Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as people keep taking it up the butt, the companies will continue sticking it up the butt. I will do me. I watch ESPN really only when the Vols are on. People think they can't do without. I have Dish and haven't had NBC in months. Haven't missed it one bit. Honestly, I'm getting ready to cancel dish altogether. I hardly ever watch the dish, primarily when the vols play.
Yeah, when Dish lost CBS a few years ago, the only time I missed it was when the Vols were on. Just so happened to be the OT game where Pig fumbled through the end zone. Lucky enough for me though I just went to a friends house to watch the game.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I find this interesting. If it was walk ons that caused Penny to run and hide that makes him look even worse.
"According to one source, the two players who tested positive traveled back to Memphis separate from the rest of the team. While it's unclear which players tested positive, The Commercial Appeal was able to confirm that star freshmen Emoni Bates and Jalen Duren and veteran DeAndre Williams were not among them.
Memphis has unvaccinated players on its roster, a source confirmed, though it's not clear how many. Memphis coach Penny Hardaway said before the season not all his players were vaccinated, adding "probably 90%" were.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
As long as people keep taking it up the butt, the companies will continue sticking it up the butt. I will do me. I watch ESPN really only when the Vols are on. People think they can't do without. I have Dish and haven't had NBC in months. Haven't missed it one bit. Honestly, I'm getting ready to cancel dish altogether. I hardly ever watch the dish, primarily when the vols play.
I get it and didn't mean it badly.

In the end, it's dang difficult to get completely away from companies like Disney, Google, Amazon, etc because they are good at buying companies and entire industries we enjoy.

Has anyone tried Sling TV?

Sounds like it may be a good option. Sling Orange (1 stream) + advanced sports comes out to $48/mo. Still don't see if it has Key Plays feature though. Does no one else offer such a thing?? It seems like such an obvious feature for sports.

I have Sling right now for CFB basically. Don't really watch anything else on live TV. I plan to cancel it once the bowls are done.

Here is a hot take...Since we have to pay for TV services today, then why do we still have advertisements? A la carte would be even better so I can stop subsidizing crap.

Last edited:
I get it and didn't mean it badly.

In the end, it's dang difficult to get completely away from companies like Disney, Google, Amazon, etc because they are good at buying companies and entire industries we enjoy.
True. You're getting out of bed with one to get into bed with another. I've been watching a lot more YouTube (Google). At least some normal Jane's and Joe's are benefitting.

Last edited:
I use it now and enjoy it. Its a little more expensive, but being able to have 20 concurrent streams in your home and the 3 additional outside of your area is great. The 20 hours for DVR unless you pay 10 dollars additional for unlimited is annoying though. There are a ton of on demand programming though
Thanks. Paying for Disney+ now, so probably the best deal is to go with Hulu live. Hate u have to pay $80 for no commercials, though.

It could, but I’m not holding my breathe. The asking price was unfair in YouTubeTVs eyes from The Walt Disney Company, and WD probably made that unfair demand with the intention that YouTubeTV would balk at the price. YouTubeTV then loses subscribers and where do some of those subscribers go? HuluTV. Who owns HuluTV? The Walt Disney Company.

Negotiations were ongoing for the last few months and they couldn’t get a deal done. Maybe the added pressure will push YouTubeTV to cave and pay an unfair price as they say, but I think were going to see a stand off for a while.
Both are equally at fault. Disney has a price tag and YTTV wants to continue to make their extremely high profits.

I got Sling for CFB season and will cancel as soon as the last bowl goes off the air. We don't watch much TV and what we watch we stream through Netflix, Disney+, or HBOMax (that is included I think through Verizon or our AT&T bill). If we need local news we can just look that ish up on our phones.

Thanks. Paying for Disney+ now, so probably the best deal is to go with Hulu live. Hate u have to pay $80 for no commercials, though.
True, but cutting the cord isnt what it used to be back a few years ago. Back around 4 years ago you could get awesome streaming tv services for a fraction of what we all have to pay now.

Here is a hot take...Since we have to pay for TV services today, then why do we still have advertisements? A la carte would be even better so I can stop subsiding crap.
Dish way back in the day had a bunch of ala carte. As streaming continues to become more popular I could see the middleman being cut out. CBS already has their own service. NBC through peacock is doing it. It won't be long to you see others follow, imo.

I think a great business would be a streaming service that works only with local channels. If you want locals, your options are limited. If you had a source for just local channels, I think that could work. There's a lot of local channels you can't get through streaming or satellite.

Hulu is what I use and it’s great
A Hulu veteran. Ok. I need to know - is there any way to watch game highlights/Key Plays? Or do you just have to watch entire games/scroll around looking for the important plays? Hopefully you know where to find this. Otherwise I feel like I'm living in caveman times 😄

I’d be super pissed if I had traveled from Memphis or Knoxville and they canceled this close to tip time.

I’d just gotten in the car from Murfreesboro.

Call me one of these. Memphis to Nashville with my father and two sons. Christmas gifts from me to them. Just very, very disappointed. My dad and I have seen many sporting events, but that’s how we share a close bond. My boys missed out on that opportunity today.

Call me one of these. Memphis to Nashville with my father and two sons. Christmas gifts from me to them. Just very, very disappointed. My dad and I have seen many sporting events, but that’s how we share a close bond. My boys missed out on that opportunity today.

Send the bill to Penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back