Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I say anything about government controlling it?
Well, who else would? Other than that, we get from the huge corporations what they give once they get huge like Disney, Google, Amazon, etc.

The only options are: stop buying all their stuff (unlikely) or bitch to govt to change it (yuck) or make something better (I don't see anything close currently.) 🤷‍♂️

Well, who else would? Other than that, we get from the huge corporations what they give once they get huge like Disney, Google, Amazon, etc.

The only options are: stop buying all their stuff (unlikely) or bitch to govt to change it (yuck) or make something better (I don't see anything close currently.) 🤷‍♂️
Boom!

Yeesh. HuluTV doesn't even let you fast forward commercials from a recorded game without upgrading for another $10...even traditional DVR didn't do this crap. Feels like nickel and diming our way right back to pre-cord cutting days.

YTTV make it happen!
Yttv just lost all Disney/ESPN/ABC channels, so fair warning if you want to watch some bowl games.

I’m holding tight fulling expecting YTTV to reach an agreement in time for MCB kickoff. The greediness is absolute nonsense.

It could, but I’m not holding my breathe. The asking price was unfair in YouTubeTVs eyes from The Walt Disney Company, and WD probably made that unfair demand with the intention that YouTubeTV would balk at the price. YouTubeTV then loses subscribers and where do some of those subscribers go? HuluTV. Who owns HuluTV? The Walt Disney Company.

Negotiations were ongoing for the last few months and they couldn’t get a deal done. Maybe the added pressure will push YouTubeTV to cave and pay an unfair price as they say, but I think were going to see a stand off for a while.

I’m holding tight fulling expecting YTTV to reach an agreement in time for MCB kickoff. The greediness is absolute nonsense.
I want to watch all the bowl games, so I had to leave Yttv and switch to hulu, which I don't really like.

It could, but I’m not holding my breathe. The asking price was unfair in YouTubeTVs eyes from The Walt Disney Company, and WD probably made that unfair demand with the intention that YouTubeTV would balk at the price. YouTubeTV then loses subscribers and where do some of those subscribers go? HuluTV. Who owns HuluTV? The Walt Disney Company.

Negotiations were ongoing for the last few months and they couldn’t get a deal done. Maybe the added pressure will push YouTubeTV to cave and pay an unfair price as they say, but I think were going to see a stand off for a while.
I just wish Disney would release a package for 25 that had all the ESPN channels and Disney channels. That's about all I need.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Has anyone tried Sling TV?

Sounds like it may be a good option. Sling Orange (1 stream) + advanced sports comes out to $48/mo. Still don't see if it has Key Plays feature though. Does no one else offer such a thing?? It seems like such an obvious feature for sports.

Reactions: volfaninpa

Can YouTube survive without offering ESPN?

Probably not a "Happy wife, happy life" solution but you do you.
As long as people keep taking it up the butt, the companies will continue sticking it up the butt. I will do me. I watch ESPN really only when the Vols are on. People think they can't do without. I have Dish and haven't had NBC in months. Haven't missed it one bit. Honestly, I'm getting ready to cancel dish altogether. I hardly ever watch the dish, primarily when the vols play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back