Tennessee - Memphis cancelled

Memphis cancels the game, because THEY broke protocols, but Memphis players are on Twitter trashing Rick Barnes. Their program is nothing but garbage. Penny's trash personality washes off on his players.

Do you think they are Sick.....No

Did they attend or host a party that they came in contact with Covid? Possibile.

Did Penny need an excuse not to play this game. Yes

Did Penny Screw himself or Tennessee?

Probably had plan for weeks....

costly event if proven to be false or set up by designed. Called if off for Violations of Protocols Well that is on the Coach and his staff....

I'm not sure what's fully going on with this cancellation but if I'm Barnes I wouldn't reschedule either though I'd love to thrash Memphis.

There has been at least a couple of low class things that have gone on the last few years.

Interesting that the players and cheerleaders, etc attended a large party until the wee hours of the morning and hung over. One of my son’s friends is a Memphis cheerleader and very skeptical that covid tests were administered this morning. Crazy!
I’d say this is more believable than covid. Nobody’s gonna question it

Yesterday, the leading media guy in town wrote a front page article saying how this game shouldn't be played in Nashville. Martin and Parrish both talked on their radio shows how this wasn't as important now since Memphis beat Bama.

The 3 guys with all the university connections in town essentially said the same thing 24 hours before this happened.
John F. Kennedy all over again? I doubt it.

Interesting that the players and cheerleaders, etc attended a large party until the wee hours of the morning and hung over. One of my son’s friends is a Memphis cheerleader and very skeptical that covid tests were administered this morning. Crazy!

This. Orchestrated by Penny. The last minute thing is him trolling UT program and fans.

Penny is a bum.

The more I think about it the more I agree with it, that it wasnt positive tests, it was broken protocols. Just my opinion but if there are going to be protocols in place then there needs to be strict penalties in place. Every team that breaks protocols should either have their program shut down for a month and all games be considered forefits, or be banned from the AA tournament at the end of the season. This is beyond ridiculous.

To my understanding he used the words that Covid Protocols were violated. Not Positive Test. But the requirement for quarantine...which is a slippery slope to use but sounds like Penny ducking a game. NBA Stuff.

What’s asinine about not playing the game? Maybe you should consider the wishes of your own team as to whether the game should be played. Maybe UT didn’t want to play agains a team that may expose them to COVID-19. Maybe it’s more than just you, maybe this is a a real pandemic and some people want to be as safe as possible.
Lol. Barnes said they found out 5 minutes before they pulled in to the arena. TN wanted to play.

If there isn’t one Memphis player positive. If it’s for breaking protocols and going to the party. Then all refunds and Tennessee’s expenses for the trip should all be reimbursed by Memphis

Then they'll create a positive test out of thin air. I believe it takes a few days for someone to actually test positive after exposure.

The real question here and now is: What happene to the money? Who owes who? and how much?

My thoughts exactly. Some college kids lived their lives. OMFG…

Your statement alone is true, however these aren’t just “students”. They have more responsibility than regular students. They are receiving compensation for their performance and a lot of monetary investment by ticket buyers. After last year they should simply know better, and do better. But we are talking about Memphis and Penny, so I guess we shouldn’t expect much from them from an organizational standpoint.

The more I think about it the more I agree with it, that it wasnt positive tests, it was broken protocols. Just my opinion but if there are going to be protocols in place then there needs to be strict penalties in place. Every team that breaks protocols should either have their program shut down for a month and all games be considered forefits, or be banned from the AA tournament at the end of the season. This is beyond ridiculous.

I agree with this, which is why it should be a forfeit. They may not like the protocols or agree with them but for now it's what they have to do and if a game is canceled because they flipped them off, then that's on them. And if it was at an official Memphis event, then the university should be fined.

To my understanding he used the words that Covid Protocols were violated. Not Positive Test. But the requirement for quarantine...which is a slippery slope to use but sounds like Penny ducking a game. NBA Stuff.

I really, really, really hope someone can prove that it was that too many players were hung over.

VN Store

Back