Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I love our fans here.

Tennessee beats Tennessee Tech, at home, by 28 points.
"What an impressive win, Kellie has them playing great!"

UConn beats Seton Hall, on the road, by 25 points.
"What's wrong with UConn? Clearly chemistry issues."
One team- a plethora of five starts up and down the bench
The other team- Limited five stars and our best player is injured

I love our fans here.

Tennessee beats Tennessee Tech, at home, by 28 points.
"What an impressive win, Kellie has them playing great!"

UConn beats Seton Hall, on the road, by 25 points.
"What's wrong with UConn? Clearly chemistry issues."

Your reading comprehension sucks. If you’ll re-address that post you’ll notice I said their chemistry seemed off this season the couple times I’ve watched. Which was not the Seaton Hall game. I watched their game against Arkansas, not impressed. USF? Same thing, not impressed. South Carolina? Butt whipping.

So far in the season they have played much less inspired than our lady vols. Not that you’d notice, as you’re concerned with finding a way to make a dig at our team or our fans.

You’re a passive aggressive little man, just like Geno. If you have something to say about my post feel free to respond directly rather than making passive aggressive comments in other posts.

Thanks bud!

I think Notre Dame and Louisville have a shot. Thought Ga Tech would be better than they have played. They brought back a nice team and added a good transfer. Slow start so far though.

Just don’t think UCLA is very good this season. Geno and Cori are buddies so he’ll go light on her but they don’t have the stuff this season. They had a tough thanksgiving weekend.

Louisville played their best game of the season against Michigan. They lost to Arizona in OT and they struggled against a mediocre Washington team. Hailey Van Lith has a hard time so far being the number one option in place of Dana Evans.

I watched Notre Dame lose to GA in OT and hold on to beat Oregon St. They look like they are better than last season's team but I'm not sure they have gotten past their tendency to collapse in the 4th quarter like last season's team often did.

It is well known that Geno promises nothing to his recruits. Nothing. Practice determines game time. Just watched a video of him yelling at his players during a practice, "you can either force me to play you or force me to bench you...your choice". Guess that sums it all up. Azzi is resting a stress injury in her foot. And where did these "parental" rumblings from her parents come from? Anyone willing to give us some legit content?
If you watch A Cinderella Story about the Lady Vols Chamique basically implied in so many words that everyone, including Geno promised her playing time…everyone but Pat. So I wouldn’t be so sure on that.

That picture looks like Fudd's future at CT involves a lot of resting on Buecker's shoulders. The title says "2 in a million" - that means Bueckers is #1, and Fudd is somewhere in the mix with the other 1,999,999 players.

Fudd probably saw this cover come out, and immediately started thinking of transferring.....

;)

Saw just a little of the game yesterday. What I saw was when PB went after a smaller player and grabbed the ball out of her hands, the refs called a foul, then she walked all over the court cradling the ball with both arms, looking shocked, while Geno argued the call. I found it ridiculously obnoxious. Wonder if her teammates get tired of her constantly seeking the limelight. Hope we slaughter UConn and the drama queen.
She does act incredulous when calls don’t go her way. Love her game, minus the whining.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Oh mighty keyboard warrior, your ego is getting as bad as dickster and humper in thinking everything on the forum is about you. Several here marveled at Tennessee's thrashing of Tennessee Tech, and many of those same fans don't realize how ridiculous they looked mocking UConn for their comparable victory over "Seaton" Hall. To think I was singling you out is precious, but it might shock you to know I really don't care about your assessment of either team and generally scroll through your TLDR posts these days for that reason. Besides, you of all people should realize I have NO problem calling out individuals for idiotic posts (case in point)...
Who exactly was mocking UConn for "only" beating Seton Hall by 25 points? I haven't seen any posts, at least not in this thread, doing so.

If you watch A Cinderella Story about the Lady Vols Chamique basically implied in so many words that everyone, including Geno promised her playing time…everyone but Pat. So I wouldn’t be so sure on that.
And if you read Shea Ralph's recruitment she said the reason she picked UConn over UT and UNC is because Geno told her if she didn't practice she wouldn't play. Geno is very public about playing time is earned in practice with numerous quotes over several years. One quote i can paraphrase is when asked about recruiting over players he said, "if a player feels they can't earn playing time, they are not a UConn player."

And if you read Shea Ralph's recruitment she said the reason she picked UConn over UT and UNC is because Geno told her if she didn't practice she wouldn't play. Geno is very public about playing time is earned in practice with numerous quotes over several years. One quote i can paraphrase is when asked about recruiting over players he said, "if a player feels they can't earn playing time, they are not a UConn player."

Well, I don't know Shea Ralph, but I did know Pat Summitt, who was the head coach at UT when Shea Ralph was being recruited and, I can guarantee you if Ms. Ralph was suggesting by that comment that Pat did not tell her she would have to earn playing time then she was sadly mistaken or she misheard. Also, the exact quote, (if USA Today has an accurate history) was "Coach Auriemma was the only coach that told me if I was really good I'd play a lot, and if I sucked I wasn't playing.", which can be read a number of ways. (And, to my mind is significantly different from "...if she didn't practice she wouldn't play.") Particularly since the fact that she was the National Player of the Year would suggest that she was "really good".

On another point, I wouldn't necessarily rely on any coach's public declarations as definitive when it comes to what is said in private to a prized recruit. You would hardly expect a coach to come out and publicly declare, "I guaranteed her that she could come to [our school] and be the starting player at her position on a national championship team."

Jim

Well, I don't know Shea Ralph, but I did know Pat Summitt, who was the head coach at UT when Shea Ralph was being recruited and, I can guarantee you if Ms. Ralph was suggesting by that comment that Pat did not tell her she would have to earn playing time then she was sadly mistaken or she misheard. Also, the exact quote, (if USA Today has an accurate history) was "Coach Auriemma was the only coach that told me if I was really good I'd play a lot, and if I sucked I wasn't playing.", which can be read a number of ways. (And, to my mind is significantly different from "...if she didn't practice she wouldn't play.") Particularly since the fact that she was the National Player of the Year would suggest that she was "really good".

On another point, I wouldn't necessarily rely on any coach's public declarations as definitive when it comes to what is said in private to a prized recruit. You would hardly expect a coach to come out and publicly declare, "I guaranteed her that she could come to [our school] and be the starting player at her position on a national championship team."

Jim

THANK👏🏽 YOU👏🏽

Mizzou/Baylor on ESPNU. Early observation for Lady Bears home games is lack of attendance so far . The impact of Kim is enormous. I’d say if Kim was still there, you’d see 8,000 + in the arena for this prime time matchup . Tonight it’s about 3,000 , maybe.

Missouri making a comeback, would like to see them win, think Baylor at #5 is very overrated.

MO missed free throws and got a bad foul called on a player that was her 4th, down by 4, 4:28 left, hope they come back again for the win.

VN Store

Back