Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies are unbeaten, about to be top 10, without one of their best players, with 3 to 4 really good wins, and you're calling their downfall. Regardless if it happens or not, I bet you're lovely around the holidays.

Pruitt was a disaster here...I still can't wrap my head around how big of a failure he was. From culture to coaching to everything. I've never seen anything quite like it. With that said, I don't buy into "Pruitt can't coach", no more than I buy into "Clemson has taken a step back". Clemson went 9-3, a year removed from 6 to 8 years of some of the best QB play that college football has ever seen. That's like Ole Miss firing Cut, a year removed from Eli.

Whenever Pruitt was hired here, he was the best DC in the country, and had/has the resume to prove it. The guy has 3 or 4 rings, and Bama's defenses have been NOWHERE NEAR his days since. Pruitt was the DC of the last, truly elite defense in college football.

You talk about superior talent...so what?? Same thing could be said about Nick Saban. UGA has same talent as Bama, not the same coaches, as we saw. Follow? However, talk of superior talent is the only reason Pruitt was successful...bullsh!t, but ok...superior talent he has at Clemson. Best talent in the country.

This notion that someone now sucks because they failed, is one of the dumbest takes this board has ever seen. Now, let's say Dabo did hire Pruitt, and Pruitt failed again, is this possible? Absolutely. But, I'm not going to at least look into someone that has been WILDLY SUCCESSFUL...EVERYWHERE ELSE...he's been, just because of one or two, possibly three other stops. The coaching business is littered with coaches that have failed, succeeded, failed, succeeded. By your take, Bill Belichick would have never coached again. Pete Carroll or Johnny Majors. Majors was 24-30 at Iowa St, a complete failure. Done, in your book.

Lol, he just didn't fail, he failed miserably. His defenses were not just bad they were a pathetic embarrassment. They did nothing well. Their fundamentals were non existent. A good coach can make something more than just the sum of the parts. He did less.

He was never at a stop longer than a couple of years. All of those stops he out talented 99% of his competition. The guy's a loser and a fraud. If you can only win by out talenting the opponent, your not a very good coach. He sucks on every level.

As for the Lady Vols, they've beaten no one, really. They've won two against two ranked teams in South Florida and Texas. I've played and watched basketball for a very long time and I can spot a well coached team and this isn't one. They'll come back down to earth when they face some real competition.

Last edited:
Logged back on for the first time today and I’m 50 pages behind. What did I miss?

50 pages in 1 reply? Challenge accepted

Venables to Oklahoma.
Cristobal to Miami.
Purdue to Music City Bowl.
Vols to the Music City bowl.
Some fans wanted FL bowl.
So VN to the hyperbole.

And you're caught up.

Lol, he just didn't fail, he failed miserably. His defenses were not just bad they were a pathetic embarrassment. They did nothing well. Their fundamentals were non existent. A good coach can make something more than just the sum of the parts. He did less.

He was never at a stop longer than a couple of years. All of those stops he out talented 99% of his competition. The guy's a loser and a fraud. If you can only win by out talenting the opponent, your not a very good coach. He sucks on every level.

As for the Lady Vols, they've beaten no one, really. They've won two against two ranked teams in South Florida and Texas. I've played and watched basketball for a very long time and I can spot a well coached team and thus isn't one. They'll come back down to earth when they face some real competition.
I've watched rocket launches and looked through a telescope, doesn't mean I know about astronauting.

I keep hoping that the generally negative eval around here regarding the Napier hire is right. We all want other SEC teams weak while we rebuild the empire. This quote from an ESPN piece gives me hope that the job is too big for him. It's a really Lyle Butch Jones move to start your career by borrowing cred from Saban.

View attachment 418074
Ohhhh I love this. They hired a CEO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back