Vaccine or not?

I've been clear about my feelings on masks and freedom (I'm at the office not wearing one right now, for example; I'm going to Walmart on the way home and won't wear one there either).

Manufacturers have to put those warnings on the box as a liability hedge. They are right in that the masks do not prevent passage of airborne self-contained particulate. This virus travels in fluid droplets that are too large to fit through the holes.

You're a pilot, right? I can fit through the jet bridge; your plane can't. Once you land, I can't get to the terminal until someone manually lets me through. The hole is large enough for me but not for your plane. It's the same concept here.
Then why didn't they help in large studies on influenza transmission?

Why did schools with mask requirements fare the same last year as those without?

Why did one of the few good studies I've seen on public mask usage and CV only find approximately a 2% reduction in the rate of increase of cases?

Then why didn't they help in large studies on influenza transmission?

Particulate size.

Once direct measurement of particles containing viruses in exhaled breath was technically feasible, most particles (87%) with influenza viral RNA were found to be smaller than 1 μm.
Exhaled influenza viral generation rates were estimated to be from fewer than 3·2 to 20 virus particles per min. Further developments enabled detection of so-called fine versus coarse particles (ie, ≤5 μm vs >5 μm).
Influenza viral RNA was detected in the exhaled breath of 34 (92%) of 37 adults.
The fine particles contained 8·8-times (95% CI 4·1–19·0) more viral copies than did the coarse ones. Respiratory viruses have been found in both coughs (82% of participants) and exhaled breath (81% of participants).
Similarly, influenza virus was found in similar amounts in coughs (53% of participants) and breath (42% of participants).
Human rhinovirus was collected more frequently in exhaled breath than in cough aerosols using a filter method.
Findings from two studies with comparable particle size data showed that influenza virus in exhaled breath is contained in smaller particles than influenza virus in cough (figure 3).

DEFINE_ME

Why did schools with mask requirements fare the same last year as those without?

Did those studies account for vectors of infection outside of school? How was data collected to eliminate external infection possibilities?

Why did one of the few good studies I've seen on public mask usage and CV only find approximately a 2% reduction in the rate of increase of cases?

It would be helpful for you to link that study.

Didn't see that, sorry. I'll delete that part.
There is a mechanism that impacts particles this small but it isn’t via direct blocking it’s via electrostatic attraction. That’s why when you see the efficiency of the N95 vs particle size it starts out very high then dips in the 1-10 micron region then goes back up.

Reactions: AshG
LOL OK Chief. The MANUFACTURER states on the ****ing box that it won't protect you...

Try to keep up, the science states the premise of protection is as a knock down barrier not a complete barrier to reception.

I assume you're an educated man, this premise shouldn't be hard to reconcile.

Literally no one is arguing a mask prevents inhalation of the virus (except n95).

It's science, Chief.

Try to keep up, the science states the premise of protection is as a knock down barrier not a complete barrier to reception.

I assume you're an educated man, this premise shouldn't be hard to reconcile.

Literally no one is arguing a mask prevents inhalation of the virus (except n95).

It's science, Chief.
So that word prevents doesn't mean 'prevents'. Thanks.

You can keep wearing your mask and get your shots. I really don't care. I'm not gonna do either. The Omicron/Moronic variation is a big nothing burger and the fear merchants are running out of material. Now if we can get rid of Biden/Harris somehow... the OTHER Moronic virus infection in the country......

Reactions: lukeneyland
Former Australian pro-basketball player Ben Madgen has been diagnosed with pericarditis (inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart) shortly after receiving his second dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Madgen, who won the Rookie of the Year Award in 2011 in Australia’s number one Basketball League, ended up in the emergency room following the jab.

The news comes after it was reported this week that an Adelaide Crows football player was sent to hospital and diagnosed with pericarditis after his Pfizer shot.

Ben Madgen: Former Pro-Basketball Player Diagnosed With Pericarditis After Receiving Second Dose Of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine

Former Australian pro-basketball player Ben Madgen has been diagnosed with pericarditis (inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart) shortly after receiving his second dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Madgen, who won the Rookie of the Year Award in 2011 in Australia’s number one Basketball League, ended up in the emergency room following the jab.

The news comes after it was reported this week that an Adelaide Crows football player was sent to hospital and diagnosed with pericarditis after his Pfizer shot.

Ben Madgen: Former Pro-Basketball Player Diagnosed With Pericarditis After Receiving Second Dose Of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine

But just think how sick he would have gotten without the shot...

VN Store

Back