that he hires DC pruitt mid season. I want pruitt to get drunk and beat smart up in front of recruits’ families. Then screw up their NIL so badly that they act neutered. 🤯

Wow, didn’t know about the depth of my dawg hostility. That’s usually reserved for the gators and vandy. (Cafego and I were roommates Freshman year) 🤠
My hatred for Bama and Florida are but a pebble to the Boulder that is my hatred of those mutts down there.

And the 5-10 years prior? Data is voluminous. Not going to teeter on "a couple of weeks" of outcomes. Most of it is so far statistically superior to "old school..."common sense" thought" like waiting to go for 2s till the last moment 😄

But when old school/mathematically poor decisions are made and they lose...nobody says a thing because the decision is "standard". It's funny really - Kiffin has referenced this. He hates making the right analytical decisions because he knows the masses get upset when the outcome (rather than the process) turns out bad.

Not saying there aren't bad decisions made upon bad applications of analytics - but all in all they are far superior and coaches nowadays have a better, non dogmatic, view of them and typically understand you have to apply them to specific rosters and situations. But if it gives you a chance to succeed of 60% vs 50% the old way - well you're still gonna fail a ton of the time. Doesn't make it wrong by any means.

Good luck to any coaches who expect an owner to keep them around while the analytics play out.

Don’t tell me how statistics were in your favor, but you lost by a touchdown.

Reactions: Vols4us
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back